Slimming for my wedding!

Ratherbeamermaid

So, I've decided that I'm going to start posting a food diary on here because over the past few months I've become a little bit lax with counting syns and I've not felt 100% motivated. I'm hoping that this will kick start my good weight losses again and get me to target.

I started my SW journey at 15 stone, at the end of August 2015. So far, I've lost 4 st 1lbs and I'm only 6 pounds away from getting into the healthy BMI category for the first time in my life. Overall, since being a teenager, who weighed 19 st at 15 years old, I've lost over 8 stone. I'm getting married in 2018 and I refused to be a fat bride with bingo wings and back fat!! I've been going to 2-3 exercise classes a week (trampolining, boxercise) and occasionally swimming/gym. I'm so determined to get down to a healthy weight but I really need to get my head in the game properly!!

Fingers crossed this helps!! I'm hoping to book a holiday soon & would like to be at my target weight by July at least.

hi , wow congrats on your weight loss I have done ww most of my life I have now switched to sw , I have lost only 9.5lb so far well wi is later so that number could change tonight and not for the better lol , I to am getting married next month so am trying to lose a bit but I know i will be back to square 1 plus some more when I come back from honeymoon xx

Last edited:
Thank you! I do find SW a really good plan to follow - I've never done WW but I know people who have been successful with that as well. Good luck for your WI. Mine is on a Wednesday night - I'm hoping for a bit of a miracle because extra syns have crept in this week & usually I am stricter. Aww, your wedding is so close!! Are you super excited? I wouldn't want to restrict myself on honeymoon either though - just enjoy it and get back on track when you're back xx

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEXb), 600 ml Alpro Coconut Milk (HEXa), Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Passion fruit & banana.

Lunch: 2 slices of roast beef, 1 whole courgette, 1 tin of cherry tomatoes, garlic, onions.

Dinner: Nacho style feast (less than 5% mince, potatoes, chilli, garlic, onion, spices, tomatoes, 6 syns worth of mozzarella)

Snacks: 4 Seafood sticks, Muller Light Peanut & Caramel Yoghurt, Apple.

Syn total: 6 syns

Exercise: 45 minute gym session (cardio based)

Here to follow :) You have lost so much weight, well done! I have four stone to lose so you are a real inspiration, you will be at your target in no time! x

I might join you for a few speed days later on in the week! Thanks so much NotsolittleEm :) I'm trying not to put so much pressure on myself at the minute but I'm hoping to keep on track & get there this by summer hopefully!

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: Tesco's Finest Super Berry Mueseli (35g HEXb), Muller Banana & Custard Yoghurt, Blackberries, Strawberries, Passion fruit, Raspberries & a Banana.

Lunch: Nacho feast mince mix leftovers with iceburg lettuce wraps.

Dinner: Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom & Leek risotto (from the Free food Feasts recipe book) sprinkled with HeXa Parmesan allowance. Delish & the plan is to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Snacks: Apple, Cappuchino Light with Dark Choc sprinkle yoghurt (free)

Syns: 2 * Hifi Bar (Rocky Road) 6 syns

The plan is to try and up my vegetable speed foods tomorrow and increase my water intake. Also, the plan is to replace some syn/free food snacks with speedy fruits/veg.

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: 2 * Warburton Wholemeal 400g slices (HEXb), with banana, raspberries, blackberries & strawberries.

Lunch: Chicken, Bacon & Leek Risotto leftovers from last night.

Dinner: Home-made meatballs with chunky speed sauce (courgette, Spring onion, red onion, chilli, garlic, chopped tomatoes) with pappardelle pasta. Parmesan 30g (HEXa) sprinkled on the top. Yummy!

Snacks: Banana & Custard Muller light, Carrot Batons with Tesco Healthy Living Fat free cottage cheese (onion & Chive) and an apple.

Syns: Choc Shot 1 tbsp (2 syns) - spread onto my toast. Jam Roly Poly Hifi (3 syns). Total: 5

Well done on your weight loss. I've told my OH I won't marry him until I fit in a size 14 minimum. As I can't tell how long that will take we haven't planned a date.
I had a reading done at a spiritualist before I even met my OH who said I'd be engaged for 15 years lol, only 11 more to go :) hopefully its because I'm punishing him for being a pain in the arse rather than it taking me that long to loose the weight ;-)

Thanks Jhsax - it's a great feeling to motivate you into action. My fiancé thought I was beautiful before & they are with you for a reason but I know what you mean - it would be nice to feel absolutely amazing on your big day. I think anything that you put your mind to is achievable - if I can do 4 stone in around 7 months then I think anything is possible and your size 14 dress is well within reach. I've always struggled with my weight and I think I will always be battling against my unhealthy mindset but SW is definitely helping me win this fight. Being consistent is key and remembering why you're doing it in the first place! I think as soon as you book that wedding it'll be all guns blazing! Hahaha :') I don't doubt that would be the only reason! Good luck on your journey x

I'm aiming for fitting into the rides with my kids at Disney World this summer, then I'll worry about weddings. We are going to start saving for it after the holiday though.

Breakfast: HEXb 40g Harvest Morn Bran flakes,
HEXa 600ml Coconut Milk, Blackberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Passion fruit, Banana.

Lunch: Subway Salad (1.5 syn Sweet Onion Sauce)

Tea: Baked Cod, Courgette, Red & White Onion, Peppers, Tomatoes, Peppers, Potatoes.

Snacks: Plum, Grapes, Muller Light Skinny Latte.

Syns: 6 syns Popcorn, 2 syns aldi light mint hot chocolate sachet, Cheddar Babybel (3.5 syns). Total: 13 syns.

Quite a high syn day, hopefully will be lower tomorrow. Need to do some body magic tomorrow as well - maybe a nice long walk or gym session will do the trick! Just invested in a Fitbit so time to start upping my game...

I didn't get chance to post yesterday as I was so busy - out clothes shopping & then out at the night for a hen party. I had baked oats (1 syn) for breakfast, for lunch I ate at the harvester and had steak & jacket potato (2 syns for oil allowance). For tea, I had Chicken & Lerk Risotto. At the hen party, I stayed away from alcohol but succumbed to 2 marshmallows, 2 mikado sticks, a mini donut & a teeny piece of garlic bread. I'd say roughly 20 syns to be on the safe side but I've been under quite few days so should be fine.

Today: HAPPY EASTER!
Breakfast: Blsckberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Banana, Muller Yog.
Lunch: 4 homemade meatballs, 2 babybels (HEXa)
Dinner: Sunday Roast (Lamb, Carrots, Sprouts, Brocolli, Cauliflower, Mash, Roasts, Yorkshire pud) around 5 syns.
Snacks: Hifi Bar x 2 (HEXb), 5 seafood sticks, Apple.
Syns: Weightwatchers oaty biscuits (4 1/2)
Total: 9 1/2

Breakfast: Baked Oats with Choc shot and 100g Cooked strawberries (2 syns). 600ml Alpro Coconut Milk HEXa & HEXb. Options hot chocolate (2 syns)
Banana

Lunch: Subway Salad (1.5 Sweet Onion dressing)
Half a Raspberry & Cheesecake Cookie (5 syns)

Dinner: Lamb Rogan Josh & Basmati Rice

Snacks: Piece of fudge (2 syns), Nugget (2 syns)
Syn total: 14.5 syns

Breakfast: Muller Light (Peanut Butter) & a Banana
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup
Tea: Home-made Chilli Beef Bake with HEXa 50g Mozzarella

Snacks: Strawberries, Raspberries, Plums, Wafer Thin Ham, 2 x Hi fi Light (HEXb)

Syns: 4 Mikado (2) 3 x Lindor Balls (12), 10g Mini Marshmallows (1.5) - 15.5 syns (slightly over which isn't great)

Had to weigh in early because I'm going away and I've lost 3 1/2 pounds. Yay!

Well, I got back yesterday from a short trip away and I have flexi synned for the few days. However, I did try and make good food choices but treats did inevitably slip in. However, I'm hoping that the 26 miles I walked - tracked by my new Fitbit - have counteracted some of the unhealthy cake/ icecream that slipped in.

Today, I have been back on it.

Breakfast: 35g Super Berry Mueseli (HEXb) Raspberry & Cranberry Muller Yoghurt, Raspberries, Blackberries, Banana, Strawberries.

Lunch: Pulled Pork & an apple.

Dinner: Tomato, Red Onion, Mushroom & Cheese (HEXa) Omelette with SW chips and beans.

Snacks: Orange

Syns: 3 Mikado Sticks (1.5), Aldi Mint Hot Choc (2), Mini Marshmallows (2), Piece of Fudge (2). Total: 7.5 syns

My aim is to stay under 5 syns tomorrow if I can!

Back