Slimming World memories

lornameg

I have strong memories of going to a SW class more than 20 years ago.....the person who had lost least/ put on most, had to sit holding a pink stuffed pig all evening, and you took it home for the week as well, as a reminder
How times have changed

Really! I can't image that being SW policy to be honest but possibly a very misguided consultant trying to motivate people :(

That's appalling! Why would anyone put up with that?

I would have had a few creative ideas about where to stuff the stuffed pig. And if forced to take it home, no-one would ever have seen it again!!!

I'll add that never happened in our class 20 years ago! My memories are of corned beef quiches, rice as a healthy b choice red days :)

Really?! I would have shoved the pig where the sun doesn't shine!

I went ten years ago (which is despressing!) and thought it was bad enough there was a woman telling us how to make crisps out of pasta!

That's hilarious. If it were me I'd have taken it home and brought just a pack of bacon the following week. I'd offer no explanation apart from a belch.

I first tried SW about 15 years ago, and my memories are of how boring Image Therapy was (and still is!!), but mostly about all those lovely free foods you used to be able to enjoy- corned beef, tinned macaroni cheese, Sainsbury's instant noodles... *sigh*

I first tried SW about 15 years ago, and my memories are of how boring Image Therapy was (and still is!!), but mostly about all those lovely free foods you used to be able to enjoy- corned beef, tinned macaroni cheese, Sainsbury's instant noodles... *sigh*

Yeh some leaders are a bit happy clappy. Mine's not like that at all - she's a bit like bad teacher, going on about all the things they say she should be doing in class. And all she ever says is I'm not doing that it's boring!

I first went 18 years ago!!! Corned beef was free - yum and wait for it.........................one of the b choices was an apple and an orange!! We could also blend Heinz macaroni cheese to make a cheese sauce. Oh how times have changed lol.

I first went 8 years ago and I lost weight much faster on red and green days.

I'm sure corned beef was free too.

I first went 18 years ago!!! Corned beef was free - yum and wait for it.........................one of the b choices was an apple and an orange!! We could also blend Heinz macaroni cheese to make a cheese sauce. Oh how times have changed lol.

Blending Heinz macaroni cheese to make a sauce, now that does sound nice.

I first went in '97. The classes were held in the room at the back of a pub, and several members used to go & get a pint prior to the class, and bring it in with them (I can remember one woman in particular who used to always balance hers on ther stomach, which used to fascinate me)! Corned beef was indeed free, and I used it make the corned beef quiches regularly - cant remember when I last ate it now!

i can't believe SW would have sanctioned the pig even 20 years ago. Suspect the consultant was being misguidedly inventive...

Never saw a pig but lasagne sheet crisps, using smash as coating, Cous Cous cake, polenta, were actively encouraged :/

Back