Slimming Down

Franimal

So! I've lost weight in the past. From 21st 3lb to 14 st 2lbs. So I know I can do it. I know my downfall is emotional eating. Getting this big doesn't just happen.... It's still my biggest battle, but I can't keep making excuses. The weight piled on again due to an illness in part, but I made it worse, I had lost just over 2 at last year, then with bereavements, and other stresses I put much of this back on. Knowing my loose coat was getting snug I'd decided to remind myself that I can't keep making excuses and I needed to plunge myself back in.

Here we are. I weighed in this morning. I must remember to measure myself tonight or in the morning. I've been on plan and fine, except I always forget how hungry I am when I restart eating the SW way. I need extra tips on snacks without repeating myself.

Breakfast
Smoked salmon and scrambled egg on wholemeal bread (HEB + 1 syn)
Snack
Apple and banana
Lunch
Chicken couscous salad
Melon, mango and grapes with yogurt
Dinner
Risotto primavera (HEA)
Melon, mango and grapes with yogurt

I've also measured a healthy extra amount of milk to use throughout the day, which will be 6 syns. Because of my weight I can have 5-25 syns. I might make a ham salad sandwich using another 7 syns (14 total) and maybe a hot chocolate (2 syns) with the leftover milk.

I've been drinking plenty, as my bladder is currently reminding me so it is definitely hunger and not thirst!

What is lovely is I mentioned my restarting to my ex who is going to be super supportive and encouraging. He said he remembers seeing the picture of me when I was slimmer (not even my slimmest! I was about 14st 7-9lb) and said I was skinny. Bless him. It sounds strange saying my ex is going to be supportive, but he got in touch about 6 months ago and has really changed and is being there for our son for the first time and we've developed a really good friendship between the two of us too.... Complicated much? No wonder I eat! 🤣

I had the ham salad sandwich, but not the hot chocolate. I'm counting 14 syns even though I didn't finish the milk.

Last night my son was being an absolute nightmare! His dad has said no sweets and no computer for a week (which is great because I know he's a soft touch and he knows I'm more strict) except I'm the mug having to carry through his punishment. My son is beyond knackered because of fighting sleep every night and it means I get no down time so I'm scratchy. But! I did make overnight oats for us both last night, he wants the same breakfasts as mummy during the week apparently. This meant I had time this morning to whip up a ham pasta salad for lunch. I have to travel from my main office to another one 20 minutes away to pick up some registers. This other one is right by a big Tesco so I can get some shopping in, going to aim for the stuff I need until Saturday and stuff I can't get near me. Normally I get the full week in and can't fit everything in the fridge(!) but as my son is having swimming lessons on a Saturday morning we can do another small shop then. Because of shopping right after work I will be famished so bringing my pasta salad with me to eat in the car before shopping I shouldn't be tempted by wonderous crap that I will binge on. We'll see how it goes!

Pasta salad was good. Glad I ate it before I went food shopping.
I was still hungry when I got home so I had the leftover pasta salad. I had a banana mid morning too. I'm an eating machine! Tea was a veg filled frittata (tomatoes, spinach, red pepper, pink onion, courgette) slimming world chips, 0.5 syns of ketchup and salad. Grapes and a yogurt for pudding. Still hungry so I have had a curly wurly (6 syns), small twirl (9 syns) and an apple. Earlier I had 200ml of aloe vera drink, which was 2 syns.
17.5 syns for the day. I'm allowed up to 25 if I need to I could have some bread synned for a sandwich, or I have leftover frittata.

Ex said my lunch looked good. I laughed at him because he doesn't like pasta, but he said it looks healthy and he likes healthy. Too adorable!

Getting the coil fitted tomorrow, which I'm a bit anxious about, but it should help my stupid cycle, so it'll be worth it. Swimming first thing after dropping my son off at school to get my exercise in. I love to swim, but I let it slide over winter.

Positive things and a positive day

I'm so bad for weighing myself endlessly when I'm on slimming world. 2 days in and I weighed. It very much annoys me, I wish I could just do it once a week. So weak willed 😄 but it was 7lbs down which is super amazing! I'm not counting any losses until Monday, but it's positive.

Breakfast was a bacon sandwich (HEB +1.5 syns) and a banana, apple and satsuma
Then I went for a swim, which was really good.
I had leftover veg frittata mid morning, then off to the Dr to have my coil fitted (joy) then ran a few errands home for a cuppa and a chocolate snack a jack for 3 syns and a few grapes.

Planning on a speedy prawn stir fry for lunch - got to love a day off.

Used 2 syns on hoisin sauce for the stirfry making me up to 6.5 so far for the day. And had a yogurt afterwards.

Tea was mini pasta in tomato sauce with broccoli on the side. It's one of my son's favourite dinners and there's a little left over if (lol) I need it.

I cleverly saved and washed some empty yogurt pots and made up 0.5 syn per pot jellys. They're in the fridge setting now. I'm feeling a little smug right now.

I've been invited out on Friday and Saturday. One to a comedy show at the local theatre and the other is out for drinks. I'll be double checking syns before I go out. Thankfully I have plenty to play with! And on Sunday I'm having roast dinner at my parents. I think they still do roasties in frylight and I checked that homemade Yorkshire puddings are 3 syns per 28g. Knowledge is power! Saturday morning I'll be swimming while my son has his lesson too. Don't think I can go tomorrow as the fitting has caused some bleeding and discomfort.

I'll update on any evening eating. Right now I'm going to have some melon!

I didn't have the leftover pasta, I can have some with lunch if I want or save it for a snack (there's not enough for a meal). I felt crummy last night, though feeling a bit better today. I had a satsuma, mini wispa (8.5 syns) and curly wurly (6 syns) giving me 21 for the day, which is in my 25 limit.

This morning I have HEB bran flakes with yogurt, banana and raspberries and I've packed a satsuma and apple in my bag for work. I should say, if I don't mention a hea it's because I've used it on milk, I'm terrible at finishing it though. Any tips welcome.

I had the satsuma and apple at work, came home and had the leftover pasta, salad and steak and used 0.5 syn on one of my jellies! Mid afternoon I had a yogurt and some grapes.

I'm making salmon with stir-fry and noodles later. I think I might have an ice cream (within syns) afterwards seeing as though I'm only on 0.5 for the day! Also it might make me not want a sweet treat in the evening.

Still got some discomfort from the fitting yesterday so I'm thinking to do some typing work and maybe catch an early night. Because of going out over the weekend there are a few jobs I want to get done tomorrow between finishing work and picking my son up from school and I don't want this typing work hanging over my head.

A bit annoyed that the coil listed weight gain as a possible side effect. It had better bloody not!

Hi Franimal, looks like you are doing great and keeping focused!

I was 22 stone last May, I messed around on my own until January, and I started SW at 20st 6, I am now 17st 8.

Focus and knowing that I can do this is what is getting me through!

Thanks vickster and jukie. Jukie you are doing brilliantly! Well done!

I had salmon and stir-fry for 1.5 syns and an ice cream at 14 syns. So I'm on 16 for today. Just having a cuppa. Still got some pain and not feeling great, which is to be expected. There's enough tea leftover for lunch tomorrow, especially as my darling little boy refused to eat it. I've made overnight oats for tomorrow morning's breakfast with cherries and almond essence... Nom nom. Might add banana in the morning. That's my HEB used, he's will likely go on milk - tea tea tea.

Going out tomorrow night and I need to double check my syns for gin or vodka and the syns for Morrisons eat smart sausages (dinner is sausages, mash and veg).

Night all!

So I had the overnight oats with cherries (HEB) for breakfast, apple and satsuma midmorning, leftover salmon, veg and noodles (2 syns), jelly (0.5 syns), banana and yogurt. Soooo hungry today. I couldn't focus at work because my tummy was rumbling. Grr.

The sausages are 1 syn each, I'll probably have 2. Gin and slimline tonic is 4 syns so I could have 4 and stay in my syns, but I probably won't have that many otherwise I'll be falling over walking home! 😂 Im a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol as I so infrequently drink. Oh and by walking home I mean to my parents' place, but my son and I each get our own rooms... Bliss and so great if I want to go out. It works both ways though, I often have their dog for days or weeks.

Planning for the morning, I'll bring cereal for my boy as I don't think my parents have any and I'll bring a yogurt and fruit for me, their fruit is usually either unripe or liquid and we have swimming lesson at 9am so something quick to grab is ideal, then I think I'll cook extra mash and veg to make bubble and squeak for lunch with more sausages 😁 and veg curry for tea, then back out for more drinks! And a HEB to play with!

And yes... You so know I checked the scales again this morning! I won't be able to look over the weekend though, so the next time I look will be my true weigh in... Annoyingly right after two evenings out and a Sunday dinner at my parents'! Anyway, it showed 8lbs down, if it's still that on Monday I will be elated!

Wow you're doing so well - gold star indeed :classic_smile: you're losing so well and impressively controlled - you earned your night out - if you like cheese you could use up your spare HEA, rice pud if you like it, a milky hot drink or adjust the water content & add to SF jelly?

You're doing great with speed & so controlled too. Hopefully coil won't affect your weight weight - my GP once told me that manufacturers of meds etc have to list any side effect that's occurred during the related medical trial - even if only person has been affected - hope that's case.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks upndown. I am pissed on my 4 drinks, but one friend accidentally got regular tonic. It's only 2.5 syns I believe so is ok. 4x4= 16 16+2.5+5.5= 24! Still within my 25 allowance 😁

Comedy at the theatre was great. I warned my friends I'd get picked on and I did... Their fault - they were asking me what a glory hole was.... 😂😂😂

Tomorrow night has changed from drinks to a takeaway and drinks at a friend's house and now I'm not sure what to do.... I'm not great with unexpected changes....

Ex and I were bickering earlier too 😒😔 not about our son thankfully just.... I dunno.... He said I confused him and talking to me was like talking to two different people. Sometimes we seem to get on great and then other times I'm just left baffled and I can't see what happened to lead to the confusion or whatever it is.

But! That doesn't matter. Today is done under syns (just) and I need my bed as I'm swimming at 9am while son has his lesson! Niiiight!

Glad you enjoyed your night out - you did well with your syns - hope you'll find a solution to your takeaway - some are pretty good - there's lots of choice on SW site.

A nuisance about your ex! Enjoy your swim and enjoy your day!

Thanks upndown, I might see how much milk I actually use and measure that out and syn it each day and use my hea on cheese. Looove cheese.

After a late night and a hideously early wake up call of 5:30am I really don't want to stay out tonight so I've said I'm unable to go.

Breakfast was a banana, satsuma, apple and yogurt
Then swimming and I've set up my membership again, turned out they didn't update things so I could have been having free swims since December! Shucks!
Lunch was immense, which is good because I was starving!
I used leftover mash and sprouts (chopped up) and spring onions "fried" in little patties, 2 leftover sausages (2 syns), one "fried" egg, tomato and mushrooms and 1 syn of brown sauce.

Thanks Suzy, I never make stir fry because my son plays up, but **** it, he can eat it or not. My first proper weigh in isn't until Monday so we shall see!

Got my a and b healthy extras to use later and I have 22 syns left and planning on a veggie curry and rice for tea tonight... Mmm.

I made lime and coriander rice for with the curry (onion, garlic, peppers, aubergine, spinach, green beans, peas, curry powder, tomato puree, stock, 0% Greek yogurt). It was really good.

Son's been a pain in the butt. I'm exhausted and in the most crappy of moods. Humph. Looking forward for my bed! Not even in the mood for healthy extras or syns... Although I am still hungry....

I didn't eat anything after I posted. I went to bed at 8:30pm and was asleep by 9pm. Woke up at 7am feeling a lot better for catching up on missed sleep.

I did forget to get bacon out of the freezer for this morning though. Instead of a cooked breakfast I just had a yogurt, banana, apple and satsuma. Measured milk out for my hea and made my son some jelly because he wanted the premade pots yesterday, but I knew I had some cubes in the cupboard and some empty yogurt pots. Much cheaper and it's what I do my sugar free jelly (8 servings for £1 Vs 1 for 70p or 5 for £3 on offer).

Going to mum and dad's for Sunday dinner. Mum confirmed they do use frylight still for their roast potatoes. I don't use gravy anyway and I'll weigh my Yorkshire 😂

I did a bunch of cleaning yesterday, I even moved the fridge freezer and cleaned behind and under it. Going to call mum to see when she wants us and then plan a few jobs to do before I go. I've got the blocks for a quilt ready so I need to map them out. Currently trying to decide whether to measure myself and make a skirt to my current size or make one a bit smaller - I like sewing and have a number of dresses and skirts and a top I've made. I bought the most amazing fabric at a quilt show I went to a few weeks back for an a line skirt. I've totally forgotten to measure myself at the start of the week too! Doi!

Back