Slimming for my wedding :-)

lavinia

So I've been a member of this forum for a few years but never really posted. I mostly lurked and read!

Diet history

• I followed weight watchers around 4/5 years ago and lost 3.5 stone. Didn't get to goal, I got to around 12 stone. Was happy, so gave up!
  • 2 years ago followed weight watchers again after I had put all my previously lost 3.5 stone back on and got to 10 stone, having lost 5.5 stone!
  • Just recently I have been trying to eat healthy/ calorie count and have stayed the same!

I am getting married to the love of my life in November on our 10 year anniversary. I fell in love with a dress. My dad was about to buy the full price gown when the lady in the shop said she was selling the sample dress for half price! We bought it.

Unfortunately it is around 2 sizes too small!!

Ive decided to try something that will give me fast weight loss. I have 8 and a half months til my wedding and I don't want to be full on dieting and stressing right up until the big day.

My plan

• To diet on slim and save for around 4 months
  • To then move on to another diet that allows more freedom but slowly re-introduce carbs ect
  • To start exercising more and tone up (I used to love the gym and running)
  • To always watch what I eat and weigh regularly to stop the weight creep ups that secretly happen when you are not paying attention!

I am currently on day 2! Not too bad so far. I will attempt to update this and comment on others diaries more. I do however seem to live at work so don't always have lots of time but I do read even if I don't post often.

Today I have had-
Sweet porridge, I really didn't like this!!

im at work but am going to have spaghetti bolognese with some veg for lunch before work and Vegetable soup at work and a shake either at work if I get time or before bed when I get home.

thanks for reading :)

Glad I found your diary, I can follow your progress!

How're you going hun?
Day three nearly over, the hunger should start to slow down soon :)
Have you managed to stay away from the scales? Or have you been naughty like me, and weighed every day!! ;)
:bighug:

Ps. I see we don't live that far apart!

Hi Nat :) Thanks for posting. Well I have survived day 2. I really loved spaghetti bolognase and the vegetable soup was ok, would be better without the veg chunks. I had the crispy choc shake when I got home from work and loved it!

I was very very hungry. Hopefully the hunger won't stay around too long.

I must admit I have weighed this morning and the scales said I was down 5 lbs. will have to wait and see how it continues.

:)

Hi Nat :) Thanks for posting. Well I have survived day 2. I really loved spaghetti bolognase and the vegetable soup was ok, would be better without the veg chunks. I had the crispy choc shake when I got home from work and loved it!

I was very very hungry. Hopefully the hunger won't stay around too long.

I must admit I have weighed this morning and the scales said I was down 5 lbs. will have to wait and see how it continues.

:)

Good Morning!

WELL DONE! 5lbs is absolutely BRILLIANT - in 2 days!! :D What a great start, and a great motivator!

I love the spag bol, I liked the veg soup which is usual as I normally hate veg soup!, and YUM to the Crispy Choc Shake!
The only thing I've tried which I don't like is the Cafe Latte shake - I'm not a lover of anything that tastes of coffee, so thank goodness I only had to endure one of them! ;)

I lost 3lbs in first two days, then 2lbs on day 3, 1lb on day four, nothing on day 5, 2lbs on day 6, and a further 3lbs after day 7!
So, you should have a really good loss this first week - most people do! :)

Have a lovely day! xxx

Hi Lavinia - congratulations on your engagement!

Nothing wrong with a WI every day - I have do that and don't see any problem with it at all!

You are nearly through the particulary hard bit - hope today is going well for you.

I was interested to read that you are getting married in November on your tenth anniversary as it is my tenth wedding annivsersary in November (29th). This is also my ultimate goal date!

Good Morning!

WELL DONE! 5lbs is absolutely BRILLIANT - in 2 days!! :D What a great start, and a great motivator!

I love the spag bol, I liked the veg soup which is usual as I normally hate veg soup!, and YUM to the Crispy Choc Shake!
The only thing I've tried which I don't like is the Cafe Latte shake - I'm not a lover of anything that tastes of coffee, so thank goodness I only had to endure one of them! ;)

I lost 3lbs in first two days, then 2lbs on day 3, 1lb on day four, nothing on day 5, 2lbs on day 6, and a further 3lbs after day 7!
So, you should have a really good loss this first week - most people do! :)

Have a lovely day! xxx

Thank you Nat :)
Day three almost over food wise and I feel good. Still hungry but not as much as I would have imagined.

I had a banana shake this morning at work, had curry noodle soup for lunch, a lemon yoghurt bar about an hour ago and going to have chilli and veg for tea.

Banana shake was nice, the curry noodle soup was good (I was surprised!) and the lemon bar was ok. Not my fave but was ok.

Hope your day has been good :)

Hi Lavinia - congratulations on your engagement!

Nothing wrong with a WI every day - I have do that and don't see any problem with it at all!

You are nearly through the particulary hard bit - hope today is going well for you.

I was interested to read that you are getting married in November on your tenth anniversary as it is my tenth wedding annivsersary in November (29th). This is also my ultimate goal date!

Aww congratulations on your upcoming tenth wedding anniversary :)

Today has gone well so far. Still hungry but no where near as bad as I had thought it would be.

Got loads of stuff to organise for the wedding, but so excited to finally be getting married :)

Thank you Nat :)
Day three almost over food wise and I feel good. Still hungry but not as much as I would have imagined.

I had a banana shake this morning at work, had curry noodle soup for lunch, a lemon yoghurt bar about an hour ago and going to have chilli and veg for tea.

Banana shake was nice, the curry noodle soup was good (I was surprised!) and the lemon bar was ok. Not my fave but was ok.

Hope your day has been good :)

You're welcome lovely :)

In the next couple of days, you should notice a remarked decrease in hunger. By day 5, I forgot to eat, and had to stuff everything down between 2-7pm!!

Curry noodle is nice isn't it? Surprised me too!

Yes, had a lovely day thanks, hope you have too?

xxx

You're welcome lovely :)

In the next couple of days, you should notice a remarked decrease in hunger. By day 5, I forgot to eat, and had to stuff everything down between 2-7pm!!

Curry noodle is nice isn't it? Surprised me too!

Yes, had a lovely day thanks, hope you have too?

xxx

Ive been at work so not that good really!! But makes it easier to stick to plan when I am busy half the day! I'm looking forward to the hunger subsiding. I woke up at 6am for work this morning and was starving! I've been filling up on water all day!

Will have to see what day 4 brings tomorrow :)

Ive been at work so not that good really!! But makes it easier to stick to plan when I am busy half the day! I'm looking forward to the hunger subsiding. I woke up at 6am for work this morning and was starving! I've been filling up on water all day!

Will have to see what day 4 brings tomorrow :)

Yes, when I'm really busy I don't think about food at all!
Am sure tomo or the day after, you will be feeling much better. If I were hungry all the time I doubt I'd be able to stick to this!
xxx

Yes, when I'm really busy I don't think about food at all!
Am sure tomo or the day after, you will be feeling much better. If I were hungry all the time I doubt I'd be able to stick to this!
xxx
Phew! That makes me feel better :) Just boiling my veg to go with my chilli :)

Phew! That makes me feel better :) Just boiling my veg to go with my chilli :)

Am pleased :)
If it were tough, no one would be able to stand it, but once you go in to Ketosis, the hunger really does subside A LOT!
I've just found something interesting out - apparently in the first week, NO caffeine should be taken as it can stop some people going in to ketosis!
I had no idea until S&S sent me a link to their brochure! Do you have one? I didn't get one with either of my orders.
I think they should send them out as standard, would save them a heap of time - I wouldn't have had to email them so much had I had the brochure!
The link to it is on my page - contains a lot of usefull info :)
Hope you enjoy, I personally love chilli!! :)
xxx

Am pleased :)
If it were tough, no one would be able to stand it, but once you go in to Ketosis, the hunger really does subside A LOT!
I've just found something interesting out - apparently in the first week, NO caffeine should be taken as it can stop some people going in to ketosis!
I had no idea until S&S sent me a link to their brochure! Do you have one? I didn't get one with either of my orders.
I think they should send them out as standard, would save them a heap of time - I wouldn't have had to email them so much had I had the brochure!
The link to it is on my page - contains a lot of usefull info :)
Hope you enjoy, I personally love chilli!! :)
xxx

I had already read the brochure which I read from your page. And I also didn't know about the caffeine. I have had a few cups of tea and some dr pepper zero since starting so hopefully it's not affected me. Although don't think I could do with out them in these early stages. They are a life line.

I really liked the chilli. The food is so good, a million times better than I ever imagined. I am really pleased at how well i am doing. Not cheated at all and whilst I am hungry at times, I thought I would be starving all the time, which I am not.

Off to watch a film on the sofa with the OH. Have a good night and hope tomorrow goes well for you. Xx

Last edited:
Luckily, I only drink decaf, so it doesn't affect me, but it might others! They really should send this brochure out as standard I think, especially as we've never done a VLCD before and therefore have little clue at the start!

I totally agree, I never thought such a low cal diet could be so tasty! Makes it so much easier!

You are doing BRILLIANTLY! I also find that keeping up to date on here keeps me focused.

Have a lovely evening!

Can't wait to hear of your losses!!

xxx

Morning everyone. Weighed myself this morning again! My scales say 7.5lbs down. Eek. Today it day 4. Started it with a crispy vanilla shake. I don't like vanilla things so its ok, but I won't order more on my month supply.

Ive woke up feeling hungry and a little shaky but not too bad considering.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Oh WOW! You go girl! That's brilliant, in just 3 days!!!

That's what I was like on day two, horrible feeling and really panicked so I contacted S&S who reassured me that it was probably lack of carbs/going in to Ketosis.
It only lasted for around 3 hours, so it shouldn't last long. At least you know what the reason for it is!

Hope you have a lovely day too!

Whoop on the weight loss! :)

xxx

Thanks Nat :) Just had spicy spaghetti with veg before work and enjoyed it a lot :)

although just added up the remaining food packs I have to organise when I have having them all and realised they only sent me 27 food packs not 28. It's not a huge big deal as I can just have a veg and protein meal. But I've dropped them a quick email about it. That will teach me to add everything up and check deliveries when they arrive.

Well best get ready for work. Taking chicken soup and strawberry shake.

They'll send you another I'm sure. I check everything, I'm used to things being wrong - not from S&S, just in general!

Love the spicy spag too - makes the diet so much easier doesn't it, having really nice meals!

xxx

Back