Slimming World Sausages

Scooter-boy

Silver Member
Oh my God, who eats these ???
Just tried them for the first AND LAST time, they taste like cardboard!!!! I was really looking forward to them too, has any one got nice ones for low Syns .... x

Poo has more flavour lol, the chicken ones have a taste like washing up liquid to, we have a local butchers that dose low fat sausages, don't know if you have heard of joes sausages but most of there sausages are meant to be syn free but there is a minum order to get free delivery.

Try Morrisons nume sausages. They are 2 8 packs for £3, one syn each and they taste ok.

Sainsbury's BGTY Cumberlands. Lovely and 1 syn each. I haven't had them in a couple of years due to hubby being diagnosed as coeliac but before that, we were having them even when not dieting.

We have the Heck sausages now, the chicken ones are really low syn (half a syn max each, some are half a syn for two) but obviously have a different flavour. The 97% pork ones are nice but 3 syns each, as most sausages around that meat grade tend to be. So now it's a meal we only have once in awhile, would rather use the syns on chocolate! :D

FWIW, the meat content on the SW ones is actually pretty good - better than the standard supermarket ones anyway. But they use citrus pulp instead of rusk to keep them free, which I think is what gives them their odd flavour. I don't mind them, but wouldn't rush to buy them again either.

I like the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary ones. They are syn free and taste a bit like stuffing, but are very nice, especially for a veggie sausage imo.

Oh no I like them but I spray them with fry light and cook them in the acti fry. Have you got a butchers near you that do slimming world free sausages I have a couple near me they do nice ones pork and a venison I think but they tend to charge more for them. X

I tried them but weren't too keen. My husband threw his in the bin saying they were disgusting. I may try the LM onion and rosemary ones though as a few people have commented that they are nice. Will have to try to find something I like though as I do love a bit of 'sausage and mash' every now and again.

Back