Slimming World is the bees knees!

Hi there peeps, I am new here and just wanted to say hello.
I joined Slimming World twenty four weeks ago with a start weight of 16st 11lbs and haven't looked back since. To date I have have lost 3st 6lbs so just a pound off my three and a half stone award and have found that the SW healthy eating plan has worked a treat plus I have met so many new friends.
In the last twelve or so years my weight has fluctuated between 11st 7lbs to 25st 11lbs due to ilness, paralysis and severe inactivity being wheelchair bound for four years, now I'm happy to say that after two years of intensive therapy that I am able to walk again along with careful, sensible eating the weight has finally gotten back to near my original general weight. More importantly my BMI which was over 52 has halved.
I love walking, especially on Dartmoor and Exmoor, just gotten back into cycling and swim quite a bit too.
Pages and comments here look great with lots of info and I look forward to chatting with some of you in the future
John x

hi and welcome to the group ,, well done on your weight loss i started sw just over a week ago and love reading success stories like yours as it inspires me .. looks like you have had a pretty rough time and i am glad to read that your are now in a better place physically .. good luck on your journey xx

Hi jack,

Just thought i'd say, what an inspiring story. Seems like you have been so determined to get your life back on track not just through weight loss but i'm sure learning to walk again was no mean feat either! Hats off to you.

Just wow, thank you for sharing. :) xxx

Back