Slimming World Extra Easy Food Diary - ups and downs!

Zann

So I thought I would start a food diary... again. I have often tried this, with varying degrees of success... normally on the side of failure. My biggest problem is actually keeping them going. I tend to be ok for about a week, then get bored and give up. So thought I would give it a go online, to see if I can't keep going maybe a bit longer.

I've been on Slimming World for about four months now, with the occasional dip. I don't go to any meetings, but get the magazines, chat to people online, and generally try and stick to a healthier eating lifestyle more than a real diet. Having said that, I've lost nearly 2 stone since I started, and my fiance's lost 1 stone. Pretty good :)

I'm now trying to lose a further three pounds ready for the summer season - and camping in June! Never been camping before, so it's all an experience...

So here’s the start of my (hopefully long term) food diary. I’ll aim to post most days, and will try and include brief recipes where possible (if I don’t include recipes for things you want, let me know and I’ll add them!)... Wish me luck!

Breakfast – Homemade herby potato rosti with fried eggs (fried with Frylight!) - FREE

Lunch – Homemade tomato soup [1 large carrot, 1 stick of celery, ½ onion: fry in frylight for 10 mins in a large pan. Add: 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, ½ pint of chicken or veg stock, 1 tbsp tomato puree, salt, 1 tsp mixed herbs. Bring to boil, and simmer for 20 mins. Blitz with handheld or jug food processor. Serve] – 1 SYN

Snacks – Small side salad, with 1 ryvita (chili), and three small slivers of feta cheese. Probably 1 SYN for the ryvita, as the cheese would have been a healthy extra ‘a’.
Also, I made some biscuits and had 4 – 6 SYNS
A plum

Dinner – Roast smoked bacon joint (all visible fat removed), carrots, cauliflower, potato and parsnip mash.

We went out to the cinema after dinner to see Avengers Assemble. It was good... except then I also had...

2 glasses of champagne – 8 SYNS
½ box sweet popcorn – LOTS OF SYNS
A few cola bottles – 8 SYNS

Total syns for the day: at least 23 SYNS!! Wow... that’s an eye opener... and I completely forgot to count the three segments of Terry’s Chocolate Orange (plus centre bit)...

Last edited:

Breakfast – Poached eggs on 2 slices of wholemeal toast (from a 400g loaf) – FREE

Lunch – Tuna pasta salad, and a plum – 1 SYN

Snacks – An apple. 3 homemade biscuits – 4.5 SYNS; Cup of tea (using milk from my milk allowance)

Dinner – Quorn Chili Jacket Potatoes

Drinks - Sangria - 1.5 SYNS

Total syns for the day: 7 SYNS

A much better day today, clearly!

Last edited:
Disaster struck this morning when my fiance used the last of the milk for his breakfast! I have none for my own, and with the cupboards bare, I had to brave food shopping on an empty stomache. Top tip: always go shopping after a meal! The damage wasn't too bad, and most of it healthy (ish!), so I don't think I'll go too off track. Did pick up some of those mikado sticks - only 1/2 a Syn each, apparently :) Update: And are suprisingly satisfying!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk (from allowance), with a chopped banana on top - FREE

Lunch - Homemade pressed beef burger (less than 5% fat), in a wholemeal roll [- normally 6 1/2 SYNS, but free as HE], with a fried (with frylight) egg on top, with LOTS of salad

Dinner - Quorn chilli with rice - FREE

Snacks - Mikado milk chocolate x4 - 2 SYNS
Strawberry Muller Light Yoghurt - FREE
Homemade biscuits - 6 SYNS
Hand full of cranberries
Pear

Drinks - Equator beer and tea... both FREE

Total syns for the day: 8 SYNS

Last edited:
I don't go to meetings either but I find this forum brilliant for ideas and support etc - your diary seems balanced (popcorn aside lol) so good luck! :)

So today I decided to give this 'scan bran' a go... Figured it couldn't hurt, and I've seen some great, tasty looking recipes (ferero rocher, I looking at you!) that use it... if I can stand it. So along with my big tuna salad, I gave it a go...

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal toast from a 400g loaf with 40g of reduced fat mature cheddar on top - FREE (using all my HE's!). A pear.

Lunch - Tuna sala with scan bran (first try of these...) - 1 SYN

Scan Bran - not much different from ryvita, really, but with a nicer texture. Must admit, find ryvita drier, and I can eat scan bran on its own which is great - will definately be giving some of the other recipes a go!

Dinner - Pork and Paprika-one-pot - FREE
Big bowl of mullerlight vanilla yoghurt with strawberries and raspberries

Snacks - A few sunbites - 1 SYN
A random shortbread biscuit - must be at least 3 SYNS
2 scan bran ferrero rochers (made with chocolate philidelphia) (+ licking my fingers and the bowl after making...) - 3 SYNS
1 homemade biscuit - 1 1/2 SYNS

Drinks - Tea with skimmed milk and 1/2 a sugar! - 1 SYN

Total syns for the day: 10 1/2 SYNS

Didn't do so well today - but have been doing more excercise now the weather is getting a bit better. Will be another busy day tomorrow, so I hope I succumb to snacking on packet biscuits!

Last edited:
Manic day today, starting early and running around at work. At least I'm getting plenty of exercise!

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal toast from a 400g loaf with 3 (!) poached eggs - FREE

Lunch - Veg stirfry with rice, and a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce - 1 SYN

Dinner - Quorn ragu with cheese - FREE
Raspberries and strawberries covered in a muller light yoghurt, with a homemade biscuit crumbled on top - 1 1/2 SYNS

Snacks - A few sunbites - 1 SYN
4 Mikado sticks - 2 SYNS
Scan Bran Ferrero Rocher - 1 SYN

Drinks - Tea - 1 1/2 SYNS
Equator and Chai Tea - FREE

Total syns for the day: 8 SYNS

Not bad, all considered. Was sorely tempted a few times, but managed to stay on trach despite a massively hectic day! Plenty of execise too, which was good.

Last edited:

Breakfast - Banana

Late-Morning Snack - Tomato and Tuna omlette (3 eggs) - FREE

Dinner - Quorn Chili with Rice - FREE
Banana dipped in toffee muller light yoghurt - FREE

Snacks - Mikado stick - 1/2 SYN
Scan Bran Ferrero Rocher - 1 SYN
Cherries - FREE

Drinks - Equator and Chai Tea - FREE
2 Glasses of Red Wine - 12 SYNS
A few non-SW chips (!) - 2 SYNS

Total syns for the day: 15 1/2 SYNS

Again - not a good day... just could resist the glasses of wine in the evening while hanging out with friends. This weekend is looking to be pretty bad too - I'll be eating takeaway tomorrow most probably, and we're out on Sunday evening as well!

So I decided in advance that I wouldn't succumb to being on my own this evening, and indulging in takeaway - instead, I decided to treat myself to something decadent from marks and spencers...

Breakfast - 3 poached eggs and bacon - FREE

Late-Morning Snack - Jacket potato with Tuna and Mayo - 1 SYN

Dinner - Lean venison steak with a plate FULL of veg :) (No pots) - FREE
Frozen toffee muller light - FREE

Snacks - Mikado sticks - 1 SYN
Cherries - FREE
A donut... covered in green stuff, filled with chocolate... - 15 SYNS (at least!)

Drinks - Costa pink grapefruit lemonade - FREE (??)
Chai and jasmine tea
Equator 'beer'

Total syns for the day: 17 SYNS

So was doing quiet well... except for the donut. Couldn't resist. Fail -.-

Last edited:
True - I just have real trouble resisting the treats at the weekend... It doesn't help that my fiance and friends aren't really all that worried about what they eat (for good reason - most aren't over weight). I tend to get sucked in to thier eating habits...

Just had my frozen muller light yoghurt... Wow. Tastes great (as usual), really creamy so really satisfying, and lasts SO much longer than non-frozen. Definately going to do it again!

Breakfast - Banana with yoghurt and museli - FREE

Lunch - Roast vegetable couscous - FREE

Dinner - Chicken fajita wrap with chips - 15 SYNS

Snacks - Few crisps/ chips while at the Zoo - 3 SYNS
Half a chorizo, mozzarella and tomato panini - 8 SYNS

Drinks - 3x white wine spritzers with tonic water - 9 SYNS
Glass of red wine - 6 SYNS
Tea with milk - 1 SYN

Total syns today: 42 SYNS...

Clearly today has been a bad day... It was bound to be - went to the Zoo with my neices and nephews, and did pretty well considering. However - we were at Barcraft in Essex in the evening which has clearly done no good at all. Pleased I managed to stick to spritzers for so long... And I wasn't entirely sure on the syns for dinner, so I aimed high. Never mind. Hopefully back on track tomorrow... Although am planning on eating out for lunch, which might be a problem. Still, plenty of exercise today, and did lose 1lb last week (which I have probably put back on today, lol!), so not all bad... :)

Last edited:

Breakfast - Baked beans on 2 slices of wholemeal toast from a 400g loaf - FREE

Lunch - Lean Venison Steak, with Fresh Egg Noodles and Stir Fry Vegetables

Dinner - Homemade pesto with liguine - 1 SYN (for alpro yoghurt rather than fat free fromage frais - my fiance is lactose intollerant)
Frozen Muller Light Yoghurt - FREE

Snacks - Pear
Homemade biscuit x2 - 3 SYNS

Drinks - Tea with milk and sweetener - 1/2 SYN
Glass of Red Wine - 6 SYNS

Total syns today: 10 1/2 SYNS

Much better day today :) Instead of going out for lunch, we decided to treat ourselves to something nice from the shop, and cook it at home - much cheaper, and a lot healthier! Still enjoyed a glass on wine, but it was ok, as I still came in under my syns.

Last edited:

Breakfast - Poached eggs on 2 slices of wholemeal toast from a 400g loaf - FREE

Lunch - Chicken and bacon soup - FREE

Dinner - Homemade chicken and leek pie with vegetables - 1 SYN (1 tbsp of gravy granuals in 2 pies, and 1 tbsp of alpro yoghurt in the mash for 2 pies)
Frozen Muller Light Yoghurt - FREE

Snacks - Maryland Cookie (problem with working in an office!!) - 2 1/2 SYNS
Pear
Apple

Drinks - Chai Tea - FREE
Tea (with milk from allowance) - FREE
White wine spritzer, with tonic water - 4 SYNS

Total syns today: 7 1/2 SYNS

Last edited:

I can already tell you that today is not going to be a good day for me in terms of syns. I will be marking exam papers, which always starts the cravings, and worse still - it's WI cake club. I myself have made a banana loaf cake, each serving of which is 4 1/2 syns! There is always a tasty array of great choices... this week also promises fudge blondies, millionair shortbread, banoffee tarts, and chocolate courgette cake... None made with dieting in mind, no doubt, and all tasting fab! MUST try and stick to Free foods today in preparation....

Breakfast - Poached eggs and bacon on homemade potato rostis - FREE

Lunch - Left over gammon and lettuce sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal bread, 400g loaf) - FREE

Dinner - Jacket potato with steak

Snacks - Punnet of cherries - FREE
1/2 Slice of Banana loaf cake - 3 SYNS
2 Banoffee tartlets - 6 SYNS
Slice of chocalate tray cake - 8 SYNS
Millionaire Shortbread - 8 SYNS
Small slice of lemon tart - 4 SYNS
Macaroon - 3 SYNS

Drinks - Chai tea - FREE
1/3 of a Frijj (before I realised how bad it was!! Semi-skimmed milk used as HEa - still, not so good on only having Free things before tonights Cake Club!) - 2 SYNS

Total syns today: 32 SYNS

I knew this would be a bad day... problem is, Cake Club is sooooo good!

Last edited:

Breakfast - Omlette made with 3 eggs, with spring onions and pepper - FREE

Lunch - Veg stir fry with rice - FREE

Dinner - Fish stew from Zizzi's - ?? Lots, probably!

Snacks - Slice of banana loaf - 4 1/2 SYNS
Slice of chocolate fridge cake - 8 SYNS
Millionairre shortbread - 8 SYNS
Chocolate corgette cupcake - 5 SYNS

Drinks - Glass of white wine - 6 SYNS

Total syns today: 31 1/2 SYNS!!

Ok, so today was basically Cake Club #2 in the guise of Games Night for the WI... So much cake, and so good! I certainly didn't help that I also ended up at Zizzi's for dinner, and had the fish stew, which I have NO idea what the SYNS are for... I can just see that this weekend is going to be a disaster...

Last edited:

Breakfast - Poached eggs of wholemeal toast - FREE

Lunch - Ceasar salad, no dressing, some croutons, a bit of risotto (both from a restaurant) - 5 SYNS

Dinner - Homemade chicken fajita's (with tex mex sauces!!) - 26 SYNS

Snacks - Muller light yoghurt - FREE
Donut (-.-) - 8 SYNS

Drinks - White wine - 6 SYNS
Sangria - 4 SYNS

Total syns today: 44 SYNS

Wow. Another appauling day. I have a friend come over that I havent seen in some time, and I really didn't pay much attention to what I was eating. Homemade fajita's was certainly an improvement on the takeaway that we were going to have, although I have plenty of guacamole and nacho cheese on mine, which didn't really help... and white wraps... MUST TRY HARDER

Last edited:

Breakfast - Fruit, museli, and yoghurt - FREE

Lunch - HUGE salad, with sweetcorn, tomato, lettuce, peppers, and cucumber, chicken and bacon - FREE

Dinner - Eurovision meddly:
German Sausages - 6 SYNS
Estonian Pork - FREE
Irish Potato Salad - 6 SYNS
Hungarian Horderves - 2 SYNS
Toffee Pancake - 6 SYNS

Snacks - Mikado sticks - 1 1/2 SYN

Drinks - Sprite Zero - FREE
Diet Tango - FREE
Small glass of white wine - 4 1/2 SYNS

Total syns today: 26 SYNS

Felt pretty good for avoiding a donut today, when we were in town... Salad was fresh made, and bought from a local shop, and LOVELY! Knew things were going to be a bit more challenging in the evening, although we had a great time... I can see, however, that the last few days (and indeed weeks), have not been all that good for the losing weight thing...

Last edited:
Back