"Sneaky" veg suggestions

vicmilotom1

Hello all.
I think I've moaned about this on another post somewhere before haha!

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can incorporate my 3rd veg onto/into my EE plan meals. I'm slightly fussy about veg but I know how important it is, no problems with fruit could eat that until the cows come home it's just veg I struggle with :sigh:

Vicki xx

grate carrots and courgette into your bolognese/chilli

mash carrots, turnip (or swede if you're a southern lol ) or celeriac into your mashed potatoes

tinned tomatoes or pasata

Pssssst... A little life saving secret I have is if you can't always be arsed to put veg in your pasta n sauce or you just want a no nonsense ham sandwich, eat a piece of fruit or 2 before or after the sandwich. Your body doesn't know that the fruit isn't part of your main meal eh? ;) always worked wonders for me.

I apply the above to every meal that doesn't contain superfree :) I don't always want salad with my tuna jacket potato lol, I'm just lazy haha

What about soup?? It 's so easy to make and I feel like it's a treat having soup before my meals. My favourite at the moment is butternut squash soup just fry chopped onions, chuck in cubes of butternut squash and add stock. Once the butternut squash cubes are soft, blend :)

I hate carrots and cabbage but always put it in soup then blend it and forget it is there.

Mashing cauliflower into potato is a good one - makes your potato go much further too for those who prefer less carbs.

I always put a bag of frozen sliced peppers, fine green beans, onion and mushrooms in my chilli.

Someone said in group last night that they mash all there veg in with there potatoes so that could be worth a try.

I find plenty of black pepper on my veg helps

I like your style Craig, I love black pepper on all my meals lol xxxx

I used to make bolognese sauce for the fussy kids I looked after by boiling up carrots, diced peppers, onion, garlic and tinned tomatoes with some frozen chopped basil then when veg was soft blending it till smooth. Was really tasty and leaves no lumps except the mince you add to it.

Would also work with chilli by taking out the basil and adding fresh or dried chilli then beans as well as the mince.

Same thing works as a pasta sauce too :)

Back