Extra Easy Slimming world vs the shift worker

Evie_sw

Thought I'd start this journal to keep track of how I'm doing and gain any tips/advice. Started slimming world 6 days ago and so far so good! Been on plan the whole time (early days) and have been writing things down on my paper food diary. My problem is my shift work so thought I'd use this to track my weight loss and shifts and find patterns!

First weigh in: 13st 9lbs. Should weigh in tomorrow but I'm on a long day so will be weighing in at a different group Thursday!

So today, I was on training 8-4.30 so a normal day
Breakfast: mixed frozen berries, fat free natural yoghurt and Hifi light (half my hex b)

Snack: Hifi light (other half hex b)

Lunch: chicken salad (lettuce, tons, cucumber, pepper, pickled onions and beetroot)

Dinner: mushrooms and bacon (fat removed) fried in fry light mixed with quark and seasoned. Served with new pots and tons of broccoli and carrots

I've had no hex a yet or Syns but I'm going to have 250ml semi skimmed milk and maybe a kit Kat (5.5 Syns). Really struggle getting Syns in on work days!

Changed my mind, had strawberries and fat free Greek yogurt with a meringue nest crumbled on top mixed with a options white hot chocolate sachet (4.5 Syns total)

Will have my milk warmed up before bed as my hex a!

Today on a long day (7am-7.30pm)

Breakfast: frozen berries, Greek yog, Hifi light (1/2 hex b)

Lunch: new pots, mushrooms and bacon in quark, green beans + broccoli. Apple.

Got another Hifi light and nectarine for my last break. No idea what to have for dinner. Maybe cheese (hex a) and tomato pasta with salad. Could have a cheeky slice of garlic bread for my Syns too!

Haha it helps that I can't eat (I'm an a&e nurse)!

Too tired to cook pasta after work so I've made 2 slices of toast (8syns) with my healthy extra of reduced fat cheese with mushrooms and tomatoes.

Weigh in tomorrow!

Aaah that makes more sense! To be fair Iwas doing 15 hour days as a hotel manager and not eating as much as I do now in 8! It's good in some ways when you don't have time!

I would recommend batch cooking and freezing things so that when you're too tired you don't have to cook, only reheat :)

Definitely worth investing in. It's really easy to fall off the wagon and have takeaway etc when you're tired after work, but if you can reheat in 5 mins it takes that problem away. Asda do some really great frozen diced onions/garlic etc, so I don't even have to spend loads of time chopping now, I've just got loads of them in the freezer.

I've only lost 2.5lbs. Feeling abit crap tbh! Everyone else has big losses first time that I know.

Breakfast: fruit salad (melon, grapes, apples and banana) with fat free Greek yoghurt

Snack: Hifi light (3syns)

Lunch: chicken salad

It's not "only" 2.5lbs it's a really good loss! Don't worry what other people have lost, your body is your body and it operates differently to everyone else's. You're heading in the right direction so chin up!

Thanks, trying to decide whether to have the stir fry I planned for tonight or sack it all off and have the chippy I've been craving!

Only nothing.... 2 and a half pounds is fantastic in a week... whether it's the first week or not :D

Thanks girls, pity party over!

I had a kit Kat (5.5syns)when I got home and 4 chocolate buttons (the packet is 4 Syns so I've guessed 1syn) then stopped myself. Decided on slimming world chips with my hex a of reduced fat cheddar and some beans. Salad for my speed food.

I can do this

Yes.... Yes you can :D

I started off so well today!

Breakfast: wheetabix, melon, Apple and strawberries with milk (hex a)

Snack: nectarine

Lunch: mushroom, tomato, ham and pepper omelette with side salad. Table spoon of light mayo (2 Syns)

Dinner: mushroom stir fry (carrot, cabbage, mushrooms, bean sprouts, peppers). I was gonna have noodles but it was just me and the veg needed using so there was loads.

Then I went to help decorate the float for the local gala and we ended up drinking pimms and lemonade!! 16 Syns worth!! No snacks for me tonight haha

Haha, yeah it's really depressing isn't it! I think that's where I go wrong sometimes, I don't consider the drinks to be fattening when they are. But it's so boring sticking with tap water! Lol.

Wish me luck for today! On the float there is always loads of sweets and crisps (to keep all the kids still lol) and I'm child free this evening so I'm going to have to resist a takeaway!

Breakfast: tomatoes on toast (hex b)

Snack: Hifi light (3 Syns)

Lunch I'm going to wolf down some egg and beans with the the kids just before we leave so I'm not tempted to snack

Dinner will be whatever we buy from the shop (I'm going to persuade for steak so I can do slimming world chips and salad)

Step away from the takeaway lol.... what are you doing with your child free time... maybe you could do something crafty (keep you busy) or have a bit of pampering :D

Back