Slimming world "delicious food optomising days" menu book

Metty Moo

Hi all.

I'm not able to attend meetings as have a new born so am doing the diet on my own, as tried it last year and lost enough weight that I got pregnant! :D

I am trying to remember all the rules and have the documentation, including some menu books.

The question I have really is, do I need to follow the daily food ideas (breakfast, lunch and dinner) exactly?

Only, I am pushed at finding one or even two options I like and can do on the same day, so if I can't do one, either breakfast, lunch or dinner, does that make that daily menu obsolete?

I am sticking to the healthy extra's and also following the super and free food guide and was thinking that if we have those, do we necessarily HAVE to follow the suggestions of what to eat at breakfast, lunch or dinner precisely? Or can we mix and match, from the book and the magazines to subsitute a meal that we would prefer (as long as it is in the green/red catagory)?

I really want to shift some baby weight asap as my first wedding anniversary & daughters Christening is in the next few months and don't want to mess it up as it is taking any will power I have to do this anyway.

I hope i've made sense and someone can be of help.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Metty Moo said:
Hi all.

I'm not able to attend meetings as have a new born so am doing the diet on my own, as tried it last year and lost enough weight that I got pregnant! :D

I am trying to remember all the rules and have the documentation, including some menu books.

The question I have really is, do I need to follow the daily food ideas (breakfast, lunch and dinner) exactly?

Only, I am pushed at finding one or even two options I like and can do on the same day, so if I can't do one, either breakfast, lunch or dinner, does that make that daily menu obsolete?

I am sticking to the healthy extra's and also following the super and free food guide and was thinking that if we have those, do we necessarily HAVE to follow the suggestions of what to eat at breakfast, lunch or dinner precisely? Or can we mix and match, from the book and the magazines to subsitute a meal that we would prefer (as long as it is in the green/red catagory)?

I really want to shift some baby weight asap as my first wedding anniversary & daughters Christening is in the next few months and don't want to mess it up as it is taking any will power I have to do this anyway.

I hope i've made sense and someone can be of help.

Thankyou.

The daily menu is only a guide, to give you food ideas. If you have the books, then have a good read through, work out which plan you want to follow and go for it. There is a brilliant thread at the top of the sw forum, which details all the plans for newbies. I can't link to it as I'm on my phone, but I'm sure someone will come along and do that soon if you still can't find it :)

Hi there :)

I think mixing meals from different menus might not work because allowances on the daily menus could have been calculated over the whole day and not just per meal.

Have you ever been to a meeting or do you have the basic guidebook? If not there is a lot of information on here to help. You don't need to attend meetings but you will need to get to grips with the plans.

You would be better devising your own menus and that would give you the flexibility you want. Aso if you want permanent weightloss the only way is to keep eating the SW way for life and that is pretty tricky if you are restricted to set menus.

And I think once you get to grips with the plans, you will then have the confidence to devise your own meals. Good luck, s w is the way forward

Back