Smear Test

Alycyn1980

Addicted to Minimins!!!
Hi I am jst wanting some other ladies thots on the following.

I had a smear test on Monday afternoon & I had a message on home phone this afternoon about my results.

Should I b worried? I think this seems very quick. Mayb I have thrush or something?

Jst looking for some peace of mind as obviously can't contact clinic till Monday now :-(

Want to eat, so stressed out now!

Thanks for any replies x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
Don't worry, chances are it's nothing. Sometimes things get contaminated (like the tubes, it's happened to me before and I had to re-do the test), or they've lost your info, etc. Relax, there's nothing left to do until Monday so stressing about it won't get you anywhere... :) x

I don't think they could possibly have any kind of results back in that short space if time do try not to worry. It's probably what the other ladies said something to do with the actual sample and not the results of it.

One of my smears came back inconclusive and I had to have it again. Even then it took 4 weeks for them to get back to me so it seems pretty quick for results.

Its probably something administrative like others have said.

Thanks everyone. I am a natural worrier & my life is full of 'what if's'. I'll put it out mind & call on Monday :) concentrate on 1st wk back &@ SW & hope for a weight loss on Tuesday!!!

Like the ladies above said, its probably something to do with the admin side of things. Knowing the good old gp's they've probably misplaced your test!! Try not to worry, I'm sure everything's fine xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i dont think they would have any results yet from the actual sample, from what i know they have to grow the cells from the sample in a test tube first to see if they develop any cancerous cells/tissue.
try not to worry like others said they have probably misplaced it or the sample isnt good enough to test for whatever reason.
and remember the whole point of a smear is to detect any problems before they happen, they can do soooo much now to prevent/cure this

All good folks. I have a wee infection & nd to pick up a prescription :) Jst to wait now on the actual results but not worried.

Back