Slim & save newbie, advice & tips welcome, anyone else out there starting it.

Want2bme

Hi,

Ts is the first time I've ever tried a diet like this, I've only ever done the 1200 lowest calories healthily with exercise, Im a little apprehensive about feeling hungry, please tell me it doesn't last....I hate feeling hungry.

I have 2 stone to lose in the short term but 6 stone long term goal. Any success stories?

If you arealsostarting this diet or similar please send me a message, be good to have a buddy to encourage etc.

N xx

Want2bme said:
Hi,

Ts is the first time I've ever tried a diet like this, I've only ever done the 1200 lowest calories healthily with exercise, Im a little apprehensive about feeling hungry, please tell me it doesn't last....I hate feeling hungry.

I have 2 stone to lose in the short term but 6 stone long term goal. Any success stories?

If you arealsostarting this diet or similar please send me a message, be good to have a buddy to encourage etc.

N xx

For the first week you may well feel hungry. However, once you are in ketosis you won't feel hungry at all - in fact I often had to remind myself to eat my meals.

I have lost around 9 stone on a combination of LL and SnS. There are some photos of various people on the SnS forum.

Wow! That is fantastic, well done you, you are an inspiration if ever I saw one!

Thank you for the tips, I think this week will be the hardest! Once I'm in the zone I'll be fine, it's just getting through this first week ! So your at your goal weight almost, what is your maintainence plan? Do you feel amazing minus the 10 stone? How has your body reacted to the weight loss?

N x

hey hun, its not the exact same diet but i am doing one of the other milkshake diets and also in the first week, similar goal weight and height too however i let myself go to the extent of 15st 10lbs! its day 6 today though (so 5 full days on the shakes) and it looks like 7lb gone already!

The mental aspect of these diets i personally find the hardest, as someone already said once you're in ketosis its not the hunger at all thats hard, its break the addiction and want/need of food and more importantly for some booze.

Im in the north but if u need/want a buddy feel free to message me, its a hard enough time as it is, let alone doing it alone

amy
x

hey hun, its not the exact same diet but i am doing one of the other milkshake diets and also in the first week, similar goal weight and height too however i let myself go to the extent of 15st 10lbs! its day 6 today though (so 5 full days on the shakes) and it looks like 7lb gone already!

The mental aspect of these diets i personally find the hardest, as someone already said once you're in ketosis its not the hunger at all thats hard, its break the addiction and want/need of food and more importantly for some booze.

Im in the north but if u need/want a buddy feel free to message me, its a hard enough time as it is, let alone doing it alone

amy
x

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your message, defo up for a little buddy! Although I've only just joined and it seems I can't do very much on here at the moment. I hope this doesn't last!

If you can pm me, even though I can't read it at the moment, send me your email address if you like and we can have regular chats on there unless we can do it on here? Bit slow with this site, sorry!!

I think your right in the fact that it's the habit! I'm dying to have a bit of banana as I'm feeding my youngest, it's actually hard to resist and I've never found myself fighting the temptation like this lol iveonly ever done the reduced calorie and excersise diets, this is a first as I like my food too much lol

How have you found this week? Nina x

I like food a lot, and drinks, when im good im really good but when im bad im awful, always been the same, somehow after i had my first daughter i managed to lose about 6 stone and was 9stone for around a year! since having my second iv ballooned again!

I have done most diets to be honest, and lots of times, i do enjoy reduced calorie and exercise and i will probably do that once i get to a weight im a lot happier with.

What day are you on now? I weigh in on friday, officially anyway, as i cant stop peeking every morning! This week isnt so bad, i cant say iv been 100% but iv not been bad at all, i think it helped me through the first couple of days, a slice of ham or bit of chicken, but from today im going to be as good as i can. I havent felt too bad in terms of headaches and dizziness, think the worst was yesterday which was a tingling headache (day 5) how are you getting on ?
xx

Hiya,

Im on day one, so far so good, stopped the pangs with water,..... have had the fuzzy headaches that havent stayed thank goodness, and just feel tired, I'm ready for bed if I'm honest. Chance would be a fine thing, two babies say no! Lol

I got my oh to weigh me before he went to work this morning, and he's taken them away so I can't look till next Wednesday when he will weigh me again. I have to say my scales are amazing, there the type that tell you your weight, fat and water percentage, visceral fat around the organs and so on, you even program your cycle in and it gives you red, amber and green days, red means don't excersise as your body naturally needs rest and the green days mean that body burns more calories naturally at that stage of the cycle, clever!

So how did you come to lose so much weight, do so well, and then regain it all? What happened? Xx

Want2bme said:
Wow! That is fantastic, well done you, you are an inspiration if ever I saw one!

Thank you for the tips, I think this week will be the hardest! Once I'm in the zone I'll be fine, it's just getting through this first week ! So your at your goal weight almost, what is your maintainence plan? Do you feel amazing minus the 10 stone? How has your body reacted to the weight loss?

N x

I have been at goal and am now doing a very slow refeed. Have put a little weight on during the refeed and am now taking it off again. I have a diary in the Slim and Save Refeed forum if you're interested in the details.

Hi again hun, how u getting on? Well I got pregnant again and got a bit complacent and let things slip then over this past year iv gained a whopping 3-4 st just by binge eating a lot, don't really no why to be honest just pure greed! Got to turn it around though it makes me so so miserable, day 10 now, hope youre doing good xxx

P.s what scales do u have they sound fab xx

Hi, I started s&s on friday on,day 3 now and feeling good.How are u getting on? Happy to buddy up if u like.xx

P.s what scales do u have they sound fab xx

Scales are tanita scales, look into them , they are well worth their money! How are you doing today?had a good weekend?

Hi, I started s&s on friday on,day 3 now and feeling good.How are u getting on? Happy to buddy up if u like.xx

Hiya,

Ill buddy up with you, I just finished day 5, day 6 tomorrow! It's been a tough weekend, today I'm on a I wanna rebel mode but I haven't, tire, grumpy, missing carbs and sick of the food already lol! Just put my months supply in so best button up and get on with it.

Its the shakes, the ones in a silver packet! There not agreeing with me, there weak, not thick, go lumpy etc I'm spitting my dummy out lol..

How are you getting on? I have a lot of dizzy spells and can't seem to focus right! Hot sweats, generally not hungry but do her a grumble now and then.

Looks like we have the same goal and a similar weight, I weighed in at 13.9 today.

Im off to bed, hope youve had a good day, look forward to chatting buddy :) xx

I'm not doing bad Hun had a few hours today here I really don't wanna play :( sounds like it must just be one of those days across the board! Well done with the number on the scales tho your doing great xx

Hi want2bme, I'm with you on the hot sweats! I thought ketosis was supposed to make us feel colder?
I'm not hungry either, not looking forward to work today, hoping this fuzzybrain wears off soon!
xx

I'm not doing bad Hun had a few hours today here I really don't wanna play :( sounds like it must just be one of those days across the board! Well done with the number on the scales tho your doing great xx

Ah yes, it must be, I'm not feeling much different today though! I thought your were supposed to feel revitalised and full of energy! I'm just tired, grumpy, and dreading my lunch lol the shakes are making me gag, I just can't get rid of the lumps!!!

The scales say 1 lb heavier today, but they also tell me I'm losing muscle, not fat! My muscle mass has gone down and my fat percentage has gone up..... So I've emailed slim and save to ask their advice as its obvious you still need to do some excersize to burn the fat and keep muscle. I've booked onto a bums and tums class to see if that makes any difference and may start running/ swimming again, see what they say about that first.

Arent you at the start of your second week? What's your loss been? How has this diet made you feel?

Hope you have a good day! Xx

Hi want2bme, I'm with you on the hot sweats! I thought ketosis was supposed to make us feel colder?
I'm not hungry either, not looking forward to work today, hoping this fuzzybrain wears off soon!
xx

Hey,

Well it's day 6 and I still have the fuzzy brain and can't focus right, extremely tired too!
Ive been reading up on the hot sweats and they've done a report on it and basically think its to do with the fat burning, raising the temperature which makes perfect sense?

Another thing I'm suffering with is aching muscles in my thighs. Well I'm half way through the day nearly, today it's eggs for lunch. I'm still craving carbs though, definitely got withdrawal!

How did you get on with your fuzzy head at work? How has today been for you? Xx

Ah yes, it must be, I'm not feeling much different today though! I thought your were supposed to feel revitalised and full of energy! I'm just tired, grumpy, and dreading my lunch lol the shakes are making me gag, I just can't get rid of the lumps!!!

The scales say 1 lb heavier today, but they also tell me I'm losing muscle, not fat! My muscle mass has gone down and my fat percentage has gone up..... So I've emailed slim and save to ask their advice as its obvious you still need to do some excersize to burn the fat and keep muscle. I've booked onto a bums and tums class to see if that makes any difference and may start running/ swimming again, see what they say about that first.

Arent you at the start of your second week? What's your loss been? How has this diet made you feel?

Hope you have a good day! Xx

how are you making you're shakes up? iv always ever used a food mixer on powder shakes, however iv got a hand protein container, thats got a kind of sieve in the top so i just pour it all in together and give it a really good shake, and i dont really get too many lumps, it might be worth trying to mix for a bit longer, this diets hard enough without the shakes making you gag.

last week on friday when i weighed in i had a 9lb weight loss, the scales havent moved since then though, to be honest i dont feel too bad, i have a bit of a headache when i wake up most days, thats quite annoying, but aside from that all the other side effects have gone and im really not hungry at all. i just thought, given the size of me and my starting weight the scales would be moving at least every other day but iv been 15st 1lb since friday, im sure it will move when its ready to though, as iv been on nights so might be holding a bit of water or something.

how you getting on today? i've been up since 3pm and havent had a shake yet, naughty i know as i dont really have long to get one but cant face it yet
xxx

Hey,

Well it's day 6 and I still have the fuzzy brain and can't focus right, extremely tired too!
Ive been reading up on the hot sweats and they've done a report on it and basically think its to do with the fat burning, raising the temperature which makes perfect sense?

Another thing I'm suffering with is aching muscles in my thighs. Well I'm half way through the day nearly, today it's eggs for lunch. I'm still craving carbs though, definitely got withdrawal!

How did you get on with your fuzzy head at work? How has today been for you? Xx

Yeah that would make sense. I'm feeling a bit shivery now, but no doubt I'll be hot again tonight. Hows your day been?
Work was ok, I just upped my water and tried to keep my head down. Hope you feel better tomorrow! xx

how are you making you're shakes up? iv always ever used a food mixer on powder shakes, however iv got a hand protein container, thats got a kind of sieve in the top so i just pour it all in together and give it a really good shake, and i dont really get too many lumps, it might be worth trying to mix for a bit longer, this diets hard enough without the shakes making you gag.

last week on friday when i weighed in i had a 9lb weight loss, the scales havent moved since then though, to be honest i dont feel too bad, i have a bit of a headache when i wake up most days, thats quite annoying, but aside from that all the other side effects have gone and im really not hungry at all. i just thought, given the size of me and my starting weight the scales would be moving at least every other day but iv been 15st 1lb since friday, im sure it will move when its ready to though, as iv been on nights so might be holding a bit of water or something.

how you getting on today? i've been up since 3pm and havent had a shake yet, naughty i know as i dont really have long to get one but cant face it yet
xxx

Hey Hun,

Today I made the shake with a hand blender and I has no lumps whoop whoop! I've also got a shaker so, fingers crossed, no more lumps.

How are you getting on, have the scales budged for you yet? Remember that your weight will plateau for a couple of days and that is normal, your body catching up with itself. It's always good to mix things up a bit, if it doesn't shift in the next day or so, change your excersise.

Ive had a 7lb loss, let's hope for similar next week! Feel soooo much better the last couple of days

Back