Slimming world ?

katsmad64

Hi ill try and keep this brief .... I have been a Slimming World member for over 20 years and reached my target in the Summer of 2014 ( if I'm totally honest I started off following SW then switched to calorie counting to get to target ) which I maintained for 1 year . Last Summer I had an injury which left me immobile which meant weight gain of 21lbs . The last couple of weeks I've been able to drive so rejoined group. The first week I followed SP 100% and lost 2lbs and this week gained 1/2 lb dohuhing EE 100% on plan . This seems to happen to me every time so don't know why I keep returning ? I really only have a small amount to get back in target range 9.5 lbs . I'm just deciding my next move and think I've given myself the answer while writing this . For some unknown reason SW is very slow for me I don't know why it just is the way it is . I do think it's very good for maintaining plus it's very healthy and I 100% wish it would work for me as I'd like 1_2 lb off per week . I am over 50 and realistic about weight loss being a bit slower but it was the same when I was younger . Don't want to be a moaner but just wondered if there are any other members who feel or have been through the same . Basically when I have been on plan for 2 weeks and loose 1.5 lbs it's disappointing and I really don't want to go back there again up and down the same few lbs life's too short plus costs a fortune ! See what next week brings x

Hey Kats, it seems to me you are either trying to talk yourself into another regime or into not doing anything as you say life's too short? Is that fair comment? If you find that SW isn't for you then maybe ring the changes. If SW worked for everyone all the time then no other plans would exist and as you say SW is good for maintaining and a healthy lifestyle but the main criticism I have read when people abscond to WW for example is it doesn't do anything for portion control and for some (myself included at times) this can be the heart of the problem. All the free food sounds wonderful but in reality no one ever got slim eating pasta for breakfast lunch and dinner or mug shots or ten muller lights a day. Yet these foods are technically "free".
What I found works is listening to the oft overlooked point that slimming world advocates eating until you are no longer hungry. Not eating until you are stuffed.

Many of us are here because we have learned to ignore our natural full point and just keep going.

You're right lickthelid . I've decided I'm going to stick with SW but as you said watch portion control . My problem is I listen to what others are doing and when I try it it doesn't work . I've never been able to eat lots even healthy foods and get a good weight loss . Thanks for the advice I really should know better at my age ! We're all different and what works for one doesn't necessarily works for all . X

I honestly think that's the only real problem with this plan for a lot of people. At the moment I know I can eat loads and lose weight because I've been here before but I also know that as the weight comes off the portion sizes are going to have to go down. Last time I found that happened naturally. It's hard for me to judge right now as I'm breastfeeding and could eat for England but once that stops I'll have to check myself too!! I'm glad you are sticking with us! Xx

Back