Slow loss this week - inspiration anyone????

Ok, so I have been really lucky with pretty much solid 4-5lb loss per week so far and then the last two weeks I have lost 1lb total. I have not changed my overall calorie intake or exercise output and this comparatively small loss has me totally negging out :( I realise that at least it s a step in the right direction, there is nothing wrong with 1lb etc but it's popping my morale balloons and I really don't want to give up .....

So please, please, please is there anything that I could be doing wrong? Or maybe someone has a success story for me ... tbh anything will do the trick at this stage it's just frustrating me beyond belief that I have worked so hard these last two weeks for one measly lb!!!!!

Gah so negative ... Cheer me up with your happy weeks :) x

Last edited:
What diet are you doing and how much do you have to lose?

Are you drinking 4 pints of water a day? This defo helps. And not eating after 7 pm defo boosts my losses along with the water. Give it a go.

Make sure you are having the correct amount of cals and not having too few. We all hit a week where we don't lose as much but the week or 2 after it all comes off again :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Piggy. You can call me Chips :p You've done so well, keep at it. Everyone expects to plateau after what seems a high regular weekly loss. Maybe look at the photogallery or a pre-loss photo of yourself for inspiration, hang an outfit you love which is one size too small on the outside of your wardrobe, put the money you used to spend on over indulgent treats in one place and buy yourself a nice magazine, a good book or new lipstick or nail varnish ... :p. Take up knitting, play the Arcade games on this site which can be addictive and take your mind of food :rolleyes: Look on that "measly pound as two packs of lard. It's gone from somewhere.

Set realistic and achievable expectations or you will feel you've failed. Keep coming back here and lots of minimins friends will be willing you to succeed :)xxx

i had a month where i did not move at all and i just changed my diet round and stopped drinking and its stared moving again i agree also with my hubby my quick weight as i he calls it( 27st 11lbs) before i came here was fluid now like he said im shiffting the weight i lived with for most of my life and this is where the hard work starts yes i agree with him xx

I really get a lot from reading the stories here - and I track faithfully - the culprit soon identifies itself :D

TBH I spend a lot of time thinking about food and what I'm going to make in advance, so I'm prepared. If I go to work without my food for the day, it's just too easy to get sucked into the sarnie/pastry route!

Big hugs hun, you can do this x

I really get a lot from reading the stories here - and I track faithfully - the culprit soon identifies itself :D

TBH I spend a lot of time thinking about food and what I'm going to make in advance, so I'm prepared. If I go to work without my food for the day, it's just too easy to get sucked into the sarnie/pastry route!

Big hugs hun, you can do this x

here here susie

Back