Slimmer of the week question

emma_30

Can you be awarded slimmer of the week if you get weighed in a group that isn't your own? Or do you only qualify of you're at your home group?

Not that I'm expecting to ever get SOTW, I didn't the last time I followed SW. I'm just curious.

I'm not entirely sure but there was a lady in my group a few weeks ago that weighed-in at another group on a week when she was away. She lost 4lbs and the consultant there said that she would have been SOTW but another lady at that group lost 7lbs as she had her baby a few days beforehand so she got SOTW instead. Suggests that you can still be SOTW when at another group. Whether the decision was fair or not is a whole other can of worms ;)

Ah, Ok. Yeah It does sound like you can then. I've never weighed at another group but I've always been curious.

How is SOTW decided?

It can't be the person who loses the most, as that doesn't always happen at my group.

It is the discretion of the Consultant? Who she thinks deserves it? Or is it selected by the computer?

At our group it's the person whose lost the most weight but they have to have had a loss the previous week. Therefore, if you maintained or gained the week before, you can't get it. Our consultant records everything on an iPad and that tells her who SOTW is once everyone's weighed in.

Oh.. I didn't realise that you had to have had a loss the previous week.. i just thought it was whoever had lost the most that week! lol

If you select the smileys icon there is a slimming world awards tab. most of them are on there and you can just select whichever ones you want like you would a smiley :)

Back