Slim & Save Help, I don't like veg!!!!!!

Claire14

Hi everyone, I have just started back on slim and save. Tried it last year but couldn't get my head around it at the time. Have a trip to New York coming up in March so really need to get my act together. I am 12st 9lbs and the heaviest I have been in my life. I have constant knee and back pain due to being overweight and really would love to get back down to 9stone. My problem is I love the 3 pack option and looking forward to having what I call real food but I really don't like any of the veg listed and know that I will soon get bored of just green salads. Does anybody know if there is anything I can eat instead of the veg,maybe low carb fruit instead. It would make it much more easier for me to be able to stick to. Really don't want to do the 4 pack option.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Claire.x

the listed veg is pretty much all you can have. Its amazing what you can create though, have a look through the recipes thread theres some great stuff on there, someone made swede chips. Im making swede mash tomorrow and just had chicken stir fry for tea. You could just eat the protein alone It might be a bit boring though.

Hi there, yes just started looking at some of the recipe ideas. I am such a bloody fussy eater! Just know I will eventually get bored of just eating green salads. Have to agree there is some great recipe ideas on here. I am determined to stick with it this time. I will be slim I will be!x

Last edited:
You don't like ANY veg or just the stuff on the list? Surely the veg is optional though so you could have 3 packs and 100g protein.

Oh and Swede mash.... Try a little garlic in it. I put garlic pepper in mine and a little made up veg bullion to loosen it up a bit :) it was yummy. That is only if you like garlic tho!

Not really a lover of any veg tbh! Know the veg is optional but would help to keep the hunger at bay if I could have substituted with something else. May just have to try some of the vegetable recipes. Maybe I will then be able to tolerate.x

Herbs, spices and seasonings help to disguise a lot of flavours x

Yes will be paying tesco a visit tomorrow to stock up on these. I have just read that you can have half a sachet of sugar free jelly, is this correct or am I reading this wrong!!!

I think that's right although I won't be as I'd never stop at half a sachet :-(

If you like things sipicy, just add spice or tabasco to everything and it helps make you feel full too

You don't like ANY veg or just the stuff on the list? Surely the veg is optional though so you could have 3 packs and 100g protein.

Oh and Swede mash.... Try a little garlic in it. I put garlic pepper in mine and a little made up veg bullion to loosen it up a bit :) it was yummy. That is only if you like garlic tho!

That sounds scrummy! Will be on my to try list.

Back