Slinky's New Diary

Hello everyone,
I am going to start Exante tomorrow. I have had the meal replacement packs hanging around for some time now and still have not started the diet! I have done the odd day here and there but have not stuck to it! I really need to stop kidding around now and make a serious start. Im not even sure of my exact weight right now but I want to lose about a stone. I am keeping this diary to make myself accountable. I am on here for the same reasons as many others on here - I simply struggle to stay away from foods that are tasty but bad for me. So if I do have a bad day I will still post a diary entry. Maybe I can encourage others not to give up by not giving up and getting back on track. But I plan to stick to it 100% No food just shakes, bars, soups, tea and coffee and LOT'S of water.

Bye till tomorrow. Goodnight x
Slinky

Day 1 over almost over. Yay! I managed to stay on track. Even went to the cinema with the kids and didnt pinch any of their popcorn or nachos (3 bits of popcorn! Doesn't really count on day 1 does it?! It was automatic and I stopped as soon as I realised.) Im struggling with the water though, only just about managed a 1 litre bottle!

Oh and I weighed my self this morning and im exactly 10 stones! This is good because I thought I was more. And some how being 10st on the dot motivates me more. Im 5'2" and I would like to lose a stone to get down to 9 stone. I would like to be slighty under 9st but lets see how it goes.

Great when you're lighter than you think you are and well done on getting through day 1! You'll lose that stone in no time xxx

Thanks for the encouragement carrie1980! Thats what I love about this forum. I read your diary last night. Very encouraging. Hope you are feeling better today. I really really want to lose this weight asap but i was wondering if it would take longer now that i have less to lose. I def dont expect to lose the 9lbs that i lost in my first wk on cambridge when I had more to lose 6 yrs ago. (Plus im older now! Didnt think of that) but I do want it to come off quickly.

I need to do some exercise today. I dont feel like going to the gym, I hardley ever do which is why I hardley ever go! Maybe a brisk 20 min walk or a dvd if no ones hogging the tv. Must drink 2 litres of water today though. Those are my goals today. And of course im going to stick to just my packs, black coffee and NO FOOD!

A good day today. Managed to stick to my packs Mainly because I felt so full from drinking so much water and mint tea. I didnt do any exercise though. I have family over for the week end and just didnt get to fit any exercise in.

Really bad day today. We had a bbq. And I didnt even stick to just chicken. I had everything! Chicken, rice, corn on the cob, chocolate trifle jack daniels and coke, cider! I feel awful but tomorrow is a new day.

Hello. Just wanted to say...Dont give up. Just think all that food will still be there when you get to your goal weight.. And if it's 1stone it won't take you long. x

Thanks Marie. Im feeling quite crappy now so just came on here for inspiration. Thanks for your support. And you are so right. The foods I like will still b there when im done. Then its about having them in moderation! Thanks. Good night. A new week ahead.

Hi Slinky. We all have blips. I'm on an extended one at the moment! The important thing is to treat the next day as a new start . You can't undo whatever has already happened. The main thing is to get back on track.

Thanks Lynne. I wanted to get right back on track yesterday. I made the commitment of having my shake first thing yesterday instead of waiting till I was hungry. I wasnt too bad but found myself picking. I have the kids home and family over for the summer hols and im constantly feeding everyone else. Its really hard but I have to stick to it 100% otherwise it wont work. My main fear is that if I dont do something now I will put all the weight back on and it will b even harder. Im starting again today. 100% TS. I just need to get past the first 3 days! Why am I finding it so hard?!

Last edited:
Ive decided to wait till the summer holidays r over. Im finding it too difficult to diet with a house full of kids (7 kids today!) Im constantly feeding them. Im either cooking up a huge batch of food or feeding them take away - pizza hut today. So Ive just decided its best if I wait till everyone goes home and my 2 are back at school.

Ahh I can imagen that is hard with all the kids and food. Definately start when they are back and prepare yourself, get in the right Frame of mind and you will be fine. Keep us updated x

Good luck!!! You can do it :)

Good luck Slinky. How's it gone so far.

Thanks for your support ladies. Yesterday was challenging with it being a Friday but I managed to stick it out. Well done me! Feeling positive I can do this! Hows it going Tracey?

What am I like? Of course I fell at the first hurdle AGAIN!!!
However Im not going to give up! Back in the gym today. Only had 1/2 litre of water so far.

I ve decided im going to share everything on this thread. Of course we all have up days and down days. But how we deal with them can really affect our determination to succeed on this diet. The last 5 months have been horrendous for me. We've had everything from illness, operations, separation from my husband of 15 yrs. House move, financial strain and more stuff that is too personal to share. And of course food has been my comfort and friend thoughout. Or so I thought!
Anyway im starting afresh today. New perspective new start!

Day 1 down. 2 soups. 1 bar but less than a litre of water. I plan to get in 3 litres daily. I burned over 320 cals at the gym this morning. That made me determined not to mess up and put them back on. I feel really good today. Good night.

Back