Slimming world and being a Vegetarian??

Daisysp8

Hi guys,

I`ve lost a stone in the last 7 weeks doing slimming world which is fab, I`ve been following SW for years now, using red days (2 Hex A&B) so eating meat/veggies, and I found it worked well, however I`m really wanting to give up eating meat, but I`m struggling working out how to work it round SW.

I need 2 Hex A&B`s a day, as I have Porridge/weetabix for brekkie and 2 x wholemeal (400g) bread for lunch on the days I`m working, usually with philly light, (I need to take sarnies to work).

I don`t like carbs as a rule, and do still want to eat fish, but it`s looking like it`s not going to work out well? If I wanted fish would I have to use a B choice? ... Unless I did EE, which would let me have both carbs/meat but then I could still only have 1 A and 1 B wouldn`t I?

Ahhhhhh this is so difficult. I know obviously about the soups, and eggs, and baked taties with beans, which are all fab, but things like nut cutlets, and nutty/veggie burgers etc would all have to be synned, is that right??

This is gonna be harder than I thought .... :(

Hi well done on your loss, why don't you still stay with red days an instead of having meat just have fish then that way if you wanted a tuna sandwich you could or fish an veg for dinner, you could make your own veg burgers.If you went to ee then you would only get one a an b there are other things you could have for lunch instead of your sandwich but this often means time an planning that's why I like the old red days.

What about green days? If you know about red days you must have the old books, and the green regime works well for me (I'm veggie). Do you like Quorn? A lot of their products are free or low syn (including burgers). I do eat some of those, but also a lot of lentils and pulses (virtually live on curry!). Good luck!

Thanks all, I had a bit of a blonde moment there didn`t I? "Doh" ... just shows how you can get stuck in your ways lol.

Yes I can do red days for days I want to have fish, and green days for the rest of the time as Stebbsy pointed out, still giving me 2 Hex A & B. Good stuff :)

Sexyshell, Nut cutlets are like Nut roast? I get mine from Aldi and they are gorgeous, I have it with a roast dinner in place of the meat. Don`t know how many syns lol, probably loads, but I only have 1 and it hasn`t affected my losses :)

CntrlC, I don`t like and won`t eat any of the quorn/meat replacement items, I don`t like them at all x

Fair comment on Quorn, etc. Watch the nuts though - a small number are allowed as HexB, but they are syn city so check before you have too many nut cutlets! Do you do eggs? The crustless quiche made with cottage cheese and whatever veg you want is wonderful.

Hi 'CC' ...I do "do" eggs yes, I have my own chucks, so I know where my eggs come from. I love SW quiche, used to make that a lot, thanks for reminding me about it.

RE: the nut cutlets, yes I remember we`re not supposed to have too much nuts as they`re high in oil/fats, but I only have 1 cutlet with my veggies when the family are having a 'roast dinner' (once a week) and it hasn`t affected my losses so far, I`m only 2-3lb off the initial target I set for myself, and it`s a loose target as all my clothes are very "roomy" again now. I started SW mid November as I was up at 11 stone again (well, I was 10st 13lbs, so near enough), and as of yesterday I`m 9st 12lbs, so it`s definitely working so far :)

Heya.

So I'm not on SW long enough to know what Green and Red days entail. But I love doing eesp if I want to have my extra hexb. So I'd have something like omlette for brekkie with onions and spinach, then have a sandwich or beans on toast for lunch dinner would be some meat/veg combination I love noodles made from my spirulizier then have oat cookies for dessert. Or as my evening treat or a hi Fi.

Back