Slimming World Green & Red FAQ 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, am a relative newbie (6 weeks) and was wondering about the syns and whether you have to have them, decided to look on here and found the answer. Thank you.

how do you thank someone for a post?

You probably can't do it yet hun, I think you need 50 posts.
When you can, you will see a little thumbs up icon bottom right of a post. Click that.
Get posting!

ah thanks, thought i was cracking up

I've heard this as well, and there seems to be mixed responses from consultants, but the general feel is that you can have half and half as long as it adds up, if you see what I mean!

So 1 piece of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf and 1 Alpen light bar would equal 1 B choice. This is what I do anyway! Best to check with your consultant, but if doing this doesn't affect your loss then carry on, if it does then change it.

However, if you are only have 1 Alpen light for example, and nothing else to make up the B choice then you would have to syn it as you aren't getting enough fibre to justify the calories.

Do you have a food diary we can have a nose at to see where you might be having trouble? Don't fall into the trap of thinking eating less will help - it wont!

Hiya,

Just been having a steady mooch through the threads on here as I am a newbie and came across this about not using up your HE A & B.

I was a bit shocked as I always use my A because I like to have cereal for brekky and I always have 350ml of skimmed milk for my B, which I don't always use as I don't drink that many cups of tea in a day.

Should I just be drinking it all down at the end of the day? I thought I was being good by not using it all! :)

Thanks

Don't worry, you do not need to syn it if you do not have the full amount given for the HE. Some consultants have told people this but there is nothing the SW literature to say this, in fact SW don't even say thay you have to have your HEs. All it means is that you may not get the recommend amount of calcium in your diet. If you are having other foods with calcium such as yoghurt, cheese etc then it should not be an issue.

Don't worry, you do not need to syn it if you do not have the full amount given for the HE. Some consultants have told people this but there is nothing the SW literature to say this, in fact SW don't even say thay you have to have your HEs. All it means is that you may not get the recommend amount of calcium in your diet. If you are having other foods with calcium such as yoghurt, cheese etc then it should not be an issue.

Thank you ever so much Circes.

I eat a yogurt every day, so that should cover it.

Much appreciated. ;)

Gratz, fab post - many thanks for taking the time to write it!

I'm new and it's a lifesaver:greenapple:

Fab post.. Sooo helpful!! Oh and I was dying to know how to add the stickers.. Now I do!! Thanks so much!!
From a now well informed newbie
xx

It's a really handy post for everyone, not just newbies!! I quite often revisit it just to recap!!X

Thanks for the post! Really well thought out and soooo helpful to a newbie like myself!

ZXXXX

Fantastic! all that info - I'm going to cut and paste it and then print it out to have on my wall at work!

Fantastico

Kats:):):):):):):)

Fantastic! all that info - I'm going to cut and paste it and then print it out to have on my wall at work!

Fantastico

Kats

Hey does anyone know what the URL is for the Slimmer of the Week award. Ive tried to get it from SW website but to no avail.

slimmer_of_week.jpg

Code:
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/slimmer_of_week.jpg
and just in case...
slimmer_of_month_October.jpg

Code:
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/slimmer_of_month_October.jpg
(just change the month each time!)

Hope that helps,
Natt

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie and just had a few questions / queries.

This is my third day on Slimming World and I was just wondering about Healthy Extras and Syns. Before I started Slimming World I never only ate cheese at the weekend and I only really had the odd splash of soya milk in tea. I also only had bread at the weekend. Yesterday I found I really struggled to get the Healthy Extras in short of actually just eating them for the sake of it.

Is it OK to miss a few Healthy Extras here and there or is it advised that you do eat them to help your weight loss?

Also on to syns, I was never really a big chocolate / crisps / treats kind of girl and most of my bad eating was again at the weekend when I would eat a lot of pizzas, pastry, cakes, booze etc. Squiddie I saw what you said about making sure you eat your syns but does that apply if it's having syns for the sake of it that you wouldn't have had before you were on Slimming World? Is it bad if I go a few days without having my syns or is it advised that you have at least 5 a day? I'm pretty sure that when I go out on Saturday I'll get my 15 syns in on what I drink on my night out, but my friend told me that her weight loss is always better when she has had a consistent amount of syns all week rather than having a lot of syns all in one go and none throughout the week.

Sorry for all the questions (I bet you are fed up of these newbie queries!)

Thanks
Jules

Hi, this is my 4th week following slimming world and I have been alternating between red and green days as I was uncertain about extra easy.
This week I decided to balance out my red or green foods (depending on which plan I was following) and the HEBs a bit better, rather than having large portions of potato and then a small HEB of meat (or visaversa). I think I am confusing myself here!!! Anyway after looking at my food plans for the last few days I have come to the conclusion that I am probably doing Extra Easy without realizing it.

Thanks for this thread, as I have no information on Extra Easy.

I will have to look up the superfree fruits and vegetables, I eat a lot of fruits and veg but not sure if I am eating the superfree ones!!!

Thanks a bunch. TB

Hello everyone!

This is my third day on Slimming World and I was just wondering about Healthy Extras and Syns. Before I started Slimming World I never only ate cheese at the weekend and I only really had the odd splash of soya milk in tea. I also only had bread at the weekend. Yesterday I found I really struggled to get the Healthy Extras in short of actually just eating them for the sake of it.

Is it OK to miss a few Healthy Extras here and there or is it advised that you do eat them to help your weight loss?

Also on to syns, I was never really a big chocolate / crisps / treats kind of girl and most of my bad eating was again at the weekend when I would eat a lot of pizzas, pastry, cakes, booze etc. Squiddie I saw what you said about making sure you eat your syns but does that apply if it's having syns for the sake of it that you wouldn't have had before you were on Slimming World? Is it bad if I go a few days without having my syns or is it advised that you have at least 5 a day? I'm pretty sure that when I go out on Saturday I'll get my 15 syns in on what I drink on my night out, but my friend told me that her weight loss is always better when she has had a consistent amount of syns all week rather than having a lot of syns all in one go and none throughout the week.

Sorry for all the questions (I bet you are fed up of these newbie queries!)

Thanks
Jules

The SW website says:

Q: Do I have to eat all my Healthy Extras every day?
A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

There is a huge range of HEs at your disposal so why not try oil or dried fruit\stewed fruit or nuts for a change - and make an effort to choose HEs before free foods

As for syns they do not need to be used on chocolate / crisps / treats - what about ingredients for cooking eg oil, pesto, mayo, sauces, curry paste etc

Try to use at least five a day as some people find they need to cut back as they get near target and if you are using very few then you leave yourself nowhere to go

Some people can get away with using the majority of their syns at the weekend but others cannot so you just need to try and see what happens

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back