Slow cookers

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hey everyone. Seem to be reading a lot of good thighs about slow cookers so hoping some of you use them with ww that can give reviews? How are they, what sort of meals do you make etc.

Ta x

I have one and its brilliant. I do chilli,curry,bolognaise. I have a great ww morocarn chicken recipe that works really well in it ( tho is a discovery recipe I havent worked out pro points yet ). You can do a whole chicken in it which just slide off the bone,sausage casserole i could go on and on

Basically allsorts !! It's lovey coming home ,from work or a day out to a ready cooked meal-less chance of being not bothered to cook and reverting to take away if you've had a bad day.

Are you sensing that I like mine ?

Every week I put a whole chicken in the SC for about 8hrs and like the PP said the meat literally falls off the bone. It means you can get loads of chicken meat for much cheaper than raw fillets and you aren't tempted to eat the skin because it goes all soggy! Pre-WW I had been known to serve up my family chicken meat and just eat all the skin myself! (Nomnomnom but fatfatfat!)

With the SC passata is your bestfriend - 0ppt's cost 25p in Asda and you can make a world of sauces with it

mommyB said:
I have one and its brilliant. I do chilli,curry,bolognaise. I have a great ww morocarn chicken recipe that works really well in it ( tho is a discovery recipe I havent worked out pro points yet ). You can do a whole chicken in it which just slide off the bone,sausage casserole i could go on and on

Basically allsorts !! It's lovey coming home ,from work or a day out to a ready cooked meal-less chance of being not bothered to cook and reverting to take away if you've had a bad day.

Are you sensing that I like mine ?

Lol. Sounds like a winner in your house then! I like the idea with the bad day. Will have a look into some more recipes. Thanks girls x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mommyB said:
shouldnt say this but i like the soggy skin on the chicken !!

Bleugh!!! Lol, just kidding. I've got to have mine crispy!

I also love mine. I acutally bought a smaller one, I think 3.5 litres and now I can cook a curry just for me if I want something spicy while doing WW.

I also do chilli in mine.

I absolutely LOVE my slow cooker! I cook everything in it - Beef or chicken stew, sausage casserole, chilli, bolognaise, Irish stew, curries - basically if it has a sauce it gets cooked in the slow cooker!!!! Its great, you just chuck everything in, turn it on and leave it to work its magic lol! My only tips would be to (a) brown off any meat first and (b) add hot liquid (such as stock etc) rather than cold....

I am starting WW next week and love using my slow cooker. Does anyone have any WW recipes for the SC?

I am starting WW next week and love using my slow cooker. Does anyone have any WW recipes for the SC?

I made this tonight for just myself, had a craving for something spicy.

Propoints value.. 6
Difficulty Level, Easy

30g Patak's Korma Paste
1 chicken fillet
100g Potato
also added carrot, onion & half a red pepper.

Dice chicken & mix with Korma Paste

I cooked all this in slow cooker, add 100 ml water and add chicken & veg & potato, cook on medium for 2.5 hours in slow cooker.

I also did a fab Chilli in the slow cooker using the old point system & it worked out at about 7 points without Rice. Planning on doing it again over the weekend and will work out the PP value but I am planning on using chicken instead of lean mince to save me a few points.

Ok you've convinced me!! And as a bonus my mom has a brand new one sitting in her loft she said I can have :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Folks - you've inspired me to crack open my as-of-yet unopened SC this weekend and try it. I am still nervous about it though!!

I love my slow cooker, sausages, leeks, carrots, pots and sausage casserole sauce in mine last night.....very yum!

Can someone tell me what SC passata is? I mean, I know passata but can't think what SC is? :eek:

Every week I put a whole chicken in the SC for about 8hrs and like the PP said the meat literally falls off the bone. It means you can get loads of chicken meat for much cheaper than raw fillets and you aren't tempted to eat the skin because it goes all soggy! Pre-WW I had been known to serve up my family chicken meat and just eat all the skin myself! (Nomnomnom but fatfatfat!)

With the SC passata is your bestfriend - 0ppt's cost 25p in Asda and you can make a world of sauces with it

It stands for slow cooker. She is saying with the slow cooker, passata is your best friend. I wondered what it meant when I first saw it.

Back