Slimtoswim's journey into a bikini!

Hello

Well my husband and I started Exante Total Solution last Sunday so tomorrow is weigh in day for us.

I was naturally very skinny as a child but as soon as I hit my mid 20's I started to put on weight. I've tried just about every diet going but being a real foodie I have nearly always failed to reach my goal. I also had a baking business until recently which didn't help! I did Lighterlife after my first child and lost 3 stone and was the slimmest I'd been since my early 20's which was great. Unfortunately 1 child later I have put on all of that and some more.

Went on holiday recently and felt very uncomfortable being on the beach and by the pool and would love to be able to swim and enjoy family life without worrying about how I look all the time.

Have had a sneaky look at the scales already this week but will post my weight loss for the week tomorrow.

First couple of days were hard as I knew they would be but getting better. Worst part is making kids food when we're not eating. Have resorted to ready meals and fresh veg (which doesn't tempt me!) for the first time in our lives to make this a bit easier.

Bought a 6 week bumper pack with a ******* voucher. Porridge is great and so are shakes but neither of us can stomach the soups - too gloopy - disgusting. Have made them into crisps instead which is much better.

Well better go and have another glass of water - look forward to reading more diaries!

Well one week in and its 8lb down which is a great start! My trousers are already feeling too big. Goal this week is to get into the 13's which would also mean nearly a stone lost in two weeks. Going to get the bike out and do a bit of cycling this week to help things along. Hubby lost 10lb so he's boasting!

Why do men lost weight so much quicker????? Hubby has now lost 12lb and I've been stable for two days :(
We're about the same weight but it's falling off of him much faster and I've got more to lose!

That's a great tart...well done

Hi Shrimp!

Thanks for the encouragement but feeling slightly depressed! I probably shouldn't but I do weigh myself every day and I haven't lost anything for 3 days :( Hubbie on the other hand has lost another 6 pounds argh I could scream!!!!!!

At last scales are moving again 2lb down since Sunday. Going away for weekend and staying with friends but have told them not to cook for us as we will be taking shakes! Will have to weigh in on Monday when we get back - would love to be into 12's even if its only by half a pound!

Hi Slim to swim. You've had a fabulous loss so far. After my first week I've only lost between 1 and 3 lb each week but altogether I've lost nearly 2stone and I've lost every week. Men do tend to lose quicker as do younger people. You'll also hear of people who lose large amounts every week but they tend to be those with much more to lose than you.Stick at it and the weight will go!

Well was super good as usual over the weekend re diet, walked for 4 hours on Saturday and 7 hours on Sunday hoping to shift a bit more and only lost 1lb in 3 days! Feeling demoralised and fed up.

I am daily weigher, serial weigher in fact and after the 1st week I think it's prob best not to weigh everyday on exante, you've lost 11lbs in 2 weeks which is a lot of weight, I know from last time it falls off me the first 2 weeks and then I got a sts for week 3, was very upset about it, but then it settles down to 2-3lbs per week which is pretty much the right number. Ignore your husbands weight loss, men lose faster than women on any plan, as long as both of you are going down thats all that counts. I know how annoying it can be, but sometimes bodies just need to catch up with the weight loss, you'll find you've lost inches if not lbs, I promise

Hi
i knew hubby would lose it quicker but its really annoying! He now weighs less than me. On the positive side he only had another 5lb to hit target so hopefully I will overtake him again in a few weeks. I know I should probably not weigh everyday but last time I tried that I was nearly crying without my scales - so hard! 11lb is good and I should be happy you are right!

Well scales have started to shift again and was in the 12's this morning - yay!!!! Going out for dinner tomorrow night - has been booked for months but luckily it's a BBQ so have decided to have just meat and salad and get back to ts in Sunday. Supposed to be starting my week of eating but not going to as I know I'll find it hard to get back on the wagon again! Will do weekly weigh tomorrow instead if Sunday I think.

Hi S2S. You're doing well. Good luck with you're weigh in. Hope the BBQ goes OK.

How did the WI go and the BBQ

Hi thanks for asking how it went! It was ok actually! Because it was BBQ we both just stuck to meat and salad and avoided carbs and pudding. I stayed the same this morning which was good and have been 100% ts today! :) weight loss for week 2lb was hoping for more but I can live with that.

Hooray finally lost another 1lb to hit my first stone! 3 1/2 stone to go! Yikes!

Congratulations! Well done!

Really struggled yesterday evening for the first time and even had a tiny (about 10g) bit of cheese! Have lost another 1lb though so far this week so hoping for 3lb by end of week. Son's 4th birthday on Sunday and have lots of cakes to bake so will have to be very controlled!

Hi S2S. Looks like you're doing well. Hope your little boy's birthday is fun.

Hi lynne

party today - managed to cook tons of cakes yesterday and only nibbled a couple of crumbs! BBQ last night but abstained!

Had a good week overall 4lb lost which means 17lb in 4 weeks yippeee!

Well done. Hope you hav a lovely day.

Back