Smoked white fish

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hey hoping someone can help me!

Can you have smoked white fish as a B choice on Green? If so how much of it can you have?

I am having smoked river cobbler tonight and thought I could have a Green day and use this as my B choice if I'm allowed to??

Cheers x

I answered in your food diary :p You can have white fish, i don't know how much cobbler though, its not given. Cod/haddock is 150g, monkfish 185g. Theres some others given too all different weights...but not that,

Thanks Ally! So it doesn't matter that it's smoked? Woop! :D

No i wouldn't have thought so.

River cobbler isn't listed but I cant see why it wouldn't be a HEX? Although like I say its not listed, so up to you.

100g river cobbler is 5 syns on green so personally Id allow 120g (6 syns) per HEXB. And dont forget you get 2 HEXBs ;)

River cobbler, plain/smoked, cooked without fat, 100g 5

River cobbler isn't listed but I cant see why it wouldn't be a HEX? Although like I say its not listed, so up to you.

100g river cobbler is 5 syns on green so personally Id allow 120g (6 syns) per HEXB. And dont forget you get 2 HEXBs ;)

River cobbler, plain/smoked, cooked without fat, 100g 5

Well I'll only be having 115g so will call that my B choice :D nice to know you could have whole pack as 2 B's on Green though. That's quite a lot :eek: way more than 4 slices of bread lol. I need to get more adventurous with this!

This is why I love Green days, theres plenty of HEXes for meat & fush if you want them, but youy also get your extra cheeses and all that fandanglery as well!

I :heartpump: Green! :D

I never thought of it like that! I always thought the meat allowance was really low, like not enough to justify using a B for chicken or something. Basically green didn't work for me cos I didn't do it properly lol. I used my B for 4 slices of bread and lived off pasta!

I'm going to try Green properly!! The week after next, as I have everything planned until then! Oh reminds me I should post in the meal plan thread seeing as I'm super organised this month :D :D

I use one HEXB for toast, then one HEXB and a few syns for chicken. Or on days where I dont have toast I just use both HEXes on the chicken. A small chicken breast is 1 HEX and a syn or two, but sometimes I have a great big fat 250g jobbie for 2 HEXes and a syn or so :D Then I stuff it with cheeeeeeeese from my second HEXA (I use my first HEXA for milk in my coffee) Plenty of HEXes on Greeeeeen :) :D

I've made up a rough plan using mostly quorn and a couple of days using meat as a B. If I like it and lose weight that week I'll try it again! I will need to get my head around using meat for a B lol so will start slowly.

Can you use stuff like tesco value cooked chicken as a B? (not the rotisserie stuff) Would it have to be the real stuff? I'm not sure how much of their cooked chicken is actually chicken...!

I am really interested in making green work for me as it would be so much cheaper. A green shop for a week used to cost us £30, now on EE it's more like £60. Meat is just so expensive, so this way I would be buying less of it.

Ah I hope it works for me!!

Yeah there are loads of cooked chicken things listed, I cant see the Tesco Value one but there are Aldi ones, Bernard Matthews, Co-Op, Asda... between 85 and 115g as a HEXB depending on brand.

I also tend to make loads of veggie things and pad them out with lentils and beans which you can get for literally pence if you buy a big bag of the dried stuff, it lasts forever! A kilo of red lentils is about a pound and lasts me weeks and weeks!

The Xmas soup is fab too, loads of veggies and put a bit of chicken in it, either as part of a HEX or a couple of syns. I usually just put one chicken breast in the whole soup which serves 4-6 and put some potatoes in too, theyre always cheap, also value peas, value carrots, onions, whatever else you've got. Then I stick stuffing balls on top at 1 syn each (1 pack stuffing divided into 16 balls). Tesco value stuffing mix is 15p so a penny each! They're like dumplings cos they soak up all the juice mmmmmmmmmm :drool: If you dont like soup just put less water in and its a stew! :D

ermintrude said:
I use one HEXB for toast, then one HEXB and a few syns for chicken. Or on days where I dont have toast I just use both HEXes on the chicken. A small chicken breast is 1 HEX and a syn or two, but sometimes I have a great big fat 250g jobbie for 2 HEXes and a syn or so :D Then I stuff it with cheeeeeeeese from my second HEXA (I use my first HEXA for milk in my coffee) Plenty of HEXes on Greeeeeen :) :D

Ermitrude, on the day you don't use he for toast, what would your breakfast example be? I also think green is mostly bread and pasta. Will jump over and have look at your diary...oh when would the cheese go in the chicken? When its nearly cooked?

Ermitrude, on the day you don't use he for toast, what would your breakfast example be? I also think green is mostly bread and pasta. Will jump over and have look at your diary...oh when would the cheese go in the chicken? When its nearly cooked?

If Im not having toast Ill have fruit eg a pear, a peach a nectarine and an apple, or sometimes berries and yoghurt. Usually 3 or 4 pieces of fruit. Breakfast isnt a big meal for me, I cant stomach much in the mornings, I need 2 or 3 coffees before I can face food.

The chicken I put everything in at the beginning and then just shove it in the oven til its done.

Basically for 2 people I mix 100g Feta with 2 cloves crushed garlic and some salt & pepper, then slit the raw chicken breast open and put half the cheese mix inside each. Then stuff it up with fresh basil, close the chicken and wrap each one in 3 slices prosciutto/Parma ham. Then bake for 20 min. 1 HEXA for cheese and 1.5 syns for prosciutto. Yum :)

6928309043_ddb9c106d2_o.jpg

Wow looks fantasic. My oh isn't keen on feta but I imagine once its cooked he wouldnt know difference. Have some feta in house that needs used up so that helps...thanks for that

Back