Slim for summer

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
So here I am, back jumping into the VLCD diet world for the second time. I lost just under 3.5st on Lipotrim in 2011 in 3 months then, life happened, fell off the wagon big time even though I had wanted to lose a further 2st. Eighteen months later I'm right back to where I started but am determined to get to goal this time and then maintain. I've learnt my lesson and am determined to make this the last time. Once I reach goal my plan is to follow the Holford Diet principles to enable me to maintain.

I had thought about putting off starting until January as I know I'm not going to be 100% during December (too many Christmas and birthday things going on) but I thought I would try to be 100% when I can, stick to protein when I go out and go very easy on the booze and I might manage to drop a stone before the new year rather than think 'Oh, I'm starting my diet in January so I might as well go for it' and end up putting a stone on!! Then come January it'll be 98% until I reach goal (after a few weeks 100% on Lipotrim I did have to have the occasional slice of chicken or cube of cheese) which I hope to do by 1st June as a worst case scenario but really asap. I definitely don't want another fat summer.

In addition, I have absolutely nothing to wear right now. I have one pair of stretchy size 16 jeans which I can just about squeeze myself into even though this leaves me with a hideous muffin top, but I refuse to buy size 18s as I have a wardrobe full of size 14/16 clothes that I know I can be in, probably in less than 3 months, if I just focus.

So that's me. Weigh in will be on Tuesdays and I'll be updating my diary as I go.

This is very similar story to, but it's my first time doing a Vlcd, I did dukan and lost a stone but couldn't keep it you due to the time I had to put into it making meals and stuff, I look forward to sharing your journey.... Maybe I should do a diary as I have noticed people get a lot more out of doing them than just plodding along :)

Looking forward to reading your progress over the coming weeks :) I've started this week because I want to be in a position come late dec/early jan like you of having a good start behind me already instead of just starting out like 99% of the country will be doing, I think it's a great plan to start before.

Wishing you all the good vibes you can take, that it works for you over the next few weeks and months :)

I too have just re-started this week for the same reason, how pleased are we all going to be when we get to new year and we are already on our way to goal! good luck and looking forward to keeping up with your journey :)

So 5.2lbs down this week. It's not the 12lb I lost in my first week when I did Lipotrim but hey, I knew this was going to be slower as I know I'm not going to be 100% this month so I'm quite happy. My aim is to have dropped a stone, well ideally get to 15st (210lbs) by the end of December so that I start the New Year with a 1st 2.6lb loss and then get to 14st by the end of January. So, 11.4lbs to go in December. My intention is to start exercising this week to try and boost the rate of loss. This week I only have one social occasion to get through, a friend's 50th birthday, so I'm planning on steak and veg, no dessert, of course, and maybe a couple of small glasses of white wine.

well done on completing your first week and well done on your 5lb loss :0clapper:makes 11lb through december seem like a doddle x keep up the good work :)

Thanks Jaqueline and well done on your 11lb loss. Fantastic.

So, just got back from my night out with the school mums for a joint 40th/50th birthday celebration. Stuck to my guns and had a rib eye steak with bearnaise sauce and then asked them to swap the spicy wedges for a side of green and broad beans. Avoided the joint starters the others ordered as it was all bready stuff, didn't have a slice of birthday cake and had two white wine spritzers and a black coffee. It won't be great on the calories (should have left the bearnaise sauce!) but it won't be a disaster either and I should still be in ketosis so not too worried. Pleased that I managed to resist all temptation, especially the wedges and the rustic breads with olive oil and balsamic dip - yum. First major test overcome. Onwards and downwards one hopes.

Back