Slimmer of the week basket.

ming2007

What do you put in yours? This week in ours we had a variety of fruit plus some hot chocolate sachets, diet coke and a packet of oatibix.

Glad I read this thread. I'm sat in group at the mo and Forgot to put in the basket and forgot to bring anything but I had a sachet of mint options in my bag so put that in. Haha.

fruit/tins of things/hot choc/rice/pasta, put a lovely hand cream in once lol

I put a dozen eggs in or half a dozen if my girls aren't laying ;)

I think all seem to not like the new SW only SF fruit and veg in the basket!! Since this rule came in the basket is 1/4 in size to what it was before!!
Plus when I was loosing and won several times this was not the case and you got a variety which was good ( I would have never tried a mug shot if I hadn't had one in the basket and are now a lovely gap filler!)
Our C used the content of the basket and if there was a variety she would go through some items asking if they were free or how many Syns and few found they thought something was free and it was not etc so a good learning curve
But our basket now has lost it's zing it's a pity !!

i like to put things in that .are not food all the time .have even put a lotteria.ticket in .but i wish others would put things in as well .

Our consultant hasn't been running this group too long so it's taken her a few weeks to get it up to a decent standard! But it's getting soo much better. This week there were various fruits including a Pineapple, Mango and the usual fruit bowl stuff. Mug Shots, Snack Pots, Baked Beans, Hifi Bars, tin of chickpeas, tub of low low cheese, bunch of herbs etc!

Ive put in allsorts ..... Non stick chip trays, measuring spoons, fruit, veg, a jar of syn Free chutney and the recipe homemade curry sauces and recipes, store cupboard Staples, freddo bars (if it has syns i always write on how many) or if its a hextra i write quantity you can have .... Sometimes the tub Is full sometimes its empty :( but i always take something i think about what im gonna take days before lol

Oooh some good ideas there Cat :D x

its a shame .for the one who has got slimmer of the week .if their dosent seem a lot in the box .and it seems to be the same ones every week who put things in .so lets see what we can do next week .

Is it a rule then that it has to be just fruit/veg? Here in Cyprus it seems to be all sorts which is nice. The eggs are a great idea. And the options sachets.

i didnt think there were rules and if there are i dont stick to them when thinking what to put in i say to myself (will it help on the diet will it be good on the diet or will it make a nice low syn treat) if it ticks at least one of those i take it for the basket

Ours is supposed to be syn free i think, our C didnt say exactly what to put in, just it was for SOTW and everyone should put something in.

Ours is fruit only, some folk have tried to put shower gels and hand creams but they have been taken out, I have been SOTW I have not been able to use a lot of the fruit as it was already on its last legs and couple of days in my fruit bowl meant it wasn't fit to eat- tbh I would rather have the mugshots and tinned stuff oh and hand cream etc.

I asked once about giving fresh eggs as we have chickens, I was told no..it has to be fruit really, quite disappointing to win the bag, not the slimmer of the week, that is fab but to receive fruit that looks a bit sad and bruised isn't nice! I thought eggs would be gratefully received! Especially as they are free!

i have won ours a couple of times andboth times had to chuck half away as it went mouldy within a couple of days before i could eat it, was vey dissapointing. i have on occasion put an alpen light bar in and nothings been said but not sure if im allowed to or not.

Ours is fruit only, some folk have tried to put shower gels and hand creams but they have been taken out, I have been SOTW I have not been able to use a lot of the fruit as it was already on its last legs and couple of days in my fruit bowl meant it wasn't fit to eat- tbh I would rather have the mugshots and tinned stuff oh and hand cream etc.

I think it would be perhaps better to put in stuff which is non perishable, but syn free. Perhaps because fruit is so expensive some people may think I'm not putting in my best stuff as this is for lunches etc this week. No I wouldnt think that way, but others might. Non perishable would be better, but thats just my opinion

Back