So annoyed!!!

curvesncurls

So.... did my first ever 100% week, turned down the treats, cut down the wine, etc.... Just weighed in and lost 1/2 pound!!! What the hell??!!! Felt dodgy tummy, bloated - anyone any ideas what it could be? So disappointed, cos I was so good. Not star week or constipated, exercised three times, can't figure it out. :cry:
Anyone else have a similar experience? Is it just my body getting used to all the fruit and veg - bit messed up maybe. Really feel like a binge, when I was eating 20 extra syns of chocolate and packets of biscuits and wine and not synning it, I was losing pounds and pounds.
Any advice? Ideas?

Sometimes you just have weeks like that - after all your body is not a machine that will lose weight on demand. Only thing to do is move on knowing the plan works and that the weight will come off in the future.

I've just got weighed and also only lost 1/2lb :( same last week. I've been really good last 2 weeks and only lost 1lb total. BUT, I have just been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Just got to keep soldiering on...Good luck next week :) I'm going to change what I eat, see if mixing things up will help :)

Thanks guys, I guess it's just one of those things. Guy at the gym said to take the weight loss by month, not by week. As youo said, the body is not a machine, so guess it's just wait and see!

Thanks again xx

I always find your a week in hand....so good luck for next week!

Put it this way, you lost and didnt gain - you're doing something right!
Maybe check over syns again? i don't know how advanced you are, but its worth having another check to see if u went over.
Or it may be that your body just didn't want to lose weight that week really, i know people who lost that then have a massive loss the next week, don't lose hope!
good luck! xx

Guy at the gym said to take the weight loss by month, not by week.

Thanks again xx

I think that's bang on the money. It's the trend over the long term that counts not what you lose or gain on a week by week basis.

Keep plugging away and the weight will come off.

Im the same, I was really good last week but STS. I even skipped a few meals and missed some HEXes cos I was so busy so I wondered if I was not eating enough.

WI was yesterday and I STS, I was pretty disappointed. :( But then this morning I got weighed and 3 lbs had mysteriously disappeared overnight, then I went to the loo and another pound dropped off! :eek: Weight and scales are too unpredictable and variable - curvesncurls is right, its the longterm that matters, not the day by day, week by week weights.

I tend to find my body does it in bursts, it dangles around the same number for a week or two then all of a sudden several pounds drop off at once. It wil disappear, just keep persevering, good luck x :)

I had this the other week, kept under Syns every day (but not stupidly so), had all my HEs, gym 3 or 4 times & lost half a pound. I was gutted as we were going away the following weekend & I wanted a good loss before we went.

Anyway came back from our weekend away where I had 2 days of flexi syns & I lost 5.5lbs & that was just before star week!

ermintrude said:
Im the same, I was really good last week but STS. I even skipped a few meals and missed some HEXes cos I was so busy so I wondered if I was not eating enough.

WI was yesterday and I STS, I was pretty disappointed. :( But then this morning I got weighed and 3 lbs had mysteriously disappeared overnight, then I went to the loo and another pound dropped off! :eek: Weight and scales are too unpredictable and variable - curvesncurls is right, its the longterm that matters, not the day by day, week by week weights.

I tend to find my body does it in bursts, it dangles around the same number for a week or two then all of a sudden several pounds drop off at once. It wil disappear, just keep persevering, good luck x :)

I'm the same - every month i have a small (0.5lb) gain in * week, a big (for me) loss & 2 weeks where i loose between 0.5lb & 2lbs. As long as i leave a month weighing less than i started i'm happy.

I think that's what's annoying me- I've my star week in a fortnight, so expecting a gain then. But that being said, I lost two and a half pounds last time I was due. Mad stuff this weight loss, really messes with your head. I've been so bold for 80% of my two stone eight loss, never doing a proper week and sometimes doing the complete opposite, with losses.
Still, just one of those things, I guess, so onwards and downwards!
Do any of you wonder how you could do this without this forum? You're fab peeps, loving the advice and being able to just lay it on the line, exactly what you think. Feeling the love people, feeling the love!!!!!!

Back