Slimming world v atkins

slimming lizard

Wonder what your opinions were on SW original versus Atkins . Both low carb and I've lost with both. SW is easier to stick to but atkins really works at reducing my sweet tooth and reducing portion size.

slimming lizard said:
Wonder what your opinions were on SW original versus Atkins . Both low carb and I've lost with both. SW is easier to stick to but atkins really works at reducing my sweet tooth and reducing portion size.

As far as I know, Atkins is ketogenic isn't it??

Yes it is and when I'm in ketosis I have a very reduced appetite which is a real plus for me. I have my veggies and feel Atkins is working well . It's just the flexibility that SW gives. I'm thinking I will stick at Atkins for a while more till I get a stone off and then do SW red :)

I would say slimming world would be better, I treid atkins and Its not something I would stick too longterms, you cant have carbs so I started craving bread really bad. At least with slimming world you can have both

Slimming world isn't low carb. You can still eat pasta rice potatoes couscous as free foods so it's just bread cereal and similar products you have to syn. Personally I can't do a diet that completely bans an entire food group. I'd find it too restrictive.

EE isn't low carb, but the Original/Red plan is low carb, generally you syn them or can have a few in one of your healthy extras for the day. Original/Red focuses mainly on fruit,veg and meat.

I switched from atkins to slimming world and have to say i did atkins because i wanted a quick fix stuck to it rigidly and Jared every minute and to be honest didnt get the dramatic losses that i wanted i felt sluggish irritabile constipated and was so very unhappy i had to try a New approach so i joined sw .... Sw Is not a quick fix it takes time but tbh after the joys of atkins i just wanted to eat normally which i have found sw allows me to do so far ive lost 1.5 Stone and feel like a different person i will not do faddy quick fix diets ever again im looking at the long term now i would rather lose it slow and keep it off than yo yo like i used to

I echo everyone above, Atkins is good for a 'quick fix', but isn't a healthy way to lose and keep off weight. I'd say stick with SW, as I don't agree with any diet that demonises food groups.
(Also I've known a few people who've done Atkins, it really DOES make you smell funny!)

Hey all, I tried Atkins many years ago and it does work but I felt it was very limited. I started SW 6 weeks ago and have found it a lot easier to follow and much more varied than Atkins. Plus I love the group meets each week, really helps to keep you focused. For me personally I would choose SW but everyone is different. Clair x

Back