• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Smelling food!!

As a mother to fairly young children, I quite often have to open packets on chocolate bars etc :sigh: Now, I know I may sound a bit nuts, but I find that smelling the food gives me some weird relief from the cravings that I have for it! :eek: Does anyone else do this? Or am I really just the nutty Irish gal that my friends think I am!! :silly:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I hope you are not mad as I do the exactly same thing! I have really got into cooking and being around food knowing I'm not tempted makes me feel impowered or I am trying to punish myself lol

a lot of people do but for some reason it doesnt help me at all it just makes me feel hungrier

don't you find the choc bars smell even more sweet and sugary now you are't eating them

Tell me about it my boss come back from his holiday and bought me a massive bar of spanish chocolate! As he doesn't know I'm on this diet he was surprised I didn't scoff it down in 2 minutes like I would normally do. I just said thanks I will have it later. It took all my willpower and it is still in my drawer at work under lock and key!!!

Yasmine

One last chance
OMG my little sis is exactly the same! LOL I wish I was like that.

I will have it when I'm a thin gorgeous girl!!! lol

sparkle 63

sparkling:)and hopeful :)
i keep going into my kitchen and into the bread bin and sniffing the bread!!! i just crave the smell of bread so badly its crazy but get really pleased with my self cos i can put it back without eating it!!

I totally agree with you sniffing food is lovely staves of the cravings

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
I sniff EVERYTHING!!! so much so i will just casually take something off my OH, sniff it and hand it back, an neither of us so much as blinks haha

i think if its their u can resist, its when the house is empty u want to munch..

xx

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
i do the exact same! i sniff absolutly everything!
my bf says it cant help but sure enough it does!!!!!!!!
i close my eyes, smell it - think of how hard i am working on LT and walk away! :D craving over!