slimming world

Hi i keep thinking about doing sw but haven't got my bum in gear to get bits for it and dont no how it works can someone tell me please thanks x

It's very easy!

You get lots of free food, which you can eat unlimited (Until you are satisfied)

There are 3 plans, Extra Easy, Red(Original) , Green

Extra Easy makes it very simple in the fact you can mix potato/pasta etc with meat

Green is ideal if you dont like 'much' meat and prefer pasta/potato - or vegetarian for example

Red is ideal if you dont like 'much' pasta/potato and prefer all meat

It's very easy to get to grips with, especially the EE plan! I follow this and have weighed in twice, and reached 1/2 stone off in 2 weeks!

SW groups are very welcoming, your weight is never spoken about (only your losses etc) Take that step, and you will never regret it :)

Get yourself along to a group, you wont look back :) I'll be 3 weeks in on wednesday and Loving it!

I had my 3rd weigh in tonight, and lost another 4lb, and got slimmer of the week again! I've lost 11lb in 3 weeks :) x

well done MRSM thats great

Mummymanda the best advice I can give you is to go along to a group! It will be the best thing you ever did!

At 4 weeks I lost a stone! I got slimmer of the week for the 3rd week running and slimmer of the month!

If I can do it, so can you! I have more to lose than you! There are 2 women In My group who in 58 weeks one has lost 4 stone and the other has lost 3 stone! Total motivation!

hi mumymanda
have a look at caretakers thread he joined slimming world and its turned is life around good luck on your journey love xx

You are doing great and its so kind of you to encourage another...

I am waiting for a voucher to come in the post as I have been referred by the doctor... I wanted it to come yesterday as I was hoping to start last night, but I was out of luck... poor me lol

I am really looking forward to it and will probably start with EE

Mummymanda- there is no need to be shy at slimming world you will be so surprised at the warm welcome and everyone is there for the same reason! By walking in to your first meeting you are taking the first step to becoming a new you :)

Im so glad I did it and you will be too!

Bloodcoveresprincess- its fantastic that you took the step to go to the dr and accept the referral! You won't regret it! Here's hoping the vouchers turn up in time for this weeks local group for you :)

good luck in your journey :)

I really enjoyed Slimming World, I could eat my favourite foods without being limited (I used to do mostly green days, as I'm not a great meat lover and I wasn't really keen on extra easy, as I liked my A and B allowances of milk and cheese etc.......). Also, I found the group support really helpful and it gave me the incentive to really knuckle down and achieve the losses. Good luck on your SW journey!

Mx

Bloodcoveresprincess- its fantastic that you took the step to go to the dr and accept the referral! You won't regret it! Here's hoping the vouchers turn up in time for this weeks local group for you :)

good luck in your journey :)

I actually went and asked for the referral... I have been slimming on my own for 17 months but have only lost 37 lbs.... according to the nurse/gp/endocrinologist my metabolism is mega slow due to stress and various health problems.... but that does not make me feel any better.

I wanted the referral because I am very isolated (I am at home looking after my son of 17 who has major health issues).

I don't think that my weight loss will necessarily speed up by going (but always hopeful) but I do need the support and to meet some new people would be great

The support definitely helps to keep me on track! I've not slipped up once since starting 5 weeks ago!

Well done on losing 37lb that in itself is an achievement so don't knock yourself down for that especially as you have done that all by yourself!

I have a new hobby.... glaring at the postman... for not bringing me my voucher yet

Back