Slow weight loss journey

Lindsey
Do you think some people can have a slow weight loss journey, I know it's early days, but I the scales say lost nothing this week so far, weigh in fri. Only 4 lb in first week. I am not cheating, I promise on ss+. I hope not I will be so upset if scales say nothing this week o only couple lb. Considering on starvation diet I really hoped would be higher.

Hiya

Chin up, 4 pounds last week was a great loss! I think it's so variable from person to person depending on your starting BMI, your water intake, whether the moon is aligned with venus (or that's how random it sometimes feels!).

I share your pain, my overall losses have kept pace with the average when I look at the weeks overall but day-to-day can stay the same for up to six days on the trot. I've now ground to a complete halt in week ten! Boo :(

Keep strong and consider that, even if you were to switch to another diet, it's just a palaver with points and syns and all manner of doo das and your weight losses most likely would be less.

K x

week 2 is always notorious for poor weight losses for most people so the fact that it has slowed down is not unusual. Normally you will see a far better loss week 3. You only have to watch any series of biggest loser to see how controversial week 2 weigh ins are :) xx I would definitely stick with it until the week 3 weigh in and then make a decision x

Yeah, it sucks, but my losses evened out at slower than average. That's how averages work though. For every girl who whizzes through at an average 4/5lbs per week, there has to be someone averaging 2/3lbs.

Nothing you can do. It sucks, but it will come off, there will probably be better weeks, and in the end, you will get there. Head down, keep going.

Hugs, though.

I'm a slow loser too comparing myself to some lovely people on here. It's disappointing but I'm continuing to be 100% as I dread what results if any I would get it I didn't stick to it xx

I feel the same way. I've been on the diet for 3days and hav only lost a pound. What am I doing wrong?
I reckon one thing you might be doing wrong is weighing yourself after 3 days. I havent been weighing myself at all, other than when the consultant comes round. I reckon that will give me more consistent and reliable measures and wont leave me worrying about the ups and downs of daily life

^ different scales will show your weight as different amounts too, plus it can vary by up to like 4lb during a day! My scales at home say I'm about 1.5 - 2 lb heavier than my CDC's do! I go by hers though since she weighed me first! :p

I'm a slow loser too! I know it sucks but you need to give it time and remember that this diet is more effective that any others. Plus there is much less risk of consuming an entire packet of ryvita/ philidelphia light as I am prone to do on other diets where food is permitted...

Just stick at it for 4 weeks and once that first stone comes off you'll feel much more motivated to stick to it. Oh, and try not to weigh yourself daily - then you get the lovely surprise come weigh-in day!

How goes it Lindsay?

Still no loss this end. Stuck solid on 14'7 and beginning to lose my patience a bit. Only lost four pounds in two weeks and have spent days and days and days on bleeding 14'7.

All the other lovely peeps who started around the same time are accelerating away into the thin horizon while I'm left in the land of podge :(

Feeling mucho sorry for myself tonight, I'm sure morning will resume normal sunny self and maybe even 14'6..... ;)

Back