Slinky's journey to love herself....

slinky1131

Well. I started a diary and for the life of me I can't find it! So starting again. Hope I don't bore u all!
Starting date with AAW:
Tuesday 10th Jan 2012
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 15st 4lbs
Total loss so far: 34lbs

Started with s&s about 2 weeks ago and enjoying it although I mix it with some old AAW packs and some protein and veg. Just depends how I feel.
My goal weight is 11st although this may change the neater I get. This is the most successful I have EVER been on any diet for the last 19 years. I am separated with two wonderful boys (7and 4). My personal circumstances made me start losing weight. I'm trying so very hard to believe I'm worth something. Spent most of my adult life feeling like I'm not. Most of all I want to do as Whitney suggested...."learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all".
Have a great week everyone and let's see what this week brings......

image-323701944.jpg

image-3995410630.jpg

Are they the 34lbs difference photos... wow!! What an amazing difference. You look great.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and your doing it all for the right reasons xxx

I have realised that in my quest to lose weight and be less obsessed with food, I have simply swapped obsessed about eating food for being obsessed about not eating it!! I am glad my really evil cravings are now gone. I am content with my daily quota and not fussed about more. Had delicious chicken and salad for dinner
Last night only thing is I feel my tummy quite upset today and am quite windy?! (sorry of tmi!). We are supposed to be having a family night tonight which normally consists of pizza/Indian take away/chippy or something similar. Am not sure what going to do about that...... My boys want me to be involved and eating with them but I don't want to eat the same stuff they r eating?! Dilemma....

Hi slinky, just catching up on your diary, those photos are great! I wish I hadn't been so disgusted with myself and had actually taken one before I started.
I just got back from a week in center parcs and I had a couple of nice chicken salads while I was there. Felt normal sitting around the table eating like everyone else with a knife and fork but I knew I was sticking with the diet and it felt good!
Hope you survive the meal x

wow , you did that in 7 weeks, thats flipping amazing, slinky, you look so good, hope thats me in a few weeks .

Thanks! I worry that I've lost too quickly?! I do have a quick metabolism and I'm a fast loser. Can I ask why your profile pic is of kat?!x

Hi, Just wanted to say you have done and are doing amazing! Your pics are fab,and show newbies like myself that if you stay on the right track the results do show.So Thank's.xx

Well I messed up last night. I didn't even want to!! Family had a chippy and I gave in and it wasn't even nice. I had diet iron bru and a Ferrero Rocher too. I spent the rest of the night in bed suffering feeling sick and bloated. It was a disgusting feeling. I will not be repeating this EVER. I expect to put on around 3lbs for my debaucheries. I'm a silly girl. Need to get back into ketosis quick smart grrrrrrr

Love the diary name!!!... and don't worry about last night.. BIG, BLACK LINE and move on...

This is only Day 5 for me.. so you have done so, so well... and especially if you are also looking after 2 kids!

I do think you're looking for the same things as me alongside being a lot thinner and a lot healthier.. it's not just about the weight... it's learning to dealing with the emotions that come to the surface after you've removed the 'crutch'... and I think that's where I will struggle most...

Hope today is not too tough... this is my first weekend so expecting it to be hellish.. and then can only be better ... :) xxxx

WOW!!! Your pics are amazing! X

Only had one caramel pack and a bar so far as its stock take at work and I just don't have time! Am worried due to debauchery last night followed by not eating enough?!!....won't b finished till midnight :-((

You look amazing after just 7 weeks!!! I dont think you should beat yourself up too much about your slip up, get back on it and imagine what you will look like in another 7 weeks time x

well I weighed 12 11.5 this morning. This means I've only put on 1.5lbs for my chippy so that's good. I did no drink nearly enough fluid yesterday and now have a stonker of a headache. I was just so busy at work I only got my two breaks and I can't drink inbeteen on the shop floor :-(
I feel sore from head to foot and as if I'm on for something. I feel like I'm back in ketosis already (not even sure if that's possible) so hunger isn't an issue today. Will be going to mu mums later which is always a tough task for any dieter..."would you like a sandwich?" "no thanks mum, Im on my plan" "can't you just have a wee packet of crisps?" " no mum" "what about a wee slice of sultana cake?" "mum, I can't eat anything you have here!!" "well I don't like the sound of this diet, can't be good for you.." etc etc etc
She has said looking really healthy though so that's good.
Plan for this week....to try and remember how far I've come in the past 54 days and stop beating myself up about silly things. I also am thinking of switching over to Atkins soon. I'll still use a shake and a bar a day though

The photos are amazing Slinky! The amount you have lost from your stomach is incredible. Shout at me if you like (cos I always speak as I find!) but it looks like you have had a baby between the 2 photos, not been on a diet! :)

Goodness me!!! Just seen your pics, bloody well done you look great!!!!
Keep it up, hope i get results like that! xxx

Back