SLIMMING WORLD CHIPS

Mindy

Dreaming of being slim!
i am a total disaster in the kitchen but today thought i would make the slimming world chips for first time ever lol OMGGG they are gorgeous!! made them with 2 fried eggs in fry light and beans lushhhhh and felt like i was really pigging out. defo gonna be top of my faves list. :D

isnt it just the best!

I love having that for dinner! x

chips egg n beans hubba hubba! mmmmmmmmm
I like em done with the egg baked on top in the oven and a few wedges of pepper around them tis lovely hten chuck some beans on when it comes out

That's how I do mine. I have found that they come out best if you preheat the baking tray as well. I put the oven on the highest heat with the tray in, then just after par-boiling the potatoes, take the tray out, spray with frylight, add the chips and bang in the oven. YUM YUM YUM!!

I tried to make slimming world chips last week - but they came out looking all white and not-crispy.

I chopped them up, par-boiled them, let them dry a bit on the windowsill (on a plate, obviously...lol) roughed them up a little bit in the pan, and then put them on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed soem frylight over them.

Is the drying process crucial? Does using baking PARCHMENT, and not foil make a big difference? Should I try it with my oven on highest heat?

Help me, fellow SW peeps!

WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!/

Cut the pototoes into chips and microwave for 8 mins with no water.. put on baking tray spray with frylight and cook till brown in the oven

OMG Emski, you LEGEND!!! That sounds like a much more student-friendly version :-D

I am actually going to go and make some now. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

i did mine tonite with the parchment paper and thought they were better and browner than when i just put them on the tray directly.

I just had Emski's microwaved SW chips with some mushy peas and it was divine.

:)

I highly recommend it. Yum yum yum. (and it was really quick!)

oh im gonna try the microwave way lol anything to save a bit of time. feeling a bit peckish now does anyone know how to do the microwave crisps?

I think they were in the oven for about 10 minutes? I was reading a book and drinking a cup of tea though... so it might have been longer, lol. Just keep checking on them :)

Back