slow cooker advice

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
Hi all, it looks as though I need to buy a new slow cooker - I've got 2 at the moment, 1 small and 1 huge but I have no luck with either of them. They apparently cook at too high a temperature and all my meats come out very dry and the lid on the big one has giant gaps around the edges. Anyway, what I'd like to know is this: if you're happy with yours and you've bought it fairly recently, tell me what model you have! I say recent purchase only because from what I understand they are now made differently. In the old days I had a slow cooker and never had any trouble with it but I read somewhere they raised the cooking temp in fear of salmonella or some such thing. Any recommendations are appreciated :)

Can't bear gadgets on my worktop so I always use my oven as a slow cooker - works for me! :D

P x

I got a Tesco one for £12.Had no problems with it.My son has a Tesco one as well and he hasn't had any problems with his.
It has low,high and warm setting.Warm setting is very useful as I never know what time OH will be home.

Yep Ive got a Tesco one as well.

I dont think I have ever used the high temp on mine and the state on the meat will depend on what you're cooking etc

I got mine recently from B&M stores. I can't find a name on it, it just says made in China LOL, cost me a tenner. Been great for my yogurts, not used it to cook anything else yet LOL. Maybe we need a slow cooker recipe thread cos I haven't a clue what to do.

aw hun not good. x

Back