Slow progress!!

Katie-T

Hi there! I'm new to this group but have been going to slimming world for almost 7 weeks. The first 2-3 weeks I was really happy with the results and lost 7lbs :) but since then I have only been losing around 1-1.5 lbs a week. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that I am still losing weight but I do feel slightly disheartened that I am trying really hard and think I have had a really good week (what with minimising my syns and joining a gym so I am doing a lot more exercise) but not having improved my weight loss. Am I just expecting too much too soon?

Hi Katie, Very well done on your losses so far, it's different for every single one of us, try looking at your breakfasts and changing them try a week of one and then another week of another ;) try to drink at least 6 bottles of water a day thats a good thing to do any way, are you weighing and measuring your healthy A's & B's that can also make a difference.
Good luck mate and keep us informed ;)

Hi Katie,
That's actually quite a good sustained weightloss. Plus you'll also find if you start to exercise more your body will hold onto weight a but, then it'll sort itself out.

Are you losing inches or changing shape?

Keep going, sounds like you're doing the right stuff. I know when I originally lost my weight it came off really fast in the first couple of weeks, and I was gutted when I saw losses of 1lb etc too. If only we could wish the weight away eh! But once I got to goal it was excellent!

good luck!

Back