Slimming World Spag Bol but higher superfree ratio and extra tasty

Beautyxx

Here i just played with the SW spag bol receipe but increasing the superfree ratio, bulking out the sauce and making it extra filling and healthy.

It was really satisfying so i thought i would share my tweeks.

Spaghetti Bolognaise
(Higher Superfree Ratio – with extra texture)

4 Servings – Extra Easy – Syn free (1½ with parmesan)

Fry Light, for spraying
2 small red onions, roughly chopped
250g extra lean minced beef
5/6 Mushrooms sliced
1 Red Pepper sliced
1 x 397g can chopped tomatoes
2 Beef Oxo in 8fl oz water
1 level tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 courgette grated
4/5 carrots grated
Celery heart finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp Italian herbs
283g spaghetti, dried

Method

1. Spray a pan with Fry Light and cook the onions for 2/3 minutes until just softened. Stir in the mince and cook for 2–3 minutes until browned.

2. Stir in the mushrooms and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce followed by the grated courgette, carrot and celery. Add the Italian herbs and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 / 20 minutes until reduced and thickened.

3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted boiling water, with a few sprays of fry light (helps the pasta stay separate later) as per the packet instructions, until just tender. Drain and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with the Bolognese sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if you fancy (1½ Syns per level tbsp).

Mmm sounds nice!!! Its hard to get enough superfree with spagbol so thank you! I tried the recipe on the sw recipe last night an it tasted more like just mince an onions :/

That sounds yummy, but it doesn't sound like it produces a lot, 250g extra lean minced beef for 4 servings, we use double that in my house for the 4 of us and they are by no means massive portions

I know it doesn't sound a lot but that's what I used and it fed four and we ate loads.

The trick really is with the crates carrot and courgette it really fills out the sauce and ur right it's not a lot of meat so the ratio of superfree is much higher - but u dont notice that there is not much meat at the carrot and courgette take on the meat flavour and really bulk the sauce.

Won't be for everyone but I much preferred it to the SW version - also more cost effective as extra lean beef I got from lidle in 250g packs for less than £2 a pack.

I fed it to my other half and my dad and both agreed it was really nice - neither of them are on SW either but happy to eat this version.

I always make extra spag bol cause me and my mum who do SW together have it for lunch at work the next day with our HE cheese mmm! Aldi's is really good for cheap meat! Loads of good offers on at the minute!

Back