Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sneaky peek?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Shelliewoo83, 12 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Shelliewoo83

Shelliewoo83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.6%)
    Does anyone else find they cannot resist the temptation of having a sneaky peek on the scales? I don't have any at home, but just been to my mums and couldn't resist a look. Disappointed though now as only lost 1/4lb, but got official WI tomorrow so hoping I can at least lose 1lb, as I WI on a morning instead of weighing in the evening like I've done tonight.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rosie_Lee

Rosie_Lee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7.5lb(32.32%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    plus the scales will probably weigh differently.

i'm always peeking lol

4. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

I weigh at home and they live in the bathroom so i weigh about 3 times a day, its a little bit on an obsession!

5. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    I find that my true weight loss never shows up until my weigh in day. It's like my body needs the 7days to give me a result.

I can weigh on Tuesday and it can show a sts or gain but on my official weigh Wednesday I can show a 2lb loss.

So although i do jump on the scales I.never take any notice till Wednesday

6. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(9.48%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I weigh like every other morning which is silly! Just can't resist as there In my bathroom! I think il move them!

7. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont have any - It's one thing I keep meaning to buy for the new pad but I think I'll just leave it to the class scales, save me some money haha!

8. SJDrocit

SJDrocit Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.4lb(37%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    yeah I am on mine more than 3 times a day, got me down so far this week, I have wi tomorrow morning and hoping for a loss, not the 2lb gain my scales said this morning

9. Hello_2_Slimmer_Me

Hello_2_Slimmer_Me Full Member

i like a sneaky peak at mine as i go along. i tend to weigh at home in the morning when i get up and then before i go to bed .... i like to see how much weight i have put on during the day, then lost again in the morning. :) ...... but i only officially count what i weigh at WI! ..... i like to play my changing my trousers game before WI to find my lightest trousers, lol .... once i lost 1lb on my scales just by changing my trousers! :D

i also find if i've been sticking to the diet and i have a big gain (other when its my * week .... which last time added 3lbs to my weight, which i'd luckily lost again by WI) i can look at what i've eaten / my changes to exercise routine, ect and see what must have been working / what foods i might need to cut down on / cut out. ... also means i'm not surprised by a gain at WI if i knew there was a chance of it and can work out what it was before hand even though i haven't managed to sort it out again by WI :)

10. Loulabella2

Loulabella2 Zumba Mad Mummy & Wife

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.43%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    I only started on Monday n i keep looking i so hope the scales are true!

11. chunky-monkey77

chunky-monkey77 i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh in on a wed night but always have a sneaky peek on the morning at home.ww scales vary from mine week to week sometimes they are less , more the same as I have been known to jump on my scales in the morn for them to be up be in a bad mood for the rest of the day go to class and have a loss ! Has this ever happened to anybody ?

12. azwethinkweiz

azwethinkweiz Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(22.47%)
    Diet:
    WW Propoints
    I'm exactly the same.
    I weighed the other day and showed a half pound down. then weighed yesterday and it showed a STS. Then weighed this morning (official WI) and I was down 1.5lb!! Sneaky peeks can give you a boost if they're nice results but can make you feel really bad if they show gain or STS... so they're dangerous things lol... x

13. Crazyarmywife

Crazyarmywife Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I find this really hard to resist, They are shouting at me from upstairs, its awful ha ha. There is no way i can go all week without a sneak on them so i get on them on a saturday for my official weigh in and then have a peak on wednesday too, If wednesday dont show any loss i dont take notice till the actual scales reading on saturday x

14. Galifreyan

Galifreyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast 3-2-1
    I sneaky peak all the time but I don't let what it says affect me until my official wi.

Daft isn't it lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

15. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    I weigh myself every morning, but would never dare set foot on another pair of scales!!

I WI at home and follow the online plan, when i used to go to meetings i would never weigh myself at home. I find that weighing each day reminds me each morning to be good, and motivates me to keep going, but each week i do always find i weight less a couple of days before weigh in than i do on WI day, i never lose as much as i think i'm going to... does that make sense?

16. joeverafter

joeverafter Member

Hide your scales!

I used to be a serial weigher and I think it leads to a slippery slope of obsession! This time round I've got my other half to take the batteries out and hide them!!:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.