Slimming World and me...

Calisi

Hello, my name is Calisi and this is my first Slimming World diary :)

I've been looking at other peoples diarys for sometime now, getting ideas and learning a bit more about slimming World, syns etc.
I joined a slimming World group a few months ago (so I have the books), but now I'm going alone. I've struggled to keep to plan, only doing a few days on and off. I find it a struggle as I suffer from depression and emotional/binge eating. I love the idea of Slimming World as it's a healthy way of dieting and it gives me the routine of eating that I need. I don't have a huge amount to lose, but I really need to shift the weight that I have gained over the past few years, and get back to feeling good about myself again :)
If you would like to follow me on my journey then that would be wonderful ! I am doing green days as I am vegetarian. If anyone has any advice or comments after reading my diary entries then it would be great to hear from you.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
This evening... starting Slimming World -

Dinner - Two Quorn fillets with Blue Dragon sweet & sour sauce (5.5 syns), purple sprouting broccoli, brown rice

Afters - One Shape Delight chocolate dessert (5.5 syns)

Total syns - 11

Hi :)

Just thought I'd pop in and say and wish you luck on our journey.

I'm doing a mix if days at the mo and getting my head around things OK I think!!

Loads of support on here which is fab!

Do you have a goal of how much you want to lose or a time to lose by? I want to lose 4 st (nearly a st down so far) and have a goal of my snowboarding trip to Canada in Dec to have hopefully got rid if a big chunk by the time I go!

Good luck xx

Thank you so much for the support Sam :)
My goal is to lose 1st.11.9lb (roughly). I would like to get down to 9st, and lose a dress size or two ! I'm keen to get exercising again (I haven't had the energy for a long time), and to tone up. My tummy is a real problem area for me. I would love to lose the weight in time for my 30th Birthday in January, but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself as when I get stressed out I tend to eat more.

You are doing so well ! I like the way you have done your goals in weeks with your losses and smiley faces :)

I have also just had an orange while watching tv, and I will have a peppermint tea before bed (very relaxing and helps with digestion) :)

I keep meaning to try peppermint tea! I'm not great with anything other than real tea but have recently been able to drink green tea with cranberry which is massive for me as I used to think it smelt like pond water! Maybe I'll get some peppermint tomorrow!!

It's good to not stress to much, I've done it before and just ended up feeling rubbish about things and giving up. I would like my losses to be a bit higher weekly but... slow and steady wins the race, so I'm just happy plodding along! xx

Yeah, give it a try ! I've never liked normal tea or coffee, and I only drink water through the day, but I like to have a peppermint tea (or two) in the evening :)
I think slow and steady is the right way (and the healthy way) to go, and you'll keep it off that way too ! :)

What sort of things do you use your syns on ? I have trouble resisting chocolate x x

Today so far...
Breakfast - Two Weetabix (HeB) with one chopped banana and 150ml of almond milk (HeA)
Snack - One apple
Lunch - Three Quorn sausages with brown rice, Blue Dragon sweet & sour sauce (5.5 syns) and broccoli, Shape Delight chcolate dessert (5.5 syns)

After breakfast I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (level 1) :)

What do you think so far ?

Food looks good, much better that me today. Been so busy with work that I only managed to grab an apple and a pathetically small salad all day! got WI at 7pm so will have my dinner after, hungry now!! Doing an EE day to day so I can have SW chips as a treat!!

I've not been too great at using my syns so have started using them in cooking sometimes. Other than that, I'm not really sure what I use them on to be honest (will hae to look at my diary!), cheese recently, sometime chocolate! Not brave enough to use them for crisps as I don't trust myself to not eat too many!! I'm lucky as not a massive sweet tooth so choc I can take or leave but savoury things...different story!!! x

I love Slimming World chips with mushy peas, yummy ! :) Good Luck for WI tonight, let me know how you get on :)

The rest of my day went as follows...

Snack - One orange
Dinner - Jacket potato with baked beans, one 35g tub of Philadelphia light (HeA), cucumber and tomatoe
Afters - Muller Light white chocolate dessert (5 syns)

Total syns - 16

Today so far...

Breakfast - Two Weetabix (HeB) with one chopped banana and 150ml of almond milk (HeA)
Snack - One apple

Exercise - Shred (level 1)

Lunch - Jacket potato with baked beans, one 35g tub of Philadelphia light (HeA), chopped cucumber and tomatoes
Snack - Wholemeal roll (HeB) with half a teaspoon of vitalite spread (0.5 syns), Quorn slices and cucumber, one Morrisons NuMe chewy chocolate fudge cereal bar (3.5 syns), one apple

(Looks like a lot as a snack but I'm stuck at work until 9pm tonight) :(

Hi Calisi, looking good so far!

I love peppermint tea. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I enjoy it.

I've just started back on SW today, had a hectic few months. I'm doing it at home like you :)

Dinner - Noodles with purple sprouting broccoli and Quorn pieces, soy sauce
Afters - Muller Light chocolate dessert (5 syns)

Total syns - 9

Hello Ciara Daisy, and welcome... another peppermint tea fan ! :)

Good Luck for your first week ! Are you weighing yourself weekly ? I'm thinking of weighing myself every two weeks x x

Last edited:
Morning, Just got back from a Body Attack class at the gym. It was REALLY hard ! I must have been the most unfit person in the whole class :(
I tried my best but the instructor made me feel like I wasn't good enough to be there ! :(
It's made me feel a bit rubbish, but I'm going to keep going anyway.

This morning was a rush as I got up late...

Breakfast - Two Weetabix (HeB) with a sprinkle of sweetener and 150ml of almond milk (HeA)
Snack - Slim-Fast chocolate caramel treat (5syns) (wow, really yummy) :)

Keep going and show that instructor. What did they do that made you feel like that? God I hate that, it's one of my pet peeves, you're there trying to get fitter and they make you feel like you shouldn't be there? How are you supposed to improve if you don't go to the class? Grrrr sorry haha.

Yeah I will weigh weekly on a Thursday morning when I get up I think. I'll forget if I leave it two weeks :)

Back