Snacks on refeed??

katieg

Ive just started doing the re-feed and am wondering if you are allowed any snacks of any sort??
For example, on Atkins (no or very little carbs) you can have salami or chorizo with a small amount of cheese??
Any advice would be great as im not in the uk and dont have access to the chemist or LT telephone line

Thanks

I don't recall that snacks are allowed Katie, probably not cos if you think about it snacks helped to make us fat in the first place......

Yeah, thats understandable.....
Im really struggling on this re feed and feel really rubbish again!!!

Im seriously thinking of:
Continuing with re feed for another 7/8 days (until ive no shakes left) but after day 4 having a bowl of cereal for tea every other night. Then when i go down to one shake, having cereal for breakfast and shake for lunch then healthy meal.
Then when im done, switch onto slim fast and calorie counting for the for-seeable. I dont think my body is working well with no carbs. My glands are swollen atm which happens when im run down. Im not doing anything apart from dieting so it can only be that :-(

Im thinking this is the more sensible thing for me..... then maybe in May start back on LT or Exante??

Could you manage with say scrambled eggs and a piece, or two, of toast? Or protein and veggies? There're more carbs than you think in veg. Try logging on to myfitnesspal.com and put in a typical meal that you would normally eat....in fact get all your info BMR etc and see what calories you would need to lose say 2lbs a week. Did you mention somewhere else that you weren't too clued up about nutrition? On mfp you can get the breakdown of fats, protein and carbs in any given piece of food, it's a really useful piece of kit!

Oh thats cool, i will have a look at that!!!
I have been really good today and not snacked so im pleased with myself!!! The snacks will have to wait until after i finish and i decide what to do. I just dont know what to do, slim fast, atkins, exante or LT ?? Decisions decisions lol

I read somewhere that Slimfast is not a good choice of meal replacement shake as they have so much sugar in them. Anyone else shed any light on this?

Yup, there's about 25 grams of carbs in an average serving and about 18 grams of that is sugar:eek: not ideal but hey if that's all you have for breakfast or lunch it's still going to help you lose weight.....and I like the taste:D

Yeah, its not too bad i suppose as an alternative!! My friend started slim fast a day before i started LT and she has lost 10lb so far and she is only around the 12stone mark so i think thats pretty good?
Im trying to scrape enough money together for exante though i think as i just dont think im going to have time to get LT while im in the uk. Ive heard and read good things about it!!

I think a good diet is called "harcombe diet" look it up on amazon, u can get 2 book inc a recipe book. Its basically a diet that takes u back to basics, 1st 5 days all you can have is, meat,fish,veg,salad and eggs. After that you can introduce things like milk, cheese, and fruit and small carbs, very interesting one. I have several males friends on it inc my brother who has lost 3 1/2 stone on it and eats tons lol think he has been on it for about 4 months!

I think a good diet is called "harcombe diet" look it up on amazon, u can get 2 book inc a recipe book. Its basically a diet that takes u back to basics, 1st 5 days all you can have is, meat,fish,veg,salad and eggs. After that you can introduce things like milk, cheese, and fruit and small carbs, very interesting one. I have several males friends on it inc my brother who has lost 3 1/2 stone on it and eats tons lol think he has been on it for about 4 months!

I think I'll look this up myself, Claire.

I will be following atkins after finishing LT, I know it works for me, does not work for everyone.

Atkins is not as harsh as I first thought it would be. plenty of veg and other stuff too.

Have a look at the forums for the other plans and see what other people think about it all.

Back