Slimmer off the week

Natccox

What are the rules for slimmer of the week as I lost 2 1/2 yesturday but the week before I put on a 1 lb but yesterday I didn't win slimmer of the week another girl did who only lost 2lb :-(

You have to have lost the previous week also to win Slimmer of the Week.

At our group you have to have lost or maintained the week before. As long as you didn't gain in the previous week, and have lost the most that current week, you are eligible for Slimmer of the Week.

However, I wouldn't worry too much about getting Slimmer of the Week. Yes, it's a nice achievement and another shiny sticker to add to your book - but all that really matters is that you still lost, so well done!!

Yes at our group it's the same, either a loss or a maintain the previous week as well as losing the most in the current week gets you SOTW.

Natccox - 2.5lbs is a good loss anyway. Well done you! :happy096:

The way it was explained to me at my original Group was that you had to have lost the previous week, but it wouldn't surprise me if my old Consultant explained it incorrectly, she was pretty useless!

Its all done the PDA now. They take the average weight loss over a 2 week period, and you must have either lost or maintained the week before to qualify. So even if you had lost 1lb the week before, the person who got SOW might still have won, if she had lost 2lb the week before becuase her average lost over a 2 week period would have been more (IYSWIM?).

As Princess Stevie Says, its not important in the long run. Semm plenty of people win SOW a few times and then fall spectacularly off the wagon. Better to be a plodder who keeps going imo :)

Its all done the PDA now. They take the average weight loss over a 2 week period, and you must have either lost or maintained the week before to qualify. So even if you had lost 1lb the week before, the person who got SOW might still have won, if she had lost 2lb the week before becuase her average lost over a 2 week period would have been more (IYSWIM?).
I didn't realise this was the case :confused:

Agree that as nice as it can be to win it its not the be all and end all and hardly a fool proof method of knowing who the slimmer of the week is (even with the newsystem!)
Sometimes its amazing to get any loss or a maintain or even a small gain depending on our individual week :)

As far as I'm aware it's not averaged over 2 weeks-it's slimmer of the week...so it's the person or people that have lost the most weight that week (aslong as they lost or maintained the previous week) xx

Emmamb said:
As far as I'm aware it's not averaged over 2 weeks-it's slimmer of the week...so it's the person or people that have lost the most weight that week (aslong as they lost or maintained the previous week) xx

Maybe your consultant has it set up differently to mine. I do weigh in so I know that my consultant does it as an average. Otherwise, you could win SOW by maintaining for 2 weeks, then losing 6lbs, instead of someone who looses 2lbs a week for 3 weeks. It would not reward steady weight loss.

Maybe your consultant has it set up differently to mine. I do weigh in so I know that my consultant does it as an average. Otherwise, you could win SOW by maintaining for 2 weeks, then losing 6lbs, instead of someone who looses 2lbs a week for 3 weeks. It would not reward steady weight loss.
That isn't slimmer of the week then :confused: or at least not in the traditional sense of the word :confused: imo

*Emsie* said:
That isn't slimmer of the week then :confused: or at least not in the traditional sense of the word :confused: imo

I get ya Hun, I can see why she does it that way, it encourages steady weight loss I guess, though tbh the vast majority of the time @my group the person who has lost the most also is the one who lost the most over a 2 week period.

All I know is that I maintained one week, lost 6.5lbs the week after, and didn't win SOW because someone had a better average weight loss over the 2 weeks, even though that week she'd lost 3lbs.

Back