slimming world definition of food abuse/mis-use of food

Does anyone know what slimming world's definition of food abuse/mis-use of food is?

I heard it was using a food for something other than its real purpose, however this is not the case with couscous cake as in northeastern brazil they make a steamed couscous cake and the bbc food website has couscous cake recipes.

I have also heard it when you change the state of food meaning you can eat more of it than normal but then surely this would be the case with the likes of mushy pea curry (which would probably fit the above criteria as well)

Can anyone clear this up for me?

I think someone questioned it that things like the SW pizza the mash could be food abuse because you were making the instant mash with less water to make it

soups are fine so mushy pea currys ect i would think are fine

I think it would be where you make your foods in a way that you get more calories then you would normally such as making instant mash with less water

I think the question you need to ask yourself is "Would I have used this ingredients in this way before SW?" - if the answer if no, I wouldn't have considered it then you can pretty much guarantee it is food abuse.

The cous cous cake is synned because under normal circumstances you would be having your cous cous as part of a main meal along with other free and superfree foods that limit your intake and fill you up. Have it as a snack on it's on then it is easy to overconsume and take in a lot of calories. Compare that to snacking on superfree foods! So SW say you need to syn it to protect your losses.

Back