So disappointed in myself ;(

Safia

Gold Member
So far i have been very good on both exante and slim and save (apart from one day on exante when i had chicken last month) but today i really messed it up. I knew today was going to be tough because i am soo tired and plus i have gone over to stay with my mum and dad with the children. My parents are not the most supportive when it comes to weightloss as they dont see anything wrong with their food whereas i do because that food is partially the reason i am losing weight in the first place. I tell them i dont want fried food or curries laden with oil so please make it more healthy and they just dont do it. So today when they offered me food i said no and also said to them that for the rest of the week i wont be eating it either because i have my own packs. My dad said why and i told him i want to lose some weight and the look he gave me sent a dagger through my heart and just made me feel pathetic. My mum had fried some kebabs and i ate several of them and i know i am out of ketosis now and also up a couple of lbs. I am so disappointed in myself that i am still not strong enough to deal with my parents. Only this morning i was on a high that i would most likely get into the 14s tomorrow but it looks like i have ruined that now. I have also let my husband down who told me to stay 100% despite what they say and if i feel tempted he can always come and get me. Its even more disappointing as i will be stopping slim and save and going back to sw in around 3 weeks and i really wanted to start sw in my 14s but it doesnt look achievable now and will most likely start sw in 15s. i have let everyone down and let my weaknesses win ;( sorry for the ramble ;(

Hey hon A few days off plan will mostly b water weight and will fall off u next wk so please don't worry U can turn it around Tis Amazin I do d same when I visit or stay over at my parents hse - I return 2 my old habits because they treat u like a child so u do what Ur told- which is annoying so I start emotionally eating and am like a hoover! Do WS days allowing urself one meal of protein and veg or just protein if dats what's on offer If fried....use tissues to soak off excess grease/ oil, if coated in breadcrumbs scrap it off!!!
Chin up
U r in control

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Safia, if you stuck to meat and low-carb veges/salad then you may well still be in ketosis (the atkins kind). perhaps for now, since you have a short period before switching to SW, don't visit your parents. It's very hard with parents. I come from a culture where plumpness is celebrated and there's a part of me dreading my parents' and in-laws' reaction when I visit them in a couple of months. I'll still be on S&S packs every other day by then and it'll be hard for them to understand so I'm trying to come up with a escape mechanisms. My OH is very supportive, like yours and he won't batter an eyelid about moving into a hotel if our parents get tricky. Maybe you should've taken your OH up on his offer to pick you up.

Safia please don't beat yourself up over this. You will not of piled loads on and ruined everything, all you need to do it get back on plan and I bet after a week on S&S there won't be any gain.
I have had a few weeks off and eaten all sorts of rubbish and only put 7lbs on during that time but I am back on it now. I am not saying it's ok to go on and off plan but I just felt I needed a break to get stupid ideas out of my head. If you are not in the right mindset this diet can be very hard and if you are not getting family support or if people are mocking it can make you feel awful.
Stay strong and believe in yourself, you can do this you know you can. Go prove the doubters wrong! :)

Safia, I went away for 5 days and planned to be 100% s&s.... the second I got there I cracked open the biscuits.

But I'm home now, i ate REALLY badly for 4 days and didn't touch any s&s products but im sat here now drinking a bottle of water an had a s&s bar for brekkie.

I could have just thought 'well ive messed it up now' an had toast for brekkie! but i thought 'no!' ad i'm starting new today.

Within the week I'll be back in ketosis and back on track.

If i (and you) give in then its only detrememntal to ourselves.

I know we can do it :)

Thankyou so much everyone for your lovely supportive messages x
I am back on it 100% today but after weighing myself it shows a 3.5lb gain which i hope is mainly water! The food was salty so i probably have retained quite a bit of water too because of that. I have everything set out for today so my 3meal packs plus chicken for my protein option so i cant cheat because i have been caught short. I dont feel hungry but dont know whether its because i am still in ketosis or because i am still very bloated. sorry tmi but cant seem to go to the toilet so trying to drink loads of water will try and down 4 litres instead of 3 today. Still feeling down but just getting on with it, without cheating as i really dont want to let my hubby down more and as i am here till saturday or sunday i am might aswell grow a backbone and be strong against my parents otherwise i will always be like this x

You have to eat an extra 3500 cals to put on a poud and i bet you didnt eat that!!!!

You'll drop it in no time!! X

Thankyou so much everyone for your lovely supportive messages x
I am back on it 100% today but after weighing myself it shows a 3.5lb gain which i hope is mainly water! The food was salty so i probably have retained quite a bit of water too because of that. I have everything set out for today so my 3meal packs plus chicken for my protein option so i cant cheat because i have been caught short. I dont feel hungry but dont know whether its because i am still in ketosis or because i am still very bloated. sorry tmi but cant seem to go to the toilet so trying to drink loads of water will try and down 4 litres instead of 3 today. Still feeling down but just getting on with it, without cheating as i really dont want to let my hubby down more and as i am here till saturday or sunday i am might aswell grow a backbone and be strong against my parents otherwise i will always be like this x

Good on ya hun! That's the attitude x

Diet out of window. My daddy has gone. Cant cope, i just dont want to believe it. He was our rock.

Oh no, Safia! That's incredibly sad. Just take care of yourself hun x

Safia said:
Diet out of window. My daddy has gone. Cant cope, i just dont want to believe it. He was our rock.

Hi Hun so sorry to hear about ur loss!! I lost my dad almost two years ago n even till this day I've not got over loosing my dad, my dad was the best father, sweet honest n humble person! It broke our hearts the day my dad left, we still
Live n we still go on but dad lives in our hearts forever! U never get over it but u manage to control ur self enough to go on as we all will go one day wen it's our turn!! Till then all we can do is pray for the ones we love, n pray Allah paak give them a place in jannat ameen!! My sincere coldonces to u n family !! Xx

I've only been on here a few times. So sad to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad 11 years ago. Must be a big shock to you. Please take care. Sorry I don't know you but I know how u feel xxx

Safia said:

Hey Hun hope ur well, n coping wiv loss!! Allah give u heaps of sabar n strength, it's not easy n never will get easy, but we just learn to cope n carry on living !! Hope ur well been tinking about u loads!! ((hugs)) xx

Safia said:

Hugs. Take care, I can't begin to imagine.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

One day at a time my dear xxx

Back