Slimming World, PCOS and Dairy free newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jaxx1384, 13 February 2016 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Jaxx1384

Jaxx1384 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all I've been a slimming world member for 6 months and im almost at my 1.5 stone award. It's been a hard 6 months with many ups and downs but I'm making progress. Being dairy free is frustrating but it's a necessity and pcos on top just make everything fun! Anyone else working with this wonderful trifecta or something similar?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jhsax

Jhsax Starting over

Start Weight:
    24st10lb
    Current Weight:
    23st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(6.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I feel for you, I love cheese. I've got PCOS but luckily no allergies or intolerances as of yet.

4. Jem1905

Jem1905 Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    23st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11.5lb(14.08%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Jaxx your doing Amazing!

I was technically a Celiac However this was when i was a youngster and ive built up a tolerance. If i eat to much i do get sick but Can't over indulge on SW so maybe thats a good thing.

Is there much you can have thats Dairy Free as a replacement?

5. Jaxx1384

Jaxx1384 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    @jhsaxx I didnt realise I had an intolerance to dairy until i saw that dairy and pcos dont always go well together and it can make your insulin resistance worse. Ive been off it for 6 months and feel a massive difference in my energy levels. @JEM there are plenty of milk options and soya dairy free spreads. Cheese is the hardest to replace so I'm not having as much of that and all yoghurts are synned. I am managing but get annoyed by the lack of syn free alternatives for things like quark and greek yoghurt. I just need to be careful and plan ahead when I'm going anywhere. I've kind of gotten used to the fact that this will be harder for me and by not giving in it will get easier as I make progress.

6. Jhsax

Jhsax Starting over

Start Weight:
    24st10lb
    Current Weight:
    23st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(6.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't have any problems with my insulin as far as I know, fingers crossed. I eat creme fraiche on almost a daily basis, I think I could live without cheese and yoghurt, but I couldnt live without that.

7. Jaxx1384

Jaxx1384 Member

Start Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Creme fraiche is something I can take or leave. It's too high in fat for slimming world so not something I could use anyways but I understand the sentiment. I miss being able to have free greek yogurt.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.