Snack and meal ideas for a newbie please!

kezre

Hi everyone, I'm new to SF and was wondering if any of you had recommendations for alternative snacks or meals!?
I have just had my second baby and I'm 30 this year (ahhh!!) and would really like to lose all this weight that has crept on the past few years.

Hello and welcome to slim fast. I'm sure you'll do super well if you can get on with it..... I personally love this diet!

For dinners there isn't too much advise I can give you with out going into whole recipe ideas... Don't think that's quite what you wanted. I know alot if people use ready meals as their main 600cal meal, purely for the fact it's easy (ie it's calories are already calculated) an just add a slice of bread, veg or a pudding to make up the calories. I personally like to make fresh stuff, but that's personal preference (as most of the time I'm cooking for myself I put left overs in the freezer, then I can just throw them in the microwave when I'm being lazy)

As for snacks.... These are the fun bit!!!! Allowing you not to feel to deprived!!!

Supermarkets do a while range of less the 100calorie cereal/chocolate bars and crisps.
Alit if the special k bars, mini toffee crisps, break aways etc and then there's crisps.... (multipacks of) French fries, squares, quavers, skips are all under 100cals.

For treats I use one of my 100calorie snacks for things like a gin and slimline tonic, or 2 Maryland cookies, or a cadburys highlight hot chocolate with 2 marshmallows in the top!!!

Plus theres always fruit.... You can have a surprising amount if fruit for a 100 calories, a banana, a bowl of strawberries and blueberries, several satsumers! I make sure I have at least 1 normally 2 of my daily snacks as fruit.

Good luck!

skips are less than 100 and little bags of animal biscuits rocky biscuits and aero biscuits and chocolate eclairs by ww and there are some little pots of jelly for 10 calories snack a jacks wotsits i didnt realise how many treats you can get for a hundred or just under x

Last edited:
Back