slimming world in Aus (NSW)

Hi
Nice to meet you all. :wave_cry:

I know there are posts here from Aus but now I have registered I can't seem to find them :cry:

I want to start on the EE as I like the idea of having meat and carbs together but I am stuck on the syns, the info I have is from google and EE is not included in it so I only have syns for red and green days until books arrive from my wonderful friends in the UK.

Can anyone help out in the cheese department and what is nice fat free cottage cheese here as the only ones I have bought have been lumpy and uggggh

Thanks
J

Hi and welcome :D

The syns are the same on EE as on red and green, if you look in your book you need to take the highest syn value, out of red and green so for example say a sausage is 5 syns on red and 8 syn on green and you are doing EE you need to use 8 Syns as your syn value. The main difference between red/green and EE is that you are only allowed 1 Hex A & 1 Hex B and at every meal you have to incorporate 1/3 of your plate super speed food, so if you have a steak & slimming world chips (so 2/3 of your plate) the other 3rd needs to be filled with SS Veg or Salad for example.

I hope that helps (and that I have explained it right and correctly!!)

I can't help with the cottage cheese question sorry!

Good luck on your journey, you will do great

Hi jstrac80
Yes you have and thankyou. I have no books and just the basics from google at the moment but I NEED to lose weight in 3 weeks as I have an event and everyone I know in the UK is doing this so I thought I would give it a go.

Next question, how do I add a tracker ??
Thanks
J

Hi and welcome :D

The syns are the same on EE as on red and green, if you look in your book you need to take the highest syn value, out of red and green so for example say a sausage is 5 syns on red and 8 syn on green and you are doing EE you need to use 8 Syns as your syn value. The main difference between red/green and EE is that you are only allowed 1 Hex A & 1 Hex B and at every meal you have to incorporate 1/3 of your plate super speed food, so if you have a steak & slimming world chips (so 2/3 of your plate) the other 3rd needs to be filled with SS Veg or Salad for example.

I hope that helps (and that I have explained it right and correctly!!)

I can't help with the cottage cheese question sorry!

Good luck on your journey, you will do great

Just to make you aware, that's the wrong way round! You always take the lower of the two syn values on EE not the highest :)

Hi All and many thanks
are superfree foods all the free foods in both red and green days ?
J

Superfree Foods
Superfree foods are simply fruit and vegetables that are free on all plans. This is an update to the old definition that super free foods are those on all days, Mullerlight yoghurts, Bovril, Herbs, Soy Sauce etc., are just referred to as free foods now. (I think the logic to this being the marketing people didn’t think it would look as appealing to say fill 1/3 of your plate with fruit or vegetables. Instead Superfree sounds much better!)

If you click on the links below it will explain how SW works.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html

Good luck with SW:)

Have you tried to make your own soft cheese ( a bit like Philladelphia) which you can flavour yourself to your own taste .. Like garlic and herb of chilly or anything really recipie on this forum!

Just to make you aware, that's the wrong way round! You always take the lower of the two syn values on EE not the highest :)

ohhhh wow haha that means I have been well over compensating with my Syns the last few weeks - excellent haha!! I least I wasn't using the lower value when it was supposed to be the higher!

And 1/3 needs to be superfree instead of super speed :D

yeah that's what I said in my head, my fingers just typed what they wanted haha!

Sorry nurseratchett

jstrac80 - nope still not working, have tried to edit signiture and it comes up that there are no subscribing threads at the moment or something - i have cut and pasted every possible link there it and put it in edit my signiture - am I missing a control panel ?????

mini your posts and info on here are really wonderful, thankyou for the effort you put into them

jstrac80 - nope still not working, have tried to edit signiture and it comes up that there are no subscribing threads at the moment or something - i have cut and pasted every possible link there it and put it in edit my signiture - am I missing a control panel ????? :break_diet:

mini your posts and info on here are really wonderful, thankyou for the effort you put into them

forgot to ask where is everyone from ?
Jann

If I click Edit Signature at the bottom of any post I have made it comes with with a box like the Quick Reply box below, you just need to paste the code in there that you copy from the first box once you have created the signature (the bBcode box) - Do you not have the box to type in when you select Edit Signature then>?

Back