Slimming World - Newbie

nikkik86

Hi everyone,

My name is Nikki, im 28 and ive just joined the site. I have been at SW since Nov and have lost 8lb so far. I havent been weighed over the xmas period (I was on holiday) I know I have a definite gain but how much im not sure.

I want to lose about 4 stone (down to 12 stone) by August this year as my brother in law is getting married in Cyprus. I will be starting the gym tonight and will be doing gradual exercise to get my fitness up and hopefully maintain a steady weight loss.

Any words of wisdom/ advice anyone could give me is greatly appreciated! Currently craving sugar with all the junk over xmas but hoping that will pass! My biggest vices are alcohol (which im trying to cut down on) and takeaways! Limiting myself to one a week from now on.

Thanks!

Nikki xxx

hi Nikki, great loss so far!

best of luck with your journey xx

Thank you! Been trying to cut down on carbs this week so looking forward to weigh in on wed. Xxx

ooh i love my carbs! i think id cry if i couldnt have them.

i weigh in on a thursday, but i will pop in and check how you have gotten on . xx

You chose Boiled rice though and that was exercising what SW call "Choice Power".

Takeaways are not forbidden if you really want them and don't want to make your own "Fakeaway" then check the Syn section of the SW book and make smarter choices on which dishes to order. Serving with boiled rice is the smartest accompaniment so you're already halfway there!

Congratulations on the 8 pound loss, get back to group ASAP, find out if you have gained and by how much and stick to the plan as best you can.
There are plenty of recipes here and if you want to buy books from your group, they have a lot of ideas for you to use on a variety of foods.

Sweet cravings will subside and in fact, a lot of things I used to have a lot of now taste far too sweet for my adjusted tastes.
You may begin to swap things such as milk chocolate for Dark eventually but you will find that sweet cravings can be easily managed.

Good luck on the journey to the new, lighter you! :)

done slimming world before with my parents, but this time it's for life. So pretty much new. My groups doing SP rather than extra easy. Is anyone else doing SP?

definitely don't beat yourself up about Christmas, it's gone now. You achieved an 8lb weight loss beforehand, so you know you can do it, and it will soon come off again. Just forget about it and move forward :)

If I'm going to have a sudden craving for something sweet it's usually after lunch (strangely!) so I deal with it by having a sweet like a Werthers Original (which I syn), and 99% of the time I find one is enough.

My alcohol downfall is red wine! 26 syns for a bottle! Ouch! So I've swapped to gin and slimline tonic. My favourite G&T at the moment is with cucumber and ground black pepper :)

Thankfully STS over xmas - no idea how i managed that! Taking my loss up to 10lb. Hopefully get my stone award next Wed! Going to stick religiously to plan (except a chinese this Sat) Ive stopped the wine as much as poss but finding that really hard. I enjoy a glass here and there but have swapped for vodka, lime and soda or diet lemonade.

Lunchtime is when im usually reaching for the sweet tin at work as well but ive decided to do a resist list to see how many syns im saving by not having a sweet.

well done on your STS! :)

That's a good idea. When I last did SW in 2010 I lost 5 stones (put almost 2st back on again since, which is why I've rejoined lol) but without doing a lot of exercise. This time I'm trying to incorporate exercise as well as I'm hoping it will tone me up and help me lose some dress sizes! Work, single motherhood and childcare means getting to the gym is almost impossible so I have a rebounder (mini trampoline) at home which gives me a good workout with weights as well.

I love the idea of a 'resist list'! It's an ideal way to track what you could have eaten, but that way it could mean that you could have that bottle of wine at the weekend :)
Don't forget that doing losts of exercise when you haven't done any for a while may slow down your losses, but you'll start to see the inches disappear (I always forget this and get so disappointed with my loss!)

Back