Slimming world maybe!

Hi all.
Just found this site and think its great.
Im gonna attempt to start another diet on monday.....possibly slimming world.
The only problem i have is, i find it hard to believe that id lose weight with this diet. Carbs and meat are always a no-no on all my past diets????
So anyone who can tell me from personal experience that it works would be great!
And it would be good to make friends on here to motivate me and give me advice along the way!
Jackie

Hi Jackie, I started slimming world last Wednesday so really can't give you evidence that it works yet but would be happy to buddy up with you for support. It seems strange but it seems to work. Go to your first group and although it is very American it's definitely motivating. Good luck!

Hiya ballymoneygirl. Yeah its gonna be strange eating all the things iv avoided all these years on diets. But im really looking forward to it. :)
Hoping this is the diet that finally works!!!
Do you have a lot to lose? I have 3 and a half stone to lose. :/
Please let me know how you get on with it.
Good luck
Jackie x

Hey Jonsie1077, SW does work for defs...while I personally have never tried it a some my friends have an have had great results - one lost 6.5 stone, the other lost 4 an the the other lost 2.5 stone! Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do fab :) x

Hi letsdothis84.
Thats whats made me think seriously about SW to be honest.
Iv seen women who have lost loads of weight and look amazing after following the diet.
I went on the website yesterday and I was gobsmacked.........chips, potatoes, pasta, burgers????
Im actually a bit worried about starting it, incase I put weight on?
But I am definitely going to start it this week. So cross fingers!! :)
Thank you for your words of encouragement.
Xx

Hi Jonesy, I have been doing Slimming World for the last 3 months and I have to say if you give it the commitment it requires it works very well 3 months in and I have lost 45lbs I am extremely pleased with results and I have eaten well and consistently lost SW all the way for me :)

hiya letsdothis. yeah thats whats made me think seriously about SW too. Seen many people who have lost loads of weight on it and look amazing.
i went on the website yesterday to look it up, and i was gobsmacked........chips, potatoes, pasta, burgers???? i just hope i dont put any weight on lol????
thank you for your words of encouragment. :) xx

wow the caretaker.....you have done really well. congratulations.
i hope it works for me too. :) thank you for your words of encouragment. :)

Hi,

I can definitely say it works. The thing with Slimming World is it teaches you to eat healthier meals rather than cut things out to get a quick loss.

I've lost 2stone now. I've been doing it for over a year but I had a big gap away from it, so 2stone since the end of october really.

It can be hard work, works best with planning and preparation. It's all about preparing food. Definitely worth it if you follow it 100%. Weighing out Healthy Extras and counting syns is important.

Good Luck!

Hi shrooms. 2 stone......thats fantastic. Lets hope my weightloss is as good as yours :)
Thank you for the encouragment. It makes me feel a lot more positive about it.
Wish me luck! :) xx

Heya, I just joined SW in January, and it's really, really good.

I think pschologically it's a bit of a 'get-out' from the trap of crazy dieting, it really gives you a sensible head for eating, and it's NOT a diet. It's an eating plan, and it's designed so that you can maintain it forever, with tweaks once you reach your goal weigh so you don't keep losing (!) It follows all the government guidelines for living a healthy lifestyle, and doctors even prescribe a 6 week Countdown course sometimes!

It's the first time I've managed to maintain healthy eating habits that I can remember. You should definitely do it! :D

Hiya summersideup. Sounds great! I just hope i can stick to this diet this time!? My first day today and getting weighed which im dreading in a room full of people! :/
Hoping this is the beginning of my weightloss and a new chapter of a happy, confident and healthier me! :)
Thank you for your positive and encouraging words!
Xx

Hi. SW does work!! Ive been doing it since 2011 after having my son. Ive lost 5st 3.5lb to date. (did get my 5 and half stone award end January but been alittle up/down with weight especailly with recovering from major knee surgery. But cannot wait to get back on track properly again!

I do extra easy plan which your allowed potatoes/pasta/rice with your meats. Then your allowed a measured amount of milk or cheese. And cereal/bread/cereal bars. Doing Green days (no meat) you get to have two of each and option for measured amount of meat if you wish. Original(red) is no pastas/potatoes etc. again 2 lots of what ive said or measured amount of potato/rice. It really does work. My son & husband eat same meals as they are 'normal' as you would say!
They both love my cheesy burgers i make too! mince blended with lots herbs, onion, garlic. mold around a babybel aand cook.. gooey cheesy burger! Yumm :)

Hiya jess. Sounds good and sooo easy! Went to my first meeting tonight and it wasnt as daunting as I thought. But the diet sounds too good to be true. Im going to give it a go and just hope it works aswell for me. I have 4 and a half stone to lose! Oh and them burgers are on the menu for tea tomorrow. They sound so tasty. Got the extra lean mince and babybels ready. Thanks for the idea! !! :) thank you for the tips and words of encouragement!!!! Xx

Hey ladies ive been doin slimming world for 5 weeks thursday
had good weeks and bad weeks. But from now im taking it seriously. I went to 13st 6lbs back to 13st 10lbs over the weekend so i know ill def of gained thursday. But trying my best to get to 13st 6lbs so i havent put on...
Does anyone else weigh on a thursday at home.

Could really use good support
Be there for eachothers.
Anyone in? Xxx

Hi jonesie,
I have 2.5 stone to lose. Best advice is to plan your meals as then you'll be prepared if something crops up. Also a banana and grapes in your bag and a drink. So far this week I've stuck to the plan and my family eat the same that I do. It is definitely about a healthier way to cook. Haven't made the cheesy burgers but must try them! Good luck with your first week. My first weigh in is on wed.

Your welcome :) light babybels are 3x for heA. loved in this house :) plan you meals like said above is a great idea too. Helps stay on track. xx

Breakfast 2 x light alpen bars
Lunch left over spag bol with quark fat free cheese
And prepared tea tonight. 2 Baked potatoes salad and chicken slices hmmmmm

Need to drink more water.
How is everyone else doing today? Xx

I found today tough because I didn't plan. Was hungry all day but kept wolfing down the fruit so didn't go over my syns. I need to go through everything again because I'm doing the extra easy plan and my hexa and hexb are the same everyday because I have she same breakfast! It's 250ml semi skimmed milk for (a) and weetabix for (b). Loving the food and the only thing is now I do the cooking which I don't particularly enjoy. My husband used to do all the cooking so he's loving it now that I'm cooking!! He would enjoy cooking though and has even asked me for the recipes and he'd cook. My youngest is 5months and I'm still on maternity leave. I go back to work in July and I'm dreading it. I do enjoy work but have been off work for 2years as my oldest who's 2 was very ill and needed a bone marrow transplant. Unfortunately he took ill on my first day back to work the first time and then we were in England(I'm from Ireland) for 5months, I got pregnant again and when we came home he was still too ill for me to go back to work. He's great now, but it's been a tough two years in which no exercise has been done and the weight just piled on but last week I decided enough was enough! Have a holiday in September and I want to be wobble free!!! Hope you all do well at weigh ins!! We're gonna beat it girls!

Glad to here your son is better sounds like u have had a real tough couple of yours.
Im here too support u if you like i know i def need support and feel like ill stick to it better knpwing ive got to tell someone on the same diet ive been naughty lol.
My weigh in is on a thursday and i do it at home. I do knoe ive put on the weekend but id be happy if i could maintan it xx

Back