Slimming For New York!

:oops: Good morning everyone and welcome to my diary!

Background..... My name is Natasha I am 27 years old I am in the Royal Navy and have 2 beautiful little girls age 2 and 4.

I struggled with my weight after my first pregnancy I gained about 5 stone taking me up to almost 16 stones, I managed to lose it all with a mixture of diets and my weight settled at around 10.10, however the last year with the stress of a divorce, moving towns on my own with 2 young children and working full time my weight has crept up to 11.12!

This diary is for me to scribble my food and exercise, my thoughts/rants/struggles and hopefuly make some new friends!

I have a holiday booked to New York on the 2nd June so I WILL be at my goal weight of 9.11 by then!

I cant wait to make 2016 the best year yet <3

Day 1 Monday 4th Jan 2016

Start weight : 11.12

Breakfast : 1 egg scrambled + 1 slice of ham on 50/50 toast

Snack : special K bar

Lunch : chicken and veg cup a soup, 1 apple and handful of grapes with low fat peach yogurt

Dinner : Sliced beef, 2 boiled eggs with mixed leaf salad, peppers, onion, tomato with some grated cheese and low fat mayo

2 litres of water ✔️
Galaxy hot chocolate (my guilty pleasure)

Training

Ahh my workout was rubbish today! So disappointed after not really doing anything over the holidays I was ready to smash it today, but the treadmill I got was rubbish the touch screen wasn't working properly so rather than the 15 mins of interval training I was meant to do I did about 8 mins of hill jogging before I just stopped out of anger!!

Kettle bells:
12 swings with 8kg
12 squats with 8kg
12 deadlift with 8kg
12 double arm row with 2 X 6kg
12 double arm mil press with 2 X 6kg

I'd usually so this x4 but had to leave for school run as I'd spent so much time messing about with bloody treadmill!!!

I will draw a line and start fresh tomorrow I have circuit training tomorrow with an Ex Royal Marine PTI god help me!!!

Day 2 Tuesday 5th Jan 2016

Weight : 11.8

Breakfast : 1 x scrambled egg, 1 x slice of ham on 50/50 toast.
Snacks : Special K bar, Handfull of grapes, pear, Hot chocolcate x2

Lunch : Chicken cup a soup, apple, peach low fat yogurt.

Dinner : Home made curry with boiled rice and asparagus.

2 litres of water

Workout

Well today was much better! We did a tabata circuit, which is short bursts of an exercise for 20 secs all out then 10 secs rest x4

so each exercise below we did 4 times each in bursts of 20 secs with 10 secs rest... defo blew the cobwebs away after Christmas!!!!

Spinning Bike
Abs (russian twist)
Legs (squat jump)

Spinning Bike
Abs (bicycles)
Legs (weighted squat pulse)

Spinning bike
Abs (plank up/downs)
Legs (lunge pulse)

Day 3 Wednesday 6th Jan 2016

Weight : 11.7

Breakfast : 1 x scrambled egg, 1 slice of ham on 50/50 toast.

Snacks : special K bar, Pear, grapes.

Lunch : Beef sandwich on 50/50 bread filled with loads of salad! followed by a galaxy hot choc (fave)

Dinner : Chicken with a basil and parmasian sauce, with a small portion of brown rice and green beans.

2 litres of water.

Training

We did exactly the same tabata circuit as yesterday however it felt so much better today and I definatly put 110% more effort in too, looks like the xmas cobwebs have totally gone!

Last edited:
Day 4 Thursday 7th Jan 2016

Weight 11.6

So it seems ive lost my xmas weight which I am thrilled about! Now to knuckle down to get to my real target! Ive worked out there are 22 weeks until new york, if I lose 1 and a quarter pounds per week I will be at target thats an exciting thought! in the grand scheme of things its an very do-able target per week, I mean I have got the weight to lose and the exercise will only get more difficult as my fitness improves its just the vicious circle of the diet I need to crack.

I have come to realise now that since having my children dieting is the KEY to my weight loss. When I was younger I just used to train a bit harder and it would fall off, its funny how our bodies change after children isnt it? Any way enough rambling.... Hopw you are all having a lovely day so far! Tash xx

Last edited:
Hi Natasha,

Just found and read your diary, I'm so envious of you going to New York! I've been to other parts of the US but always wanted to go to NY! What a great incentive to lose weight!
I'm tired just reading about your workouts, very impressive!:)

Nicky xx

Day 4 Food and Training

Breakfast : frosted shreddies (not great I know but I was running late for work)....theres that 'BUT' again!

Snack : special K bar, Grapes

Lunch : chicken and veg cup a soup, apple, low fat peach yogurt

Afternoon snack : Special K biscuit, Sour cream + black pepper popcorn pack, Hot choc

Dinner : Jacket potatoe, salad, tuna and beans

Evening snack : Pear, grapes

Wow I cant believe how much I ate yesterday!!! All my trainings catching up with me I think and I was starving when I woke up this morning!!!!

Training

Exactly the same as Tues/weds its starting to feel very repetitive now but I get that he is trying to ease us back into training gentle after the xmas break, im excited to ramp up the training next week!

Tash xx

Day 5 Friday 8th Jan 2016

Weight 11.5

Woke up another pound down this morning i'm thrilled! This is the longest time in I dont know how long I have stuck to something 100% and I credit that to this diary and everyone here so thank you all :)

Breakfast : 2 eggs scrambled with grated cheese and 2 big grilled tomatoes

Hi, well done on losing another lb, that's half a stone since Monday:thankyouthankyou:at this rate you'll soon shift the rest. Well done with the training too. Just think how much more amazing NY will be if you're not lugging round that extra couple of stone!

My younger son lives in Prague and his wife is expecting a baby at the end of February, the last time we went over in November I really struggled and I'm hoping that we can go again soon after the baby's born, and I will find it easier this time. Prague is not very knee friendly (cobbles and lots of hills!!) plus they live in a 4th floor apartment with no lift, I felt like I needed resuscitating when I'd got to the top!

Have a good day xx

B]Day 8 Monday 11th Jan 2016[/B]

Weight 11.6

So I weighed in this morning at 11.6 give me a loss last week of 6 Pounds :) More than happy!

The weekend was lovely lots of quality time spent with my little princesses! Had a couple of treats nothing to write home about though however I didnt train all weekend resulting in a small gain ( around half a pound gain) but took me up from 11.5 to 11.6 im sure I will get that back off this week! Excited for the gym today already.

Breakfast : Wheatabix tubes with milk (so yummy!)

Snack : alpen bar

Lunch : Mug shot (creamy cheesy pasta) 2 cracked black pepper ryvita with ham, apple

Training

20 mins interval training.....

1 min 20 sec jog @ level 8km / 40 sec sprint @ level 14km

So its 2 minute cycles and repeat for 20 mins!!

I swear by my interval training its the 1 thing that has got my fitness right back up after both my pregnancies!!!

Kettle bell circuit (all of the below for 4 rounds)

8 x swings 12Kg bell
8 x bent over row 2 x 8Kg Bells
8 x squats 12Kg bell
8 x military press 2 x 8Kg bell
8 x dead lift 12Kg bell

5 x 100 metre rows best time 22secs

Last edited:
Hi Natasha,
Had a lovely weekend thanks, knew it would be tough diet wise as we had planned to go out for a meal on Saturday night with friends, I wasn't too naughty but not as good as I could have been! On Sunday it was my grandson George's 4th birthday party, again I didn't completely ignore the party food but wasn't as greedy as usual, although I did have a piece of cake. So I put a lb back on, but weighed myself yesterday and had lost that having got back on the wagon yesterday, so like you had a 6.5lb loss for the week whuch I'm more than happy with.

Hope this week goes well for you xx

Day 9 Tuesday 12th Jan 16

Weight 11.5

breakfast : weetabix tubes with milk

Lunch : macaroni cheese mug shot, 2 ryvita with ham and a pear

Dinner will be : grilled sausages with roast potatos and veg and gravy

Training

Tabata circuit

20 secs work 10 secs rest on each exercise...

Spinning bike
squat thrust with 8kg medicine ball
shoulder press 6kg dumbell

spinning bike
squat jump
tricep dips on bench

spinning bike
mountain climbers
bicep curls

It was tough today!!!!

Day 15 Monday 18th Jan 2106

Well its been a while since I updated!!

I hope everyone is doing ok?

I had a great week last week lots of training and eating well, I was around 10 pounds down friday when I weighed in, but then the dreaded time of the month came.... And I feel bloated and awful and spotty and pretty much ate my weight in choccy sat and sunday night :(

So I havent weighed in this morning, I will weigh in on friday again!

Breakfast : Weetabix tubes and milk

Lunch : roast chicken mug shot, 1 ryvita with ham and salad on top, apple, peach yogurt

Dinner : home made spag bol with jacket pot and salad :)

Training

30 mins interval training on the treadmill

Kettle bell circuit x 3 rounds

3 x 100 metre row sprints best time 21 secs.

Hi Natasha,

Well done for getting back on track, hope this week is going well so far. I had a blip last weekend too, I had cortisone injections in both knees last Thursday and had so much pain and horrible side effects for a couple of days I just couldn't cope with a full on diet as well, but then found it hard to get back on track for a couple of days. Doing ok so far since Tuesday, total weight loss is 9lb so going in the right direction!

Nicky xx

Back