Step 1 Sole Source Small steps in the right direction

geekgirl

Right.... Don't know where to start here. Have been an on and off lurker on here for a few years.

I lost six stone on LL coming on for five years ago - changed career and watched my weight shoot back up again with a wallop. After a long period of denial about my weight, and finally getting my life into some semblance of order - I've decided to try and get back down to the size ten I was a few years ago.

I decided to give Cambridge a go after another girl where I work started the program and is shrinking before my very eyes! I tentatively approached her - and went to see her counsellor.

I've started and am on Day 12. I was thrilled last week to hear that I lost 10.5 lbs in my first week. It made the first few miserable days seem worth it. So far, so good. I seem to be in a nice rythmn at the moment. However, I don't want to push my luck - I know what a long way I have to go with this, and the idea of sticking to milkshakes and bars over Christmas seems utterly miserable.:(

Any support along the way wolud be v much appreciated!

GG

Right.... Don't know where to start here. Have been an on and off lurker on here for a few years.

I lost six stone on LL coming on for five years ago - changed career and watched my weight shoot back up again with a wallop. After a long period of denial about my weight, and finally getting my life into some semblance of order - I've decided to try and get back down to the size ten I was a few years ago.

I decided to give Cambridge a go after another girl where I work started the program and is shrinking before my very eyes! I tentatively approached her - and went to see her counsellor.

I've started and am on Day 12. I was thrilled last week to hear that I lost 10.5 lbs in my first week. It made the first few miserable days seem worth it. So far, so good. I seem to be in a nice rythmn at the moment. However, I don't want to push my luck - I know what a long way I have to go with this, and the idea of sticking to milkshakes and bars over Christmas seems utterly miserable.:(

Any support along the way wolud be v much appreciated!

GG

Hi chic

Well done on your first weeks loss, that's fab.

you done the right thing my making a diary - it really helps and people's comments are so inspirational :)

Hope you've had a fab day

xx

Hello!

Thank you for the lovely replies and encouragement...., it's fab.

However - I am NOT feeling so fab. A long and grueling day at work today - followed by my weigh-in for week 2 (a day early - my CDC can't do tomorrow). I lost 3.5 lbs. Taking me to a stone in 2 weeks.

Which is where it starts to get random. Instead of feeling really buoyed up - I am sitting here on the verge of tears.... Why? Well - I didn't ask what my stating weight was when I went to see the CDC for the first time. I was too frightened to.

I found out my actual weight tonight (my CDC mentioned my BMI - so I'd already worked it out roughly). And the number was 18 stone, 1 pound.

I am horrified. That is exactly one pound lighter than when I started LL last time round. I'd kidded myself it would be at LEAST a stone lighter than that. I have lost some weight over the past year or so... So god knows what I weighed before that.

HOW did I allow myself to get so big again???!

And also - I am going to be on this sodding diet for MONTHS! I don't know if I can do this. I need to get to 11 stone to have a healthy weight. That's SIX months away. I can't imagine doing this for six months. But equally, I don't want to stay at this size. Feeling pretty grim tonight....,

Hello!

Thank you for the lovely replies and encouragement...., it's fab.

However - I am NOT feeling so fab. A long and grueling day at work today - followed by my weigh-in for week 2 (a day early - my CDC can't do tomorrow). I lost 3.5 lbs. Taking me to a stone in 2 weeks.

Which is where it starts to get random. Instead of feeling really buoyed up - I am sitting here on the verge of tears.... Why? Well - I didn't ask what my stating weight was when I went to see the CDC for the first time. I was too frightened to.

I found out my actual weight tonight (my CDC mentioned my BMI - so I'd already worked it out roughly). And the number was 18 stone, 1 pound.

I am horrified. That is exactly one pound lighter than when I started LL last time round. I'd kidded myself it would be at LEAST a stone lighter than that. I have lost some weight over the past year or so... So god knows what I weighed before that.

HOW did I allow myself to get so big again???!

And also - I am going to be on this sodding diet for MONTHS! I don't know if I can do this. I need to get to 11 stone to have a healthy weight. That's SIX months away. I can't imagine doing this for six months. But equally, I don't want to stay at this size. Feeling pretty grim tonight....,

Well done on the loss :D

hope you feel better soon... I may take you around 6 months to get to goal on this diet, but how long would it take on other diets? Stick with it chic, you've done fab so far

xx

Thank you! And yes - that's what I need to remember - and that's why I'm on this crazy diet to begin with. It would take forever using other methods.

Have pulled myself together slightly.... did post straight after getting in.

Right - I've done this for two weeks without too much difficulty. I can surely manage another two. And I will not focus further than that for now - it's too scary. and, I will:

- walk to work (about 25 mins at present) one way. That's an easy way of getting some exercise in
- post here every day
- buy myself a reward for every stone I lose (ooh - exciting - what shall I get as my first one?!)

Thank you! And yes - that's what I need to remember - and that's why I'm on this crazy diet to begin with. It would take forever using other methods.

Have pulled myself together slightly.... did post straight after getting in.

Right - I've done this for two weeks without too much difficulty. I can surely manage another two. And I will not focus further than that for now - it's too scary. and, I will:

- walk to work (about 25 mins at present) one way. That's an easy way of getting some exercise in
- post here every day
- buy myself a reward for every stone I lose (ooh - exciting - what shall I get as my first one?!)

Yeah it's the reason were all doing it, super results fast, and to be honest when your in the swing of it it ain't hard.

thats a fab idea, i going to start exercising next week.

That's what I done, bought myself a wee pandora pig charm for gettin 2st, that way when I look at it everyday I can remember that food turns me into a pig lol ;)

Have a good day!

xx

Yeah it's the reason were all doing it, super results fast, and to be honest when your in the swing of it it ain't hard.

thats a fab idea, i going to start exercising next week.

That's what I done, bought myself a wee pandora pig charm for gettin 2st, that way when I look at it everyday I can remember that food turns me into a pig lol ;)

Have a good day!

xx

Fab! Love the idea of a pig-charm...., but don't have a charm bracelet to put it on. Have just upgraded my phone to an iphone (from a v dodgy ancient nokia) - so think will have that - plus a funky case - as my reward.

Better day today. Have had a couple of compliments at school today on the dress I am wearing. Which is odd because it is an old dress I've worn quite a bit. As trying to kid myself that it is hanging a bit better ;).

Also made an interesting observation today - I was involved in a stressful situation at work today. as I left the building I found myself planning to go to the tapas bar at the end of the road with my flatmate to sink a bottle of wine and a plate of spicy sausages. And then remembered that I can't do that at the moment. So quite clearly - despite being convinced that I don't - I obviously do turn to food in times of stress. Am going to have a calorie-free bath instead - with lovely lush bubble bar added.

Hope everyone else has had a good day too.

GG

Amay-zing a stone in 2 weeks. It us scary when you think about how long its going to take. But think about it in context if the context of your life..... it will be a flash, a blip... hard but soon gone... and yes brisk if down into small amounts of time... a week, two weeks a day!

Back