SlimToBeSamples road to recovery - the Ups & Downs

MrsSlimToBeSample

Well I finally have my head in the game after doing JUDDD diet for 4 weeks it has taught me a lot about my body and it's need (or rather lack of it!) for food - and also to drink my water allowance daily haha!

I "left" SW in Nov, I basically went on holiday to America and never went back to class. It just wasn't working for me before I went on holiday and I didn't really loose much of anything, I was in a vicious circle of thinking I hadn't lost that week, so then had a blow out, which resulted in obviously not loosing the following week and so it continued with me half heatedly staying on plan. I have put on a little weight since leaving class, but only 7lb so I don't think that is TOO bad in 6 months but I don't want it to continue as this is what happened in the first place, half a stone/a stone up every 6 months eventually means you have A LOT to loose!

Right on time my old consultant messaged me on FB to say about the offer in Reveal mag, her class round the corned from me is not suitable time wise, but she has a class about 15 mins drive from me so I am going to join that one as I really liked her as a consultant - so I went out last night and drove round 4 shops for a copy of Reveal (I didn't realise last night was the last sale day for the mag DOH) and luckily found 2 copies (my friend is re joining with me after loosing 3.5 stone and putting about 1.5 back on also since November) so I am heading back tonight and I am determined to make it work this time!

I have been half heatedly attempting to loose weight for ...... feels like forever - probably the best part of 10 years. What is annoying is "back then" when I thought I was a heifer I was a size 14 and looking back at pictures I actually looked pretty alright - I wasn't the skinniest girl obviously but I was alright. My tummy was quite flat and I certainly didn't have bingo wings and a double chin.....oh how I dream to get back to that point again!! I am sick of saying "I will do it properly next week" as it's just carrying on forever and when will it end unless I end it? I know I am fitter now than I was as I did the C25K program, I have stopped running at the moment as my son now does some activities on Wed, Thurs and Fri night, I find it hard to fit it in - but I may steal (borrow and never return lol) my dad's bike and try and get on that even if just for 20 mins a night, that has got to be better than nothing!

I have lots of mini goals (as listed in my sig) but my main aim is April 2014, to be comfortable by then. It is my brothers wedding in Mexico. There isn't many going, me, hubby & kids, my folks, his girlfriends folks and her sister, her fella & kids, possibly 2 of my brothers friends and their families, but the biggest lady that would be going (baring me) is like a size 12/14 and I just do NOT want to be ashamed, embarrassed and not enjoy myself all cause of my weight...no double cheeseburger is worth that! I Want to play happily with my kids on the beach and not only play where I can position myself behind a baggy kaftan and sneak in the sea carrying one of them so no one can see my wobbly bits to well - I want to lie on the sun bed in my cossy/kini and then just get up and walk to the sea with them if they ask me to, or sit on the sand and build things rather than try and get a kaftan/baggy top on over me while I'm lying down to minimise bulge haha. I would love to buy holiday clothes I LIKE rather than I have to as they are the only ones that fit! When I went to America I had lost a stone from the previous time I went on holiday and even that stone made a difference to what I could by and I managed to get some stuff that was my style and that I actually liked and it felt GOOD being able to do that - imagine the possibilities ha!

I have to stop kidding myself "I'm not that big". The other week my son (just gone 6) was talking about someone on you've been framed, and he said WOW that man is really big, like REALLY big, he is Fat, like you mummy, you're not as Fat as him though but just Fat.....then he stopped, looked at me and followed up with "but you are beautiful and I love your wobbly belly" which I think was a compliment haha. My 22 month old daughters favorite thing to do is make me lie down, climb on my legs and straddle my thighs and then lift my top up and wobble my flubba singing "wibble wobble". How nice for me haha!

Anyway that is my opening dribble and I will be back with an update once class is joined.....wish me luck!

Last edited:
What are your kids going to do when they haven't got anything to wobble haha

Hi Claire - how did you find the fasting? I found it easy really but it didn't seem to be having much of a loss on the scales although I did loose some CM when it wasn't showing on the scales. You are supposed to feel loads better at 2/4 weeks with it, but I felt no different haha!

Class went well - It's an average sized class which is good as the consultant is the same one I was with before but my old class was massive and always ran over which I didn't like as usually had loads of ironing/cleaning to do at home before bed haha (oh what a wonderful life). So it finished a little before "time" which was good, the scales were a different story haha. When I was doing the JUDDD they were up and down like a yoyo, one day would be 17s 9lb the next 18s 1lb, I did JUDDD right up till yesterday and so scales popped in at a whopping 18s 2lb (shameful), I'm hoping it was one of those big JUDDD fluctuations and that this week my body will sort it's self off and have a decent loss. That will give me a big boost!!

I am currently having a whole grapefruit (I don't actually like these that much I realised ha) a handful of grapes topped with a rasb & cran muller light. I have also brought with me cottage cheese, turkey, salad and more fruit.

I think I will try and make time to jump on the wii fit tonight

Well today is going OK. I must plan a better breakfast tomorrow as yoghurt and fruit don't fill me evidently!

I had 1 grapefruit, a hand full of grapes and a muller light over the top, started it at around 8.20am (at work) and ate slowly so didn't finish till about 8.45 and by 9.30 I was hungry, so I pushed on till nearly 10am and then I had a banana, by 10.30 I wanted my lunch! I pushed on till 11.30 and had a slice of Chicken to "put me on" till 12. At 12 I had half my lunch, 3 wholemeal crisp breads and 70% fat free cottage cheese, I then walked on to Asda and back (1 mile round trip) and was hungry again so I finished my lunch 3 more crisp breads and cottage cheese, also 2 more slices of chicken. At 2 pm, you guessed it I was hungry again, so I had a packet of Walkers Hoops & Crosses, and ive been hungry for about 20 mins so I am about to embark on a peach!

It seems every hour my tummy is grumbling so I am obviously not eating enough but I didn't bring anything else to work as I thought what I had brought would be enough - clearly not! I must plan a better breakfast for tomorrow. Tonight I am making the SW quiche which I am gonna back with Bacon & roasted Veg and will have that with cous cous or a salad tomorrow for lunch I think that should fill me more!

Tonight is turkey burgers for tea. I have turkey mince but hubby said it is awful (i've never had it) so gonna try the turkey burgers tonight, then do the shami kebabs with the other pack for the weekend - I hope they are nice!

I don't mind mince turkey though I wouldn't say its the best, pretty good in burgers though especially if you add some spring onions and lime juice to the mix

Yeah Ally89 I didn't think they would work but I made the turkey burgers last night and they were delicious! Adapted the recipe a bit to make it spicy though. My DS who is the fussiest eater on earth tried a bit of mine and asked for one, he had about a quater till his mouth started burning, the poor boy, so wouldn't eat anymore bust asked me to make them again with no spice in his....or no funny purple bits (red onion) lol.

So yeah tea last night was delicious I did the turkey burgers with SW chips and a bacon & mushroom salad and a dip which was 2 syns. It was a plate full, filled me up and even hubby (fussy eater No 2 which is where I think DS gets it from) polished it all off and we shared another burger! It filled me up for the evening and I didn't get peckish at all!
turkey_burgers.JPG

Before bed I made a quiche, well 2 actually which turned out OK I think
quiche.jpeg

Today I have come armed with a bag full of food! I have had Porridge for breaky made with water, I added a little milk once cooked. I had a teaspoon of sweetener in it which I added to the dry porridge before cooking as I find porridge with water really bland....yack sweetener is worse. I forgot I can only use this when cooking as in things like porridge I can really taste it. I don't think it even sweetens it up, just makes it taste weird. I have one of the quiches, I popped half of it in a Tupperware with a big salad for lunch (with some of my 2 syn special sauce ha) and then the other half in a box for snacks incase I get peckish, I have the left over turkey burger with me as well which I may bung in with lunch and banana, 2 nectarines and 1 kiwi and a muller light. It's safe to say I shouldn't get hungry today!

I was silly and got on the scales last night - why do I do this. I know it fluctuates and I can't get a true reading until next weigh in [mental note to self - stop being a div]

I keep getting on the scales too, going to make my mum take the battery out so i can stand on them but not get a reading :p

haha good plan, I have hidden mine before but hubby always gets them back out as he likes to weigh himself, don't know why, he is a beanpole ha!

Well yesterday went well, the extra food was brill and I was not hungry all day. I really like that SW Quiche! I sit next to a guy at work who is a body builder outside of work, he has a VERY strict eating regime but he took the recipe from me, worked out all the stuff he needed and said it is gonna be perfect for a breakfast quiche for him and is looking forward to the change from his usual Egg Whites he drinks lol. He is just gonna switch out 6 eggs for 3 eggs and 3 egg whites (hopefully that won't mess up the quiche too much) - if it's good for a body builder, it's good for me ha!

Today I'm making my way through quiche no2 and salad/fruit/muller lights as need to keep my syns down today as It's movie night at home tonight and the boys are having pizza so I am going to make my own with the Warburtons Squares that are 8syns and some roasted veg, chicken & fetta and topped with extra like mozzarella, yummy I can not wait!

all the calories are in the yolks, i guess ditching 3 yolks won't make all that much difference to a quiche as long as it has a few in there.

Good luck on your journey. When I started SW I was eating loads and loads. I would have a large fruit bowl for breakfast, cottgae cheese and fruit at 10 and 2 bowls of soup for lunch! I think my head was trying to prove that you can not possibly lose weight by eating more than you used to eat- it didnt make sense!

all the calories are in the yolks, i guess ditching 3 yolks won't make all that much difference to a quiche as long as it has a few in there.

Yeah I he has a very strict calorie intake and also protein and fats etc which is why he removed some of the yolks or he would be over his "remit" so to speak - if it doesn't make a difference that's good!

Good luck on your journey. When I started SW I was eating loads and loads. I would have a large fruit bowl for breakfast, cottgae cheese and fruit at 10 and 2 bowls of soup for lunch! I think my head was trying to prove that you can not possibly lose weight by eating more than you used to eat- it didnt make sense!

Thanks anju. I think it's a mental thing as well, my friend who is doing it with me emailed me and said "EH I'm so hungry all the time - what is happening" mine is tailoring off a bit now though so maybe my subconscious is adjusting!

I am feeling more positive right now than I have EVER been....I know it is only day 3 haha but I have not even "missed" anything or craved anything which by now I usually would have then ended up eating it anyway due to my shocking will power!

Hi Claire - how did you find the fasting? I found it easy really but it didn't seem to be having much of a loss on the scales although I did loose some CM when it wasn't showing on the scales. You are supposed to feel loads better at 2/4 weeks with it, but I felt no different haha!

Class went well - It's an average sized class which is good as the consultant is the same one I was with before but my old class was massive and always ran over which I didn't like as usually had loads of ironing/cleaning to do at home before bed haha (oh what a wonderful life). So it finished a little before "time" which was good, the scales were a different story haha. When I was doing the JUDDD they were up and down like a yoyo, one day would be 17s 9lb the next 18s 1lb, I did JUDDD right up till yesterday and so scales popped in at a whopping 18s 2lb (shameful), I'm hoping it was one of those big JUDDD fluctuations and that this week my body will sort it's self off and have a decent loss. That will give me a big boost!!

I am currently having a whole grapefruit (I don't actually like these that much I realised ha) a handful of grapes topped with a rasb & cran muller light. I have also brought with me cottage cheese, turkey, salad and more fruit.

I think I will try and make time to jump on the wii fit tonight

Hi Mrs S,

I didn't find the fasting difficult either, it just didn't help me lose weight. I think I probably over-ate on the other days because I just felt that I could lol. I didn't try JUDDD but the 5:2 plan.

I went to Ascot yesterday and polished off 2 bottles of wine, a few bacardis and an indian! Behaved mostly at the indian with tandoori chicken but the alcohol will probably be my weeks syns. Today im really picky and want something sweet. Been good so far but going to have to go to Tesco and pick up some fruit to get me through the night !

Yeah Ally89 I didn't think they would work but I made the turkey burgers last night and they were delicious! Adapted the recipe a bit to make it spicy though. My DS who is the fussiest eater on earth tried a bit of mine and asked for one, he had about a quater till his mouth started burning, the poor boy, so wouldn't eat anymore bust asked me to make them again with no spice in his....or no funny purple bits (red onion) lol.

So yeah tea last night was delicious I did the turkey burgers with SW chips and a bacon & mushroom salad and a dip which was 2 syns. It was a plate full, filled me up and even hubby (fussy eater No 2 which is where I think DS gets it from) polished it all off and we shared another burger! It filled me up for the evening and I didn't get peckish at all!
View attachment 96635

Before bed I made a quiche, well 2 actually which turned out OK I think
View attachment 96636

Today I have come armed with a bag full of food! I have had Porridge for breaky made with water, I added a little milk once cooked. I had a teaspoon of sweetener in it which I added to the dry porridge before cooking as I find porridge with water really bland....yack sweetener is worse. I forgot I can only use this when cooking as in things like porridge I can really taste it. I don't think it even sweetens it up, just makes it taste weird. I have one of the quiches, I popped half of it in a Tupperware with a big salad for lunch (with some of my 2 syn special sauce ha) and then the other half in a box for snacks incase I get peckish, I have the left over turkey burger with me as well which I may bung in with lunch and banana, 2 nectarines and 1 kiwi and a muller light. It's safe to say I shouldn't get hungry today!

I was silly and got on the scales last night - why do I do this. I know it fluctuates and I can't get a true reading until next weigh in [mental note to self - stop being a div]

the quiche looks gorgeous. how'd you make it?

Looks like we had the same experience with the fasting then!! I think I am the same, ate what I wanted (and not all the right things either!) and too much of it to boot!!

How was Ascot? Did you have any wins. I love the races but have not been for years - I think we will have to plan a trip as York race course is not to far from us. Did you save your syns up knowing there was going to be booze and curry involved? You did well after the booze to stick to a decent curry though, it's then I usually go off the rails ha!! Did you manage to make it through your sweet craving with just fruit then?

This is the recipe I used for the Quiche :-

500g Low Fat cottage cheese
6 Medium sized eggs
Anything to add in Veg/meat wise (I just did 1 pepper, 1/2 a white onion and 4 rashers of bacon chopped up - fat removed)
30g Strong cheddar cheese - grated(I like strong when cooking so you can still taste it!)

All I did was tip the cottage cheese in a bowl, blended it up with a hand blender so that it wasn't cottage cheese lumpy (lol) then broke 6 eggs straight in to it and mixed it all up with a fork, added a bit of salt & pepper. I fry lighted a frying pan and cooked off the veg/bacon till soft/cooked (you can do the veg raw if you want it crunchy). I put the veg/bacon in the bottom of the tin (I think the tins are 7 inch round and quite shallow so I split the mix in 2, but you could do it all in 1 if you have a bigger tin or an actual quiche dish), poured over the cottage cheese/Egg mix, sprinkled the grated cheese on top and popped it in the oven for about 30 mins on 180 (I have a fan oven). When it came out it was really risen but it went down while cooling. It was sooo good, I left them out to cool over night and took one in to work and it was ok but fell apart a bit, the other one had been in the fridge for 24 hours and stayed together firm so I would recommend sticking them in the fridge for a bit. I am soooo making more of these for next weeks lunches at work!

wow super proud of myself. Tonight I am working, it isn't often I have to work weekends but as I work in IT for a building society they do the big system change releases at a weekend every 6 weeks, tonight was my weekend to do one, usually its 4pm-9pm if nothing goes wrong, you guessed it I'll be here till about 1am if not a bit later and I have to be back in at 8am YAWN. Anyway the boss rang to check up and to say we could all get food and she will put it on expenses, so they decided to go to McDonalds as there is one next door to us, so Free food, it's late, I'm angry I'm gonna be here till 1am due to peoples errors which could of been avoided so I ordered a large.......Sprite Zero!! Yep you read that right, I turned down a free McD's even though in about 15 mins this office is gonna stink of it!

I had pasta earlier, I'm a little peckish now but have a muller, banana, and nectarine in my bag, worst case they sell skips in the vending machine which will still keep me in my allowance!

I am so chuffed with myself.....I know I am in Week 1, but this was a BIG test for me and I passed - granted my thin self and fat self had a bit of a punch up about it, but thin me won! WHOOOOOP

Well tonight is the big night - weigh in number 1.

Fingers crossed for a decent loss. I haven't done any exercise which is BAAAAD but I need to try and find time to work this in to my busy schedule - even if I can just manage 20 mins on the wii fit or Just dance a nice, or if I DL the 30 day shred I need to do SOMETHING at least. I now have my dads bike, if I combine a quick 20 min ride round the village on none rainy days that will help as well. As Asda say "every little helps"

I had the magic porridge for breaky this morning. I know I had, had it before but it was a LONG time again, me memory was that I liked it, but I couldn't remember what it tasted like. I did it with a Rasb/cran muller and I had a spoonful cold and it was nice, I warmed it up and it was yummy, be warned though it does taste a lot sweeter warmed up, but I much preferred it to warm porridge. I think I will do the next one with a vanilla one and have it with some strawberries or something. I think if I did it with a toffee one and had fruit with it, it would make a good pudding!

It doesn't look very appetising though but you should still try it!
magicpor.JPG

I have lots of fruit and some more left over turkey burgers with salad for lunch - I have some cous cous in my draw so I may bulk it up a bit with that as I dont have a bit portion of salad as I under estimated how much we will be having ha!

Tonights tea will be Chinese treat! I am going to peruse the website to see which is the lowest syns for what I like, I am giving up my all time favourite of Salt & pepper quid as it is fried in batter :0( I like lots of other things though, and my chinese is quite good if they do a dish that is in batter (for example there chilli chicken) they will make it without batter if you request it (I just think the squid will be bland if it is batter-less!)

Last edited:
sounds like you are really focussed. Porridge looks great, might have to give it go for a change. Good luck with WI tonight. I am off to get weighed tonight as well.

Back