Slimming world without Joining - You're my support group!! Forum Newbie!

VictoriaJ

Hello all!

This is a bit scary I haven't joined a forum for years! I don't know what the hell I'm doing lol!

Anyway, I joined Slimming world this time last year. Absolutely loved it, I think its such a good plan. I got Ill around the end of the year for a few months and put the slimming on the back burner but now I'm ready to start again but cant really afford to go to the support groups.

I've downloaded all the starter packs off the website (healthy extras, syns, etc) and bought the 2012 food directory from ebay. The only thing Im missing is the support group! Any tips or tricks anyone has would be much appreciated! :D

So I hope I can meet some new friends here so we can support each other and this time, I want to get the job done!

Thanks all! :)

You might want to check out the SW forum, theres a huge support thread for people doing SW at home

Hi Victoria,

I am doing slimming world from home too - I don't have a lot of weight to lose anymore as I lost most of my flab 4 years ago! But I am finding the last little bit tough and as I love cooking so much, slimming world really suits me. This is why I do it from home as I know I can do it if I stick to plan!

The only tip I have is plan plan plan! I find I can fall off so easy if I don't know what I am eating for the next week, but if I write down a plan its so much easier to stick to it and also look forward to your meals!

I have only joined the forum recently too but been a slimming world fan for a while!

xxxx

Thanks for the welcome both!

You are right, Finn. I need to plan, that's something I haven't been doing and I think it will help me a lot!

I'm officially starting from Monday, but have been breaking into a pattern gently this week and getting used to it again. Thanks for the support and good luck with the little weight you have left to lose too! :) xx

Hi folks,
I'm a SW at home girl too, there's is a thread for us lot to use. Hopefully we can all help each other get to where we want to be, I need to shift 30lbs but will be happy with even 20!
Here's to a successful few weeks xx

Thanks Victoria and hi Kate! Weighed today and down another pound so only 8 to go! I am really pleased as I have reached this point previously but only maintained and gradually creeped up a bit so it has given me the determination to really stick to it this time!

Have you made a plan for this week yet?
x

8 to go that's fab, well done you. No, no plan, I buy as I go, hunt for new recipes at lunch then buy it on way home, not the best way but only me and OH at home and things go to waste otherwise.
Do plans really work? X

I really find they do as I am so easily strayed! Like last week hubby had a good result at work, I had no dinner planned so he twisted my arm to celebrate with pizza eek! If I write down what I am having I am much more likely to stick to it (not always though) but it makes it much easier to keep on track!

I am just writing mine now but have left one evening free as I know I will get dragged out (screaming against my will) for dinner or round the MIL one night xxx

Welcome Kate! I did notice the thread after I'd made this, its a great boost to know so many people are having success doing the plan from home!

I have made a plan for the week now, Finn. I put it on a spreadsheet and it calculates how many spare syns I have left after my plan, I can send it to you if you fancy having it. I'm going to keep a food diary along side to keep track of snacks and drinks etc outside of the plan.

Nice to meet you both, heres to a good week! :)

I may have to look at this plan thing, at least buy the hardy food and maybe buy the veg etc as I need it. I can see why it would be a big help and stop straying.
I'm hoping for a really good week this week, I am on a mission, have my head on straight and looking to kick some butt (preferably my own rather large one!) :rolleyes:

I have a spreadsheet too! Although mine doesn't calculate my syns for my plan, just the ones I write in after I have eaten the meal ha! I love spreadsheets, I even made a formula that can calculate what percentage of my HEA I have had as I have a few cups of tea in a day which is not enough milk for my HE so it then tells me how many laughing cow triangles I can munch in the evening mmmm!

I have a spreadsheet too! Although mine doesn't calculate my syns for my plan, just the ones I write in after I have eaten the meal ha! I love spreadsheets, I even made a formula that can calculate what percentage of my HEA I have had as I have a few cups of tea in a day which is not enough milk for my HE so it then tells me how many laughing cow triangles I can munch in the evening mmmm!

Thats awesome! Yeah they are brilliant, so handy. I use them for everything!

Hi. I did exactly the same as you. Lost a stone through going to group and think it's a great plan. I then had an operation and the lbs have started to creep up Slipped a bit but am now doing it again at home with my old books. Can't get to group as have two small children and hubbie works long hours. I am hoping that I can still do it without the weekly weigh in. Good luck :)

ah I am now doing SW from home, cannot afford to keep going to group. I am on my last stone and finding it really tricky, but am hoping that after my holiday next week I can knuckle down to it properly again as all potential hiccups will be over and done with!

When I first started going to group, they gave me weekly food diaries, which I filled in religiously. I found it so much easier to track my syns and see just how much fruit and veg I was eating; I have been on the diet for 4 months now and still write down my food daily; I just feel that writing it down is my way of controlling it.

Also, I have the app on my phone so when you go shopping you can find the syn values of foods straight away and it is much less obvious than getting a massive food directory out of your handbag!

Good luck, you can do it!

Back