SLIMMING WORLD NEWBIE

blondegonedark

Hi , I am a newbie to SW and have read through the literature etc, but was wondering if anyone has some advise for following SW when you first start, or how did you get into the swing of it, I am a little daunted about how to go about it all........:eek:

Read your books over and over again, plan, plan, plan and measure everything that has to be measured.

It is a lot to take in to start with. Could you follow the 7 day plan in the book/on the website and note exactly where the HExs and Speed foods are in the plan? If the plan doesn't appeal to you, create your own making sure you include the Heathy Extras etc. Look at a few diaries on here to get some ideas and why not start your own diary? That way you'll get some friends who will give plenty of constructive criticism and helpful suggestions.

Good luck.

Hi blondegonedark, welcome :)

It is a bit daunting at first, there is a lot to take in. I agree with Patty above, read your books and maybe follow one of the 7 day plans to start with to help you get into the swing of it. In a few weeks you will have absorbed all the info and it will get a lot easier :) And once your into the swing of it I think it is one of the easiest plans to follow, as there is such minimal weighing and counting! All that counting on weight watchers did my head in lol. I

t's also one of the most flexible, I eat out socially once and often twice a week and it allows me to accommodate that and still stay on plan. My fave thing about SW is that it teaches you how to make good food choices for life, not just while you're "on a diet" :)

This is a great forum for support, if you're not sure you're getting it right just post a daily food diary here and we can help.

Back