Slimming World, PCOS and Dairy free newbie

Jaxx1384

Hi all I've been a slimming world member for 6 months and im almost at my 1.5 stone award. It's been a hard 6 months with many ups and downs but I'm making progress. Being dairy free is frustrating but it's a necessity and pcos on top just make everything fun! Anyone else working with this wonderful trifecta or something similar?

I feel for you, I love cheese. I've got PCOS but luckily no allergies or intolerances as of yet.

Jaxx your doing Amazing!

I was technically a Celiac However this was when i was a youngster and ive built up a tolerance. If i eat to much i do get sick but Can't over indulge on SW so maybe thats a good thing.

Is there much you can have thats Dairy Free as a replacement?

@jhsaxx I didnt realise I had an intolerance to dairy until i saw that dairy and pcos dont always go well together and it can make your insulin resistance worse. Ive been off it for 6 months and feel a massive difference in my energy levels. @JEM there are plenty of milk options and soya dairy free spreads. Cheese is the hardest to replace so I'm not having as much of that and all yoghurts are synned. I am managing but get annoyed by the lack of syn free alternatives for things like quark and greek yoghurt. I just need to be careful and plan ahead when I'm going anywhere. I've kind of gotten used to the fact that this will be harder for me and by not giving in it will get easier as I make progress.

I don't have any problems with my insulin as far as I know, fingers crossed. I eat creme fraiche on almost a daily basis, I think I could live without cheese and yoghurt, but I couldnt live without that.

Creme fraiche is something I can take or leave. It's too high in fat for slimming world so not something I could use anyways but I understand the sentiment. I miss being able to have free greek yogurt.

Back